WK12: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs. #2 Jonathan Alder (11-0)

countywide35
SEOP

Re: WK 12: D3 R11 - #3 Jackson (11-0) vs. #2 Jonathan Alder (11-0)

Post by countywide35 »

IronmenLover1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:00 pm I think Jackson is going to get killed in this game... just like they got killed last year against Buttermore and his buffoons. We just won’t have what it takes. I guarantee it. Our coaching staff will piss down their legs like they did last year when they had to play an actual quality opponent in the playoffs...

Good grief.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Plus that Granville team was pretty good last year butermore is a great coach also

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:12 pm
IronmenLover1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:00 pm I think Jackson is going to get killed in this game... just like they got killed last year against Buttermore and his buffoons. We just won’t have what it takes. I guarantee it. Our coaching staff will piss down their legs like they did last year when they had to play an actual quality opponent in the playoffs...

Good grief.
What makes it more interesting is when you look at his last post. Hasn't posted since Jackson played Granville last year and talked about his son playing O-line for Jackson. Seems to be harboring some issues from last year as the post on that game weren't bad at all.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This team is decently better than last year and they have improved greatly throughout the year. Coaches have to get some big credit for that. Coaching staff has shown they’ve been great in preparing and calling our biggest games this year.

I don’t see this being similar to last year’s team vs Granville

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Alder 35
Jackson 21

Hopefully Alder gets caught looking ahead

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:40 pm Alder 35
Jackson 21

I don’t know if it’ll be that high scoring but also didn’t think we’d score 70 last week.

I think a repeat performance of week 10 and 11 will give Jackson a chance to win. An early season penalty/turnover/personal foul game and we’re in trouble.

But make no mistake this team is peaking at the right time

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I just don’t see how or why for that matter would you get on here to post something like that. In the grand scheme of things for gods sake it’s a high school sporting event With KIDS!!! Of course we want them to win. Of course we want this team to go 12-0 and to the regional on to state semis. But if they don’t. Then o well. Hit the weight room , work , and we will try it again next fall!! Like Jackson HIGH school has done for 100yrs strong in the SEOAL and now the FAC......I would say put his post up in the locker room but don’t give him the honor pleasure of being in there. Boys there’s WAY more us pushing for you boys every snap of the way....don’t let this guy speak for us all....let’s go up and beat this team up and onto the next........

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:45 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:40 pm Alder 35
Jackson 21

I don’t know if it’ll be that high scoring but also didn’t think we’d score 70 last week.

I think a repeat performance of week 10 and 11 will give Jackson a chance to win. An early season penalty/turnover/personal foul game and we’re in trouble.

But make no mistake this team is peaking at the right time

There’s a reason we looked the way we did that first hot insect infested night in Portsmouth west to the last three weeks.
We are in great physical shape. Great position. Healthy. Hungry. Hittin on all cylinders. Confident. It’s all there. They are feeling it right now.......

Truthteller
Waterboy

Post by Truthteller »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:37 pm
This team is decently better than last year and they have improved greatly throughout the year. Coaches have to get some big credit for that. Coaching staff has shown they’ve been great in preparing and calling our biggest games this year.

I agree I92... this team is different this year! I hope a few people have to choke down a win by the ironmen this week.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:49 pm I just don’t see how or why for that matter would you get on here to post something like that. In the grand scheme of things for gods sake it’s a high school sporting event With KIDS!!! Of course we want them to win. Of course we want this team to go 12-0 and to the regional on to state semis. But if they don’t. Then o well. Hit the weight room , work , and we will try it again next fall!! Like Jackson HIGH school has done for 100yrs strong in the SEOAL and now the FAC......I would say put his post up in the locker room but don’t give him the honor pleasure of being in there. Boys there’s WAY more us pushing for you boys every snap of the way....don’t let this guy speak for us all....let’s go up and beat this team up and onto the next........
If not for his bitter post from last year about our center during the Granville game....I’d guess it a coach just giving easy bulletin board material.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:37 pm

Could see a rematch of Jackson-Granville next week if both pull upsets. In the Ironmen scenarios If Granville-Jackson win it'll probably be in Logan and the same if Hartley-Jackson win . (45-50 mile trip for all teams)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:18 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:49 pm I just don’t see how or why for that matter would you get on here to post something like that. In the grand scheme of things for gods sake it’s a high school sporting event With KIDS!!! Of course we want them to win. Of course we want this team to go 12-0 and to the regional on to state semis. But if they don’t. Then o well. Hit the weight room , work , and we will try it again next fall!! Like Jackson HIGH school has done for 100yrs strong in the SEOAL and now the FAC......I would say put his post up in the locker room but don’t give him the honor pleasure of being in there. Boys there’s WAY more us pushing for you boys every snap of the way....don’t let this guy speak for us all....let’s go up and beat this team up and onto the next........
If not for his bitter post from last year about our center during the Granville game....I’d guess it a coach just giving easy bulletin board material.

It sure rubbed me the wrong way....

gridironguru7
Waterboy

Post by gridironguru7 »

Reading the original post, I don't think it was meant to be taken as a slight to Jackson's players on a personal level... I think the original poster's son was actually on Jackson's team last year. I know he spoke with charged words but after last year's drubbing and him being close to the situation I can understand his angle. If that kind of thing is what you consider bulletin board material, you my friend must have never been played high school football. If jim-bob jacksonlover wants to vent then let him be. Just my two cents

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

gridironguru7 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm
Reading the original post, I don't think it was meant to be taken as a slight to Jackson's players on a personal level... I think the original poster's son was actually on Jackson's team last year. I know he spoke with charged words but after last year's drubbing and him being close to the situation I can understand his angle. If that kind of thing is what you consider bulletin board material, you my friend must have never been played high school football. If jim-bob jacksonlover wants to vent then let him be. Just my two cents
It’s all good , he’s a good guy, maybe just having a bad day

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I don’t foresee this team flopping just yet nor their coaching staff letting them down. I’ve said this before. It’s going to take a teams best effort AND catching the in game breaks to beat them. We line up. And do what we do best. Play clean mistake free football. To the whistle. For 4qrters of football.
I like our. cHances against anyone.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Alder just moved up to D3 this year but they do have a 61 player roster. Depth won't be a problem this week.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 pm Alder just moved up to D3 this year but they do have a 61 player roster. Depth won't be a problem this week.
Centennial had D7 depth

Nibbles
Waterboy

Post by Nibbles »

Would love to see #42 back at running the ball again. The kid runs like a BEAST!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Nibbles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:06 am Would love to see #42 back at running the ball again. The kid runs like a BEAST!
He injured knee and just not enough time to recover. I agree he is a beast and stinks he got hurt. Hate to see any of our kids hurt especially the seniors .

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 pm Alder just moved up to D3 this year but they do have a 61 player roster. Depth won't be a problem this week.
I believe that includes their freshmen as well.

Return to “Football”