Week 12: WOOD BURG

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by PirateFan[69] »

TheNest wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:57 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Drew Pasteur had them as a playoff quirk as a team that could possibly making it in at 4-6. I find it amusing that Minford fans will post about how burg isn’t that good instead of posting how good Minford actually is, which is what I believe
Same here Woby.
Wins over Greenup, Oak Hill, Waverly, Valley, and West would have gotten them in?

I never said Minford isn't a good team, I think they are, but it's not like they're world beaters. I guess I'm used to wheelersburg measuring themselves against excellence, not 'good' teams in Southern Ohio.

I'll not sidetrack this thread anymore than it already is. We can agree to have a different opinion.
Mr. Nest, all 19 of your posts are bashing Burg. Would you by chance like to support the team which took your team out twice this season?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

TheNest wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm
Soccer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:42 pm
NoPain23 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:23 pm I really thought burg would turn the corner this post season, after struggling with Minford again, I think they’ll get destroyed by Wood
Agree 1000%
Would not surprise me. Given wheelersburg and Minford were supposed to be in two totally different spots, I’m not sure what that says about wheelersburg.

We were told wheelersburg had greatly improved and Minford had imploded, but the margin was only 4 points difference from the first game
You can tell Minford played different than they played the second half of the season against burg. Both times Minford played at a different level against burg than they did against other teams last 5 games. . I watched the waverly game and Oak Hill online. Minford game over next up! Go to the Minford Burg thread to talk. That’s my last post about it on this thread.
Last edited by 14U on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

fbnut wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:03 am I heard Presale tickets will be online only
No presale tickets at school
Never heard of that. Something new?

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Thank you @formerfcfan! I played on the 09 team that played oak hill in Lancaster and it was beautiful back then before the turf field. Can’t wait to see what it looks like as a fan now!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:58 am
TheNest wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:57 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Same here Woby.
Wins over Greenup, Oak Hill, Waverly, Valley, and West would have gotten them in?

I never said Minford isn't a good team, I think they are, but it's not like they're world beaters. I guess I'm used to wheelersburg measuring themselves against excellence, not 'good' teams in Southern Ohio.

I'll not sidetrack this thread anymore than it already is. We can agree to have a different opinion.
Mr. Nest, all 19 of your posts are bashing Burg. Would you by chance like to support the team which took your team out twice this season?
If you make an accusation at least let it be true. Not all 19 of my posts are bashing wheelersburg. Several don’t mention them at all.

For the record I hope they win this week and a few more.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Tough week for the pirates. Rwood looks like the real deal! Fast and strong! Burgs poor tackling and costly penalties won’t help their cause this week. If burgs oline can get a push the pirates may be able to make this game interesting. My prediction for the game

Wood 35
Pirates 38 can’t pick against them! Lol

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 pm The best is Burg people constantly think everyone copies what they do. Ridgewood copies Burgs offense. That confuses me I don’t think Ridgewood runs a 10th of the amount of formations that the Burg runs. There’s 2892 of them.
I agree to an extent. I see what you mean. But from just 3 years ago until now they have went from a heavy run to now a true spread RPO offense with midline being the main action. Burg has ran that for years. So yea. We know it and it looks like they took a page out of our book. That's how coaches learn. It would be dumb to do the same stuff that wasn't winning you the ball games. But they had some really good film from the 4 times they played Burg. I mean those were the years Burg was really hitting on all cylinders.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:30 am Tough week for the pirates. Rwood looks like the real deal! Fast and strong! Burgs poor tackling and costly penalties won’t help their cause this week. If burgs oline can get a push the pirates may be able to make this game interesting. My prediction for the game

Wood 35
Pirates 38 can’t pick against them! Lol
Burg didn’t have that many penalties in all their games, just the 2 Minford games where they had more 15 yarders and over 100 yards in both games. Burg killed theirselves against Minford in both games on penalties that stopped many scoring drives. Unless they did all year but not noticeable do to being ahead and winning. But you’re definitely right if the don’t clean that up it will be a long night against a team like ridgewood. This ridgewood team is for real, great team and burg needs to play smart no mental errors. If burg holds on to the ball and plays smart without dumb mental errors this will be a great game to watch. I think a lot of the penalties was who burg was playing. Players getting to pumped up and playing over physical.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:34 am
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 pm The best is Burg people constantly think everyone copies what they do. Ridgewood copies Burgs offense. That confuses me I don’t think Ridgewood runs a 10th of the amount of formations that the Burg runs. There’s 2892 of them.
I agree to an extent. I see what you mean. But from just 3 years ago until now they have went from a heavy run to now a true spread RPO offense with midline being the main action. Burg has ran that for years. So yea. We know it and it looks like they took a page out of our book. That's how coaches learn. It would be dumb to do the same stuff that wasn't winning you the ball games. But they had some really good film from the 4 times they played Burg. I mean those were the years Burg was really hitting on all cylinders.
Wrong changed to complete spread my senior year which was in 14’ was wing T before that. They’ve stayed spread since maybe little run heavier some years then other based off of the players strengths you have. That just coaching and trying to put your players in best position to win.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:34 am
On top of that Ridgewood won many of games in the Wing T went to the state semis running the wing T.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Happy Veterans Day to all you veterans on the thread. How many times has the BURG faced a supposed giant and undefeated teams and came out the victor? A lot. Ridgewood is good to be 11 and 0 but I don't believe they are 3 tds better than Burg. Line them up and let's play the game. I know I said earlier the visitors side is bad at Lancaster but I havent been to the field since it was grass and Burg played their playoff game there. Kinda bad I live here but I always still go to the Burg on Friday night for football. I've been to a lot of venues in Central Ohio and the only atmosphere that comes close to Burg is Amanda Clearcreek. School is in the middle of a corn field and those folks love their football like Burg.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: WK12: Wheelersburg v Ridgewood

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Good luck to the burg. Watching Wood this past Saturday there a solid team. That qb can sling the ball and is really fast. Fast receivers who don’t miss. They don’t make mistakes. This is a toss up for me. I root for the southern Ohio teams but this one will be close. This will be a fun game to watch and with the Trojans out I’ll stay home in the heat and listen.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Happy Veterans Day to all the Veterans out there! So blessed to live in the greatest country in the world and it’s because of you guys fighting for our freedoms!

Now I’m gonna go on a little bit of a rant. Please feel free to scroll past this. But the OHSAA online ticket sale is an absolute JOKE. They advertise its 8 dollars presale.. then they ADD a $1.51 processing fee! What a scam! They should be ashamed of themselves. Cheaper at the gate! I know it’s only $1.51 but still! OHSAA is gonna make even more money than they already do. I’ll be making sure I get one of the 500 paper tickets allotted to the school.

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

From a Portsmouth fan, I’ll take the Burg here in a close one. Too many all around playmakers for the Pirates. Wood won’t get the pressure on the Burg QB that they got on Portsmouth, and Burg has a decent defense to slow the Generals down.

Burg has to stop the QB from running, burgs secondary will be fine against the deep ball. Most of Woods will come off the bubble screen. Which in my option a hold could be called on at anytime if wood blocks it the way they did against Portsmouth, but it’s a judgment call and up to the ref crew, as long as it’s consistent. Not every crew will be the same though some will call it some won’t.
Good luck pirates represent Scioto county well.

I’ll be rooting for you Waverly and Ironton now, till next year.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Dunno why fans of the team burg beat Saturday can't be happy with a 3rd place SOC finish and a playoff game. Isn't that better than what they usually get? The fans of the team they beat twice got sour grapes and I understand, I guess, because burg was " down" this year and everybody else was up. Well, i'd be upset too if the best team in the last 10 years your school has couldn't beat a "down" burg team. If you wanna talk any further about the team they beat Saturday go to their basketball thread. This thread is for teams that are playing in week 12. Good luck burg and good luck to Ridgewood, 2 teams with playoff history.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burg will have to play very well to win, Ridgewood has a solid squad and are a well coached, disciplined team.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:27 am From a Portsmouth fan, I’ll take the Burg here in a close one. Too many all around playmakers for the Pirates. Wood won’t get the pressure on the Burg QB that they got on Portsmouth, and Burg has a decent defense to slow the Generals down.

Burg has to stop the QB from running, burgs secondary will be fine against the deep ball. Most of Woods will come off the bubble screen. Which in my option a hold could be called on at anytime if wood blocks it the way they did against Portsmouth, but it’s a judgment call and up to the ref crew, as long as it’s consistent. Not every crew will be the same though some will call it some won’t.

Just saying hard to see all of woods playmakers when you’re quickly down 28-0. I don’t think you saw half of the play makers we have. And why throw the ball down field if you can’t stop our screen game why give any of that up for next week... I think you’ll be surprised.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:44 am
Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:27 am From a Portsmouth fan, I’ll take the Burg here in a close one. Too many all around playmakers for the Pirates. Wood won’t get the pressure on the Burg QB that they got on Portsmouth, and Burg has a decent defense to slow the Generals down.

Just saying hard to see all of woods playmakers when you’re quickly down 28-0. I don’t think you saw half of the play makers we have. And why throw the ball down field if you can’t stop our screen game why give any of that up for next week... I think you’ll be surprised.
Burg will have to account for all of them. Looks like Ridgewood is a good defensive team. If burg can move the ball, I like their chances better.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg doesn't need to try and get into a shootout with RW. Use that huge offensive line and run between the tackles with Matthews and Horsley. Catch RW loading the box and hit them with a pass to Makya or Ruby.

Burg needs to just control the clock with long sustained drives that puts points on the board and keep Wood's offense on the sideline. Burg has one of the better lines that they have had in awhile.

As far as the ticket sales online and trying to get more money out of fans, what a COS the OHSAA has become. Do you print off the tickets at home or will they be able to scan your phone at the gate? I can really see that happening with Mary or Joe Gateworker, who have never really done something like that trying to scan people in. Talk about an absolute mess!!!!!

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:00 pm Burg doesn't need to try and get into a shootout with RW. Use that huge offensive line and run between the tackles with Matthews and Horsley. Catch RW loading the box and hit them with a pass to Makya or Ruby.

Burg needs to just control the clock with long sustained drives that puts points on the board and keep Wood's offense on the sideline. Burg has one of the better lines that they have had in awhile.

As far as the ticket sales online and trying to get more money out of fans, what a COS the OHSAA has become. Do you print off the tickets at home or will they be able to scan your phone at the gate? I can really see that happening with Mary or Joe Gateworker, who have never really done something like that trying to scan people in. Talk about an absolute mess!!!!!
Honestly I pray Burg tries to run between the tackles that’s the strength of Ridgewood’s defense. We are tough on the dline not trying to be cocky just saying that’s the strength of the defense and if you guys are able to run between the tackles we got a problem.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED

Return to “Football”