WK12: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs. #2 Jonathan Alder (11-0)

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK12: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs. #2 Jonathan Alder (11-0)

Post by greygoose »

Yes, Teays Valley was an absolute terrible host, probably worst location I've been to. Ppl were waiting 15 minutes to get into the parking lot because they had 1 attendant. PA system was terrible, snow was from Monday night and you couldn't put salt out Tuesday or Wednesday to have it cleared for friday??? Awful. I watched a lot of ppl slip and fall, never even addressed it until then. Teams have to walk 10 minutes just to get to the field across the parking lot everyone is driving into. I sat on the home side and that visitor section was tiny and zero room for anyone not 45 minutes early. Bathrooms yeah that was a joke you build a separate bathroom building and put 4 stalls, really??? That's where you decided to cut the corners. Also if you're going to park ppl at both ends of the stadium have an entry at both ends of the stadium.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

This game should have been played out at the 328 reservation in Chieftain stadium.

Good season Jackson!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:45 pm Well, I certainly didn't mean to start a huge strength of schedule debate by saying that I want Jackson to take the next step in the post-season. Mentioning the crucial mistakes last night was also not a knock on anyone particular, so I hope it wasn't taken that way. It's just a trend that I have seen in many of our recent playoff appearances with some of our best teams. I know that it's tough to compete in the D3 playoffs, but I feel like there have been several times (2011, kinda 2014, 2019) where Jackson has had a team that is capable of being competitive in Week 12, only to have things spiral out of control and end up losing a lopsided decision. I think sometimes we get too caught up in "playing a perfect game" instead of just executing. Some of that is just running up against better teams, but some of it might be a bit of a mental thing that we need to overcome.

As far as the schedule goes, Wellston is finally gone. Logan and Athens are SE Ohio schools of similar size that are usually solid. Hopefully they can both get back to being successful once again. Wheelersburg is D5, but if anyone wants to complain about playing them, I'm just not listening. They're a great program. Western Brown is also a D3 school that is supposed to have some talent coming up, so hopefully they get better. Do we still have Week 3 open? Would love to see Ironton, Granville, Clinton-Massie, etc. as options going forward, but we'll see. I think people forget that we have played Granville recently in the regular season twice, played Winton Woods, played Cabell-Midland (WV). I don't disagree that the schedule can improve, and I have always been a big proponent of that, but it's also not quite as bad as people sometimes make it out to be. Burg was "down" this year, Athens was a little down, the FAC wasn't very strong. Some of that is luck of the draw type stuff, but like I said, I am in favor of going out and finding better games.

Final thing. I think it's very easy to see the talent of Jacob Winters. There are not many freshmen that are as physically imposing as him, and there are even fewer that can run and throw the ball the way that he does. He WILL be the starting QB for the next three seasons and I, personally, cannot wait for that. He is going to be special, and there will be a lot of talent within the program joining him. The future of Jackson football is bright, in my opinion. I do wish we had seen him more at QB last night, but that's not how it happened.
Some solid posters up in Ironmen territory and this is a good read. Objective and sounds pretty spot on based on what I hear from others and what I have read on other threads.

My general and overly broad sense with watching the Ironmen has always been the need to have a more balanced playbook. Sounds like the right personnel are coming through to do just that and maybe that breaks them over the hump into winning a region. Several friends who I trust as being pretty straight shooters have both indicated the Winters kid will very likely be the best quarterback to come out of Jackson in quite some time.

Great season and we will see you folks in 11 months at Ed Miller.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Ironman61 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:55 am Not sure how Teays valley was qualified to host..parking was a nightmare nowhere near enough seating for the visitors.. the lines at the bathrooms were lined up and the concessions were running out of everything. The PA system didn’t work for 3/4 of the game and I don’t no how many ppl I seen slip and fall on the home team side on all of the ice( even though it hadn’t snowed in days)....because there were no seats left on the visitors side..
Wow, sorry to hear that. Was rooting for TV to be a success as a game host.

Really mystified re the PA issue. We played there in week 7, (first time seeing the new renovations), and both the PA announcer and the sound system were solid all night long. For all the improvements and audio-visuals, I was kinda surprised they didn't mic the officials that night.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Congrats Jackson on a good season!

Return to “Football”