Week 12: WOOD BURG

14U
S

Re: Week 12: WOOD BURG

Post by 14U »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:37 pm
Amicis_Addict wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:31 pm Congrats to the burg on a great season. A week 12 exit on a “down year” is nothing to hang your head about. This wood team is something special. Looking forward to our meeting with the tigers with the regional championship on the line. As always. GO WOOD!
Yeah, what may be considered to be a “down year” for the Burg would be something many programs wish they could experience. Burg had tremendous fan support from beginning to end, as to be expected from a proud community. So did Ridgewood. The game was all-but-decided way earlier than expected, but as a neutral observer this was the sort of atmosphere on both sides that epitomizes the values and standards we hold dear to ourselves in high school sports. Both teams will be back, as they’ve been here to stay for quite some times as two of the best small school programs in their respective parts.
Both of you, great post!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Pirates on another great season.

Good luck to The Wood. I think their passing game gives Ironton fits.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Congratulations to Ridgewood. Very deserving victory tonite. I thought they were clearly the better team. It just seemed like burg could not make the big play when they needed to make it. Has a chance to get off the field if they can get a 3rd and 8 stop and give up a 40 yard pass and had it to 28-10 and got another stop and had momentum and rough the punter. Geez. Just lots of mistakes that got it out of hand. I take nothing away from Ridgewood. They were outstanding. Great season for wheelersburg to get to week 12 after a slow start their kids battled all year Good luck to Ridgewood next week

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

First off Congratulations to Ridgewood on a well executed game. We had nothing for you.....
Second Thanks to the Pirates for another memorable year. Keep your heads held high and regret nothing. You all did well.
To the seniors leaving it has been a pleasure watching you all. Thank You

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great season Burg! Not a bad season at 8-4 with a true QB.

Congrats to RW on the win tonight. Looked a lot like the Burg’s offense from the last two years. Great QB and RB (hope he can play this week) and No. 6 is a beast at WR.

RW exposed something that no other team had this year and that was the Burgs pass defense.

Two key plays in the game was the Burg kicking the FG on there first series instead of going for it on 4th and 1. After RW went right down the field on there first possession it was obvious Burg was going to have to match them TD for TD. Horsley was running up the middle and getting big gains on that first drive.

Second big play was the roughing the punter. Why even go after the kick then!! You just held them for the first time on the night and was getting the ball back with some momentum.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:01 am Great season Burg! Not a bad season at 8-4 with a true QB.

Congrats to RW on the win tonight. Looked a lot like the Burg’s offense from the last two years. Great QB and RB (hope he can play this week) and No. 6 is a beast at WR.

RW exposed something that no other team had this year and that was the Burgs pass defense.

Two key plays in the game was the Burg kicking the FG on there first series instead of going for it on 4th and 1. After RW went right down the field on there first possession it was obvious Burg was going to have to match them TD for TD. Horsley was running up the middle and getting big gains on that first drive.

Second big play was the roughing the punter. Why even go after the kick then!! You just held them for the first time on the night and was getting the ball back with some momentum.
Agree! You said it right! 4 and 1 go for it. Burg scored held them needing the ball rough the punter. Last I’ve said it a lot tonight ridgewood find something and went at it all night burgs Dbacks as they got burnt all night. But for a runningback Horsley playing QB did great job this year since coming in. For an Average burg team 8-4 is a great year and give everybody all they had. Can’t take anything away from ridgewood good football team and discipline

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:02 pm Wheelersburg needs to schedule up
😂

Sportsfan32
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan32 »

What a year for Wheelersburg football! The start of the season didn't look better than 5-5 but to finish 8-4 on a "down year" with a 6th straight SOC title is outstanding!

Congrats to Ridgewood on the win. Burg struggled all night on both sides of the ball and it ultimately cost them the game and season. Wood was easily the better team and I wish them the best against Ironton! Should be a good one!

Onto basketball season, GO BURG!!

Whether Hell freezes over or pigs learn to fly, I'll be a Wheelersburg Pirate till the day I die
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the wheelersburg pirates on another fine year of football. just way too many injuries this year I think. but awesome year by a perennial playoff team.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Congrats to Ridgewood on a very good game and a great game plan. They are a very well coached team. It should be a great Regional Final with Ironton.

It was a rough weekend for southern Ohio football teams.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good season for burg and a great career for the seniors, they won a title at every level from little League through high school. 4 SOC titles, 3 regional titles and a state title. As far as Ridgewood, congrats to them, they were definitely better and executed. They'll be in the final 4 at least. I'm pulling for the generals.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:01 am Good season for burg and a great career for the seniors, they won a title at every level from little League through high school. 4 SOC titles, 3 regional titles and a state title. As far as Ridgewood, congrats to them, they were definitely better and executed. They'll be in the final 4 at least. I'm pulling for the generals.
Wow you think they’ll beat Ironton and your pulling for them ?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

packers80 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:01 am Good season for burg and a great career for the seniors, they won a title at every level from little League through high school. 4 SOC titles, 3 regional titles and a state title. As far as Ridgewood, congrats to them, they were definitely better and executed. They'll be in the final 4 at least. I'm pulling for the generals.
Very good group. Horsley is really good and Mathews is one of the best all around players I've seen in this area. He may not have prototypical size for D1, but he plays like it.

I don’t think they won 3 regional titles though. Freshman year they lost to Coshocton in Regional Final. Sophomore won State. Junior year lost is State Semifinals. So two Regional Finals. Still excellent accomplishments

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 am
Ironton and Ridgewood both beat Wheelersburg and both won last night, and both deserve to play in the regional final. I support all of southern ohio and hope ironton wins. Go Tigers!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:11 pm
Ironton and Ridgewood both beat Wheelersburg and both won last night, and both deserve to play in the regional final. I support all of southern ohio and hope ironton wins. Go Tigers!
AGREED

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Yes and yes

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

What were folks’ thoughts on Lancaster as a site?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

One of the strangest stadiums I've ever been. I felt like I was in a treasure hunt to get there. Walk down 3-parking lots behind the school, cross an old bridge over a brook and there's the entrance into the stadium.

Not the easiest to find in the dark, b/c it's not well marked coming off a 2-lane road, and cannot see the stadium nor the lights from the highway.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:36 pm
Yes and yes
At least your honest about it 😆

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Lancaster is dark on the home side and dark getting there and missing one light pole on home side middle would lighten it up a lot! Visitors has 3 light poles and home two. The track on visitors makes you far back and too far back to watch a game.

Return to “Football”