Week 12: WOOD BURG

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by Jack Sparrow »

I know this. Burg will be prepared. It won’t take a huculean effort, IMHO, but it will take burg playing well. Ridgewood is good, burg is battle tested. Packers80 says it best

Ordinary kids doing extraordinary things

Go burg

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ridgewood is an hour bus ride closer to Marietta than Burg

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

If this game was in West Lafayette, I’d say Ridgewood. But since it’s not, I think the Burg can get it done, but it’ll be tough.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Wood is well aware of what they will be up against in the Burg. An extremely well coached disciplined football team. Burg always plays hard and they are battle tested. Can the Wood get the “monkey off their back?” Time will tell.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 am Ridgewood is an hour bus ride closer to Marietta than Burg
But everyone knows that the ohsaa tends to screw southern oh teams in the playoffs

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:11 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 am Ridgewood is an hour bus ride closer to Marietta than Burg
But everyone knows that the ohsaa tends to screw southern oh teams in the playoffs
Yeah but you got Jackson last year so that was a good deal

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:46 am If this game was in West Lafayette, I’d say Ridgewood. But since it’s not, I think the Burg can get it done, but it’ll be tough.
Wood is better at home. But aren’t all teams better at home? I’m sure Burg is better when they play at the Ed. Looking forward to an exciting game Saturday. Both teams will be well prepared and ready to go. Should be a dandy. Anybody have any leaking sources as to where this is going to be?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Both these teams fans travel well so this should be a very good atmosphere for a week 12 game

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Burg has to clean up the penalty situation last night's game wouldn't have been as close as it was if it wasn't for mental mistakes just dumb penalties! I do believe Burg has a good chance at winning this game. The Wood is good and Burg will have to play better than they did last night. Burg will be prepared for a game like this they have faced adversity all year and this is no different. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game and GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Let me ask Wood posters this. Have you all played against a back like Burg has in Matthews??

If he gets a little in front of the defender he is gone

I’d be really happy with Hamilton twp. Almost all 4 lane. Hate that drive to Logan and or NY

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

just want to say whoever created this thread the name is outstanding WOOD BURG

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:31 pm Let me ask Wood posters this. Have you all played against a back like Burg has in Matthews??

I’d be really happy with Hamilton twp. Almost all 4 lane. Hate that drive to Logan and or NY
They just played against Parker, forget already. Besides the key to that entire offense is Horsely, look no farther than the first few games of the year to see that, even the drive where he was out against Waverly, offense went backwards. He's what makes that offense work, it takes him, Matthews, and Ruby to make it run it's not simply Matthews back there, they tried that week 1 and it didn't go well.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Kicker. wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:37 pm just want to say whoever created this thread the name is outstanding WOOD BURG
Thank you thanks lol. I thought it was very appropriate

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:31 pm Let me ask Wood posters this. Have you all played against a back like Burg has in Matthews??

They just played against Parker, forget already. Besides the key to that entire offense is Horsely, look no farther than the first few games of the year to see that, even the drive where he was out against Waverly, offense went backwards. He's what makes that offense work, it takes him, Matthews, and Ruby to make it run it's not simply Matthews back there, they tried that week 1 and it didn't go well.
IMO he’s better than Parker. I’m sure you’ll go ape💩 because I said that but that’s just my opinion

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:10 pm

IMO he’s better than Parker. I’m sure you’ll go ape💩 because I said that but that’s just my opinion
At least I’m not the only one

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

He might be, but it's not like there's some huge talent gap in the 2, like you're making it out to be, where it's like oh my gosh Ridgewood have you ever seen a RB like Matthews who will run away from you, lol. Yeah Parker and his 4.4 can do the same thing. Why would I go crazy about your opinion on it? It's no big deal both very good backs, 1 has to do a lot more of it on his own but for the area there's Shoemaker, Parker, and Matthews in no particular order.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Parker finished the first half with 26 yards.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:15 pm

He might be, but it's not like there's some huge talent gap in the 2, like you're making it out to be, where it's like oh my gosh Ridgewood have you ever seen a RB like Matthews who will run away from you, lol. Yeah Parker and his 4.4 can do the same thing. Why would I go crazy about your opinion on it? It's no big deal both very good backs, 1 has to do a lot more of it on his own but for the area there's Shoemaker, Parker, and Matthews in no particular order.
I couldn’t agree with this more I haven’t watched them both play all year long I think they’re both great players one might be better but it’s not a huge talent gap where ones gonna get the other over something.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

When someone gives an opinion on here it usually gets trashed. My apologies to you sir.

Not sure also Portsmouth has the line Burg has.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:43 pm

When someone gives an opinion on here it usually gets trashed. My apologies to you sir.

Not sure also Portsmouth has the line Burg has.
Oh no apologies necessary I know exactly what you mean, typically someone wants to explain to you why you're wrong. No Trojans don't have the line that Burg has and they also don't have another running threat like Burg has in Ruby.

Return to “Football”