WK12: 4. Trimble (11-0) vs 1. Springfield (11-0)

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Re: WK12: 4. Trimble (11-0) vs 1. Springfield (11-0)

Post by buckeyes05 »

I’ll be that guy.... every year when Trimble loses its because of someone else... bull crap!! You got beat by a team that scored more points than you!!! Get over it and get the basketballs out

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Then you didn’t see the play or hear the rationale from the officials. Regardless, Trimble had their chances and didn’t capitalize. They usually (almost always) win the close ones, but Springfield played a balanced game and made plays when needed. That’s about all that can be said.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Few observations:

The two point play was in fact a legal play. The only penalty that should have been called was offside on the defense. Fans got robbed of what could have been an awesome OT game.

Tomcats needed to score that TD at the end of the half. That was a huge stop by Springfield.

Missed extra point by Cats. Special teams are so important in big games.

The hook-n-ladder was a terrific play call on 4th and 10. What can you do? They called a great play, executed it to perfection.

The game winning TD by Springfield. One-on-one in the corner and the QB made an absolute perfect throw. Again, what can you do? Great play, great execution.

Didn't like the taunting call on final drive, the kid just jumped up with a lot of emotion. Let em play ref, don't make yourself part of the game. Same ref that threw the flag on the 2 pt try, btw. That was a HUGE penalty. Cats, IMO, score if they weren't backed up 15 on that drive. Ended at the Springfield 21 I believe.

Bottom line, great game, unfortunately someone had to lose and someone had to win.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Good analysis and couldn’t agree more, shame to see it end that way, and truly believed Cats were the better team just few things went against them and missed their opportunities- while Springfield didn’t.

Olderbird
Waterboy

Post by Olderbird »

Great game to watch. Love watching two polar opposite slug it out. Had the feel of a regional final not semi final.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

Typical Trimble fashion yet again... blame the refs... shake my flipping head

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Olderbird wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:00 am Great game to watch. Love watching two polar opposite slug it out. Had the feel of a regional final not semi final.
That is the disappointing part.

SHOULD HAVE never driven TWO hours for a week 12 game.

This region was total B.S. from the beginning.

Every division is drawn up into 4 corners, SW, SE/C, NW, NE ... except D6 ... They screwed Fort Frye, NY, Trimble, Belpre clear back in the summer.

If you want to take it a step further, Trimble should be playing Waterford tonight in the D7 regional semi's. They should have never been D6 to begin with ... This one is a little understandable, competitive balance screwed the little guy when it comes to the 2019 Cats, I get it. The first, the D6 regional alignment is not understandable. It was total crap by the OHSAA!

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

buckeyes05 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 am Typical Trimble fashion yet again... blame the refs... shake my flipping head
Not sure what you’re referring to? McComb last year nobody blamed the officials, Marion Local? Norwalk St Paul? Better teams- nobody blamed the officials. Nobody’s blaming them for last night, just stating facts. There are two calls that were inexplicable, and if you don’t agree then you weren’t there. OR, you’re a Buckeye fan that’s been on the couch for 2 weeks getting ready for basketball and have nothing better to do lol.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

That is the disappointing part.

Every division is drawn up into 4 corners, SW, SE/C, NW, NE ... except D6 ... They screwed Fort Frye, NY, Trimble, Belpre clear back in the summer.

If you want to take it a step further, Trimble should be playing Waterford tonight in the D7 regional semi's. They should have never been D6 to begin with ... This one is a little understandable, competitive balance screwed the little guy when it comes to the 2019 Cats, I get it. The first, the D6 regional alignment is not understandable. It was total crap by the OHSAA!
[/quote]

If the cats didn't have that competitive balance would they even been there last night?
I have always heard some of their best players live in Morgan county.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

:lol:
buckeyes05 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 am Typical Trimble fashion yet again... blame the refs... shake my flipping head
Has to be a NY fan.You should be glad you were home and not in the playoffs you would have had a running clock such a blow hard .

:roll: cats :roll:
SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

footballfan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:40 am That is the disappointing part.

If the cats didn't have that competitive balance would they even been there last night?
I have always heard some of their best players live in Morgan county.
[/quote]

They’re not even legitimate CB kids. They live <5 miles from Trimble, been there since pre-K, and their “home school” is about an hour away. If that wasn’t a county school it wouldn’t matter. Just a shitty rule made for city schools and private schools that punishes the rural communities.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

SportsFan101 and 93Bulldog explained it all in nut shell,if you don’t understand football then thats why you just don’t understand their explanation,if you do then you’re a Tomcat hater just that simple.

:roll: cats :roll:
footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

They’re not even legitimate CB kids. They live <5 miles from Trimble, been there since pre-K, and their “home school” is about an hour away. If that wasn’t a county school it wouldn’t matter. Just a shitty rule made for city schools and private schools that punishes the rural communities.
[/quote]

So you don't think there are other kids in the same position around the state. Plus if there wasn't competitive balance with private schools you would have been 6 anyway. There are a lot of catholic schools that get bumped up to 6 because of competitive balance. Rules are rules and numbers are plain numbers.
Plus Prep/Shadyside, and Newark Catholic are no joke in Div. 7 anyways.
It was a great game last night. The ball just didn't bounce the Cats way in the end. Great season. Only giving up 39 points in 12 games is unreal. Great career by some of the cats.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

No I surely think there are plenty of kids and schools who are negatively affected by the CB, there just needs to be a tweak to the system when this situation is noticed. It’s made for transfers to private schools and transfers to public schools, open enrollment (when consistent since 7th grade at least) should reduce the tier to a 1:1 ratio. No reason it shouldn’t be that way. It was a great game and Springfield is a great team. No way Shadyside or NC beats Trimble this year, seen them both play. And Prep not a chance either. Don’t want to keep dwelling on the unchangeables. Some great kids just played their last games!

mainetime
Waterboy

Post by mainetime »

Those kids you’re referring to live in Bishopville lol. Anyone that knows the area knows that’s tomcat territory. Driving to Morgan county HS out 78 everyday would be insane (and dangerous). They live closer to trimble HS than the Jacksonville folk.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Yep you’re right. The only reason it’s not Trimble District is because it’s a dang county school. I’m sure there will be a day that Bishopville is annexed into the district or there’s a tweak to the CB system, just unfortunately that time isnt here yet. Combine that with the most ridiculous regional alignment in the history of high school sports and you get a loaded region.

mainetime
Waterboy

Post by mainetime »

Great game by the Tomcats. Great careers by the seniors. This one hurts. Not scoring at the half was huge. Anxious to watch the muddle huddle play on 15 again. Not an expert here but even the length of time it took the refs to make the call makes you think about it again. No ones blaming them for the loss but you always question the what-if’s in a loss like that.

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

SportsFan101 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:24 am No I surely think there are plenty of kids and schools who are negatively affected by the CB, there just needs to be a tweak to the system when this situation is noticed. It’s made for transfers to private schools and transfers to public schools, open enrollment (when consistent since 7th grade at least) should reduce the tier to a 1:1 ratio. No reason it shouldn’t be that way. It was a great game and Springfield is a great team. No way Shadyside or NC beats Trimble this year, seen them both play. And Prep not a chance either. Don’t want to keep dwelling on the unchangeables. Some great kids just played their last games!
Hated to see Trimble go down . Great team thought whoever got out of 21 was going to championship game but numbers are the number whether the biggest d7 school or smallest d6 you have to have rules but wish that ff and Trimble had moved on you don’t get teams like this very often

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

buckeyes05 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:51 am I’ll be that guy.... every year when Trimble loses its because of someone else... bull crap!! You got beat by a team that scored more points than you!!! Get over it and get the basketballs out
Well this is for sure the pot calling the kettle black. Are you for real. What you just said is every year year after year and you can back it up on all the football forums is that is ALL Nelsonville ever does is bitch and complain about getting beat. The refs did this the coach did this player did this. Get over your self you guys are bu far the worse fans I have ever seen when it comes to wins and loses

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast

Return to “Football”