Week 12: WOOD BURG

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Re: WK12: Wheelersburg v Ridgewood

Post by Raycharles »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:00 pm Burg doesn't need to try and get into a shootout with RW. Use that huge offensive line and run between the tackles with Matthews and Horsley. Catch RW loading the box and hit them with a pass to Makya or Ruby.

Burg needs to just control the clock with long sustained drives that puts points on the board and keep Wood's offense on the sideline. Burg has one of the better lines that they have had in awhile.

As far as the ticket sales online and trying to get more money out of fans, what a COS the OHSAA has become. Do you print off the tickets at home or will they be able to scan your phone at the gate? I can really see that happening with Mary or Joe Gateworker, who have never really done something like that trying to scan people in. Talk about an absolute mess!!!!!
Doing the presale tickets this way might be the worst idea OHSAA has had in awhile I hope no one buys them online and they get slammed at the gate. Big f u to OHSAA

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just watched some of the Indian Valley game on YouTube and looks like Wood gives up the long pass quite a bit. Burg just might have to throw the ball deep a few times. Lot of speed at WR for Burg.

I might have to change my thought process and this just might be a shootout. Indian Valley moved right down the field on them with the pass and runs between the tackle. As far as running the jet sweeps this week just don't see it working as Wood has a lot of speed on the outsides and react to the sweeps very well.

I believe this game to be closer than what people think. Just because Minford gave Burg a game means absolutely squat. That is a conference foe who wants more than anything to beat Burg in everything they play. It's called a rivalry for a reason. You throw out the records in that game every time they meet.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:00 pm Burg doesn't need to try and get into a shootout with RW. Use that huge offensive line and run between the tackles with Matthews and Horsley. Catch RW loading the box and hit them with a pass to Makya or Ruby.

Burg needs to just control the clock with long sustained drives that puts points on the board and keep Wood's offense on the sideline. Burg has one of the better lines that they have had in awhile.

As far as the ticket sales online and trying to get more money out of fans, what a COS the OHSAA has become. Do you print off the tickets at home or will they be able to scan your phone at the gate? I can really see that happening with Mary or Joe Gateworker, who have never really done something like that trying to scan people in. Talk about an absolute mess!!!!!
Lancaster HS did online ticketing all regular season. I attended the Reynoldsburg/Pickerington Central playoff game last Friday night and the online ticketing was a breeze. Your tickets are sent to your phone and they scan the QR code on them. Easy.

Everyone can feel free to buy their tickets at the gate. Pack the booth to send a message. Meanwhile I’ll walk past y’all with my tickets on the screen, beat the line and get the seat I want.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Are they not selling any at all at the schools?

BRabbit
Waterboy

Post by BRabbit »

IV did have a big plays against Ridgewood, however they only reached the endzone one time.. scored 9 points. Wood is very solid defensively. Looking forward to Saturday. Goodluck and safe travels to all.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Lancaster HS did online ticketing all regular season. I attended the Reynoldsburg/Pickerington Central playoff game last Friday night and the online ticketing was a breeze. Your tickets are sent to your phone and they scan the QR code on them. Easy.

Everyone can feel free to buy their tickets at the gate. Pack the booth to send a message. Meanwhile I’ll walk past y’all with my tickets on the screen, beat the line and get the seat I want.
But forget about the older people that don’t have smart phones that wanna come out and watch their grandson play or granddaughter cheer. The ones that need a good seat let’s make things harder for them.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:33 pm

But forget about the older people that don’t have smart phones that wanna come out and watch their grandson play or granddaughter cheer. The ones that need a good seat let’s make things harder for them.

Good point!!! Just to make a few extra dollars!! Not everyone knows how to use that technology these days or can afford it. They probably didn't like the thought of all these years these schools, who actually need the money making money off of presale tickets.

SMDFH!!!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully Wood gets caught looking ahead to Ironton. Wood is a 16 point favorite

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:37 pm
Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Good point!!! Just to make a few extra dollars!! Not everyone knows how to use that technology these days or can afford it. They probably didn't like the thought of all these years these schools, who actually need the money making money off of presale tickets.

SMDFH!!!!!
Yup all they care about is getting their mulla

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by 4thgoal »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 am I know I said earlier the visitors side is bad at Lancaster but I havent been to the field since it was grass and Burg played their playoff game there. Kinda bad I live here but I always still go to the Burg on Friday night for football.
Lancaster only updated the playing surface, not the facility, so the bleachers are the same. I believe the visitor side goes from the 10 to the 10 and they are about 8 rows high.

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:46 pm Hopefully Wood gets caught looking ahead to Ironton. Wood is a 16 point favorite
Ridgewood is 0-4 all-time against Wheelersburg in football. I can assure you they will not be looking ahead to Ironton. Delusional Wood fans may be looking ahead to Ironton based on a website prediction but I can assure you the Generals are WELL AWARE at the task at hand.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

RaceEagle wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:46 pm Hopefully Wood gets caught looking ahead to Ironton. Wood is a 16 point favorite
Ridgewood is 0-4 all-time against Wheelersburg in football. I can assure you they will not be looking ahead to Ironton. Delusional Wood fans may be looking ahead to Ironton based on a website prediction but I can assure you the Generals are WELL AWARE at the task at hand.
Any well coached team won’t allow their team to do that especially in the playoffs

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm
TheNest wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm
Soccer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Agree 1000%
Would not surprise me. Given wheelersburg and Minford were supposed to be in two totally different spots, I’m not sure what that says about wheelersburg.

We were told wheelersburg had greatly improved and Minford had imploded, but the margin was only 4 points difference from the first game.
It was 28-10. Late in fourth quarter, with a late Td after the onside kick to make it close. These posts amaze me. Can’t we give burg credit for beating a solid minford playoff team. Burg got the toughest lower seed from the top four. I mean history should prove that now burg rarely gets destroyed.
Any win in the playoffs deserves credit, but Minford is no where close to the level of Ridgewood.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ridgewood is not the same team burg played years ago. They have numerous weapons. They used to be a run heavy team now there a pass heavy team. Rooting for burg but that sophomore quarterback Ridgewood has will impress you.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:34 am
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:04 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Drew Pasteur had them as a playoff quirk as a team that could possibly making it in at 4-6. I find it amusing that Minford fans will post about how burg isn’t that good instead of posting how good Minford actually is, which is what I believe
Not from me, I never said how good one is or how bad the other is. I just think they're very similar and one isn't head and shoulders better than the other. If I'm dead honest, both Burg and Minford are mediocre DV playoff teams at best, and both are not anywhere near the caliber of R-wood or Ironton.

Now that the season is over, I'd say Minford is lucky they're not facing this team b/c I know R-wood is 3 or 4 more scores better. Same with Ironton, they would beat Minford by the same or more as the did the burg in week 1. If by some miracle Ironton plays burg again, it's going to be the same result just only in Week 13. However, no way that happens, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ridgewood +24.5 over the burg.
Based on what? Your feelings?
Burg beat Ashland. The team that beat ironton. I’ll take your +24.5 bet.
OK, I'll bet you a cup of coffee.

No burg didn't beat Ashland, and anyone not drinking the orange kool-aid knows the Refs beat Ashland. There is no way with a straight face you cannot say that's exactly the case.

1)The phantom holding call on the screen pass that was ran for a TD;
2)The muffed punt that burg was given the ball only to score on the next play;
3)The PI at the end of the game on a pass that was so overthrown it hit the fence to put burg in FG range.

All 3 of those atrocious officiating calls lead to points by the burg. I'd be embarrassed to win a game like that with all the home cooking that was involved in the burg that night. Refs 17 Burg 17 vs Ashland 33

Wheelersburg will be exposed this week and it will be a 4-score game. I'm standing by it: Ridgewood +24.5. That's based on the teams I've watched this season, and that W'burg was just a few inches from being a 5-5 team. Also, it was some your fans who predicted running clock on Minford by the end of the 3rd, or else they felt you guys were in big trouble.
Last edited by vladimir on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

NoPain23 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:09 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm
TheNest wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Would not surprise me. Given wheelersburg and Minford were supposed to be in two totally different spots, I’m not sure what that says about wheelersburg.

We were told wheelersburg had greatly improved and Minford had imploded, but the margin was only 4 points difference from the first game.
It was 28-10. Late in fourth quarter, with a late Td after the onside kick to make it close. These posts amaze me. Can’t we give burg credit for beating a solid minford playoff team. Burg got the toughest lower seed from the top four. I mean history should prove that now burg rarely gets destroyed.
Any win in the playoffs deserves credit, but Minford is no where close to the level of Ridgewood.

Burg knows that but Burg is better than the majority of the teams on Woods schedule if not all of them.

I just don’t see this being a blowout by either team and I’d actually take that 16 points a Burg is getting. Watched a few more games of RW and they just don’t cover the deep ball well. Burg has the playmakers to get behind the defense.

I think this has the makings of an instant classic.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Ridgewood +24.5 Burg's secondary is their weak link and unlike Waverly, Ridgewood has a very mobile QB that can make something outta nothing really fast.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:27 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:34 am
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:04 am

Not from me, I never said how good one is or how bad the other is. I just think they're very similar and one isn't head and shoulders better than the other. If I'm dead honest, both Burg and Minford are mediocre DV playoff teams at best, and both are not anywhere near the caliber of R-wood or Ironton.

Now that the season is over, I'd say Minford is lucky they're not facing this team b/c I know R-wood is 3 or 4 more scores better. Same with Ironton, they would beat Minford by the same or more as the did the burg in week 1. If by some miracle Ironton plays burg again, it's going to be the same result just only in Week 13. However, no way that happens, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ridgewood +24.5 over the burg.
Based on what? Your feelings?
Burg beat Ashland. The team that beat ironton. I’ll take your +24.5 bet.
OK, I'll bet you a cup of coffee.

No burg didn't beat Ashland, and anyone not drinking the orange kool-aid knows the Refs beat Ashland. There is no way with a straight face you cannot say that's exactly the case.

1)The phantom holding call on the screen pass that was ran for a TD;
2)The muffed punt that burg was given the ball only to score on the next play;
3)The PI at the end of the game on a pass that was so overthrown it hit the fence to put burg in FG range.

All 3 of those atrocious officiating calls lead to points by the burg. I'd be embarrassed to win a game like that with all the home cooking that was involved in the burg that night. Refs 17 Burg 17 vs Ashland 33

Wheelersburg will be exposed this week and it will be a 4-score game. I'm standing by it: Ridgewood +24.5. That's based on the teams I've watched this season, and that W'burg was just a few inches from being a 5-5 team. Also, it was some your fans who predicted running clock on Minford by the end of the 3rd, or else they felt you guys were in big trouble.

Hey, why’ll you’re at it how about how Burg cheated Madison last year as well. SMDFH!!

It doesn’t matter in the Ashland game, the calls were made by yes a terrible reffing crew. Ashland held on almost every play they scored on in the second half. On the fake punt that Burg tried,the Ashland defender with his back to the play grabbed the Burg receivers around the waist a full 2 seconds before the ball got there. No call. Burg would have scored on that drive at least a FG. Bottom line is you have to adjust to bad calls.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:35 pm Ridgewood +24.5 Burg's secondary is their weak link and unlike Waverly, Ridgewood has a very mobile QB that can make something outta nothing really fast.

So did Minford. What’s your point? He led them in rushing attempts but he never ripped off any big runs.

Return to “Football”