Newark catholic 35 Eastern Meigs 7 2019 Playoffs

Fort Knox
Waterboy

Re: WK 11: Reedsville Eastern (8-2) @ Newark Catholic (7-3)

Post by Fort Knox »

Why would you get on here and run a team down for making the playoffs they are a small school not a recruit school that should have there own division anyways not one public school are allowed to recruit period. They should be favored to win they get pick there players

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Fort Knox wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:41 am Why would you get on here and run a team down for making the playoffs they are a small school not a recruit school that should have there own division anyways not one public school are allowed to recruit period. They should be favored to win they get pick there players
I don’t see anyone running the Eagles down. Newark Catholic is a well-coached, well-prepared team that won a Licking County League title. For Eastern, NC is the second best team they’ll have played all year. For NC, Eastern is probably the eighth best team they’ll have played to date. No disrespect in that statement; straight facts. But it doesn’t matter, only thing that matters is if Eastern can stop the pass, win the turnover battle and the time of possession.

As for recruiting... their competitive balance number is lower than Shadyside’s, and one higher than Waterford’s. How does that make you feel?

gils
JV Team

Post by gils »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:15 am
Fort Knox wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:41 am Why would you get on here and run a team down for making the playoffs they are a small school not a recruit school that should have there own division anyways not one public school are allowed to recruit period. They should be favored to win they get pick there players
I don’t see anyone running the Eagles down. Newark Catholic is a well-coached, well-prepared team that won a Licking County League title. For Eastern, NC is the second best team they’ll have played all year. For NC, Eastern is probably the eighth best team they’ll have played to date. No disrespect in that statement; straight facts. But it doesn’t matter, only thing that matters is if Eastern can stop the pass, win the turnover battle and the time of possession.

As for recruiting... their competitive balance number is lower than Shadyside’s, and one higher than Waterford’s. How does that make you feel?
Thanks formerfcfan; Newark Catholic's record from their losses are a combined (25-5) all three teams that they lost to are in the playoffs (Columbus Academy, Paint Valley, and Licking Valley) in those games they gave up the big play at key times . I thought this team could win 7 or more games this year because of the coaching that came aboard in the off season (Offensive coordinator former head coach Brian Cross) and the kids that were coming up in the system,( they play several freshman) also the lack of injuries that hampered them the last two seasons. Coach Aiello is starting to build something special there like it was in the past. I hope this game is a lot like the game in 2000 when I was on the staff that went down to Eastern( the current AD Tom Pickering was the starting middle linebacker) and beat Eastern and went to the state-semifinal only to lose to Mogadore. Good luck to both teams.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

gils wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:45 am

Thanks formerfcfan; Newark Catholic's record from their losses are a combined (25-5) all three teams that they lost to are in the playoffs (Columbus Academy, Paint Valley, and Licking Valley) in those games they gave up the big play at key times . I thought this team could win 7 or more games this year because of the coaching that came aboard in the off season (Offensive coordinator former head coach Brian Cross) and the kids that were coming up in the system,( they play several freshman) also the lack of injuries that hampered them the last two seasons. Coach Aiello is starting to build something special there like it was in the past. I hope this game is a lot like the game in 2000 when I was on the staff that went down to Eastern( the current AD Tom Pickering was the starting middle linebacker) and beat Eastern and went to the state-semifinal only to lose to Mogadore. Good luck to both teams.
Good offensive mind & pickup with Brian Cross. He had some good playoff teams as head coach at Grove City in the late 90's early 2000's. They destroyed a Ben Roethlisberger led Findlay team in the playoffs at Troy. If i'm not mistaken he then went to Canton McKinley as HC and then came back to central ohio a couple years later ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:06 pm
gils wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:45 am

Good offensive mind & pickup with Brian Cross. He had some good playoff teams as head coach at Grove City in the late 90's early 2000's. They destroyed a Ben Roethlisberger led Findlay team in the playoffs at Troy. If i'm not mistaken he then went to Canton McKinley as HC and then came back to central ohio a couple years later ?
Yup. Olentangy Orange and then Bishop Ready from 2015-2018.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

You’re welcome, gils. Good luck to the Wave on Saturday.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

NC should win but the game is played on the field not online.

Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:39 am
Carzycurt wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:54 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:38 pm Next week they should know what Southern felt like after the game this evening. Enough said. :o
What ??? LOL !!! What’s wrong with you???
Nothing at all. The script will be flipped this week for the Eagles and it'll be a long bus ride home. The Green Wave by many @ White field in this one.
Why would you not be proud of any area team making the playoffs?? They are 15-18 yr old kids of our communities!! Good luck Eastern, Trimble, Waterford, Wellston!!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Here we go. The objective posters square off with the subjective, emotional posters where they are immediately offended if 1) there are no trigger warnings, or 2) that if every poster doesn't immediately pour praise over the accomplishments of little jimmy or jane.

Give me a friggin' break. That is not what this message board is about. If you think it is, you just need to stay off of here, period. Nothing that FOS, or FormerFCfan, or myself has said has been disparaging or derogatory towards any team or player. The comments have been objective (OH, GEE, I guess an adult comment), and not meant to demean anyone. No one is insulting any 15-18 year old "kids". Good grief.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

Steely Dan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:54 pm Here we go. The objective posters square off with the subjective, emotional posters where they are immediately offended if 1) there are no trigger warnings, or 2) that if every poster doesn't immediately pour praise over the accomplishments of little jimmy or jane.

Give me a friggin' break. That is not what this message board is about. If you think it is, you just need to stay off of here, period. Nothing that FOS, or FormerFCfan, or myself has said has been disparaging or derogatory towards any team or player. The comments have been objective (OH, GEE, I guess an adult comment), and not meant to demean anyone. No one is insulting any 15-18 year old "kids". Good grief.
😂😂😂

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Good Luck to Eastern.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Carzycurt wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:37 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:39 am
Carzycurt wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:54 pm

What ??? LOL !!! What’s wrong with you???
Nothing at all. The script will be flipped this week for the Eagles and it'll be a long bus ride home. The Green Wave by many @ White field in this one.
Why would you not be proud of any area team making the playoffs?? They are 15-18 yr old kids of our communities!! Good luck Eastern, Trimble, Waterford, Wellston!!!!
I'm not a fan of any oy these schools. But they are in the TVC and I say good luck to them all.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

NC probably wins this game but I hope eastern wins

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:38 pm Next week they should know what Southern felt like after the game this evening. Enough said. :o
Yes, the only thing they gained by running it up on a depleted Racine team was a good beating coming up and one less week of basketball practice. It will show when the real sports season starts in a few weeks.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Running it up!!on Southern. Lol.The JV were taking a knee.Just like Belpre.NC will be a good game for Eastern,just to see how far along they have come this year.Have not been tested since Waterford.From half of Waterford things have progressed nicely.Looking forward to what the challenge brings.

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

oldmo31 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:48 am Running it up!!on Southern. Lol.The JV were taking a knee.Just like Belpre.NC will be a good game for Eastern,just to see how far along they have come this year.Have not been tested since Waterford.From half of Waterford things have progressed nicely.Looking forward to what the challenge brings.
Good luck to you, you'll need it. But look at the bright side. If you do suffer a beat down as is predicted at least you've only lost one week of basketball season to us. :mrgreen:

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Everyone makes the tourney in basketball.Besides they play basketball year round,it’s the never ending game.😉

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

What is the all time series record between these two?

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

I only could find one game. 2000 Eastern hosted the game. NC won 34-12.

gils
JV Team

Post by gils »

Newark Catholic and Reedsville Eastern played only one time in a Regional Quarter final played at Eastern. Newark Catholic won 34-12.

Return to “Football”