SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 12--#1 Southeastern vs #4 Covington @ Xenia

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Not a shock

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

These accouncers aren't wrong, saying passing is covingtons game, but its not entirely correct either. Covington wants to run it more than pass it, they just pass it really well. I said earlier in the week, covington is gonna run wishbone, single back, I formation, pistol... they run it A LOT.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

First time listening to either team (another penalty for Southeastern while typing this sentence), Southeastern has held Covington to less than 60 yards passing and rung up well over 300 yards but lack of discipline and some bonehead calls have killed them. Covington apparently had a good game plan and has stuck to it. Ruby seemed to try to do too much at times and it has not worked out.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

2nd and 35 for Southeastern, wow. I guess if it's the last game of the year you don't have to worry about running laps or pushups?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:25 pm First time listening to either team (another penalty for Southeastern while typing this sentence), Southeastern has held Covington to less than 60 yards passing and rung up well over 300 yards but lack of discipline and some bonehead calls have killed them. Covington apparently had a good game plan and has stuck to it. Ruby seemed to try to do too much at times and it has not worked out.
I'll see what Cates says after the game, but I'd guess covington wanted to run it a lot tonight and work the clock and not try to score quick. Of course that only works if you're playing gokd defense, which they did. Next week, against mechanicsburg, I'd bet covington plays it more wide open.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Thanks for all the updates tonight Portsmouth.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I've not followed d6 at all this year as there weren't any playoff teams close by me but these announcers seem to think Mechanicsburg will be a buzzsaw.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Falcon01 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:28 pm Thanks for all the updates tonight Portsmouth.
No problem, it was hard to keep up with at times but happy it was useful for someone.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:29 pm I've not followed d6 at all this year as there weren't any playoff teams close by me but these announcers seem to think Mechanicsburg will be a buzzsaw.
People have picked mechanicsburg to win this regional all season long. I think most believed this would be the regional championship matchup.

Covington running it that well without Wiggins though is really impressive.

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

Good teams figure out how to contain ruby, thats what coal grove did to them couple years ago at valley, but the have nothing to b ashamed of, there r alot of other teams that would to b playing but there not!!!!!! Great season guys!!!!!!! Just have to work a little harder in the off season!!!!!!!!!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

SE ran 22 more plays than covington but only had 2 more yards. Field position was a big part of this game and Covington won that pretty much all night. That's big in close games.

They said ruby didnt have a 10+ yard rush till his 23rd carry. Major props to covington. Sounds like covington got some really solid shots on him too.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Southeastern on an outstanding season, I'm sure your fans and your whole community are very proud of you.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to SE on a great season, and I hope everyone enjoyed these years with Ruby he's truly a special talent. He fought all night and radio said he didn't have a run longer than 10 yards until the 4th quarter. People kept underestimating Covington but once you get this far it's not enough to say here Lane run ball please. To many penalties and unable to punch it into the end zone.

Return to “Football”