Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Division V Final Four

Post by Poo Bear »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:26 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:02 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 am Rodgewoods QB is the real deal. He hit receivers in full stride with perfect passes. Ironton will be tested next week in their defensive backfield. They better play the best game of the year and never lose sight of #6. That kid catches anything thrown his way.
Ironton is the real deal too
Never said they weren't. But this Wood team reminds of Wheelersburg 2017 state title team. The have multiple scoring threats, they score very quickly and often, and the defense is very stout.
I doubt they’re that good

I believe what your saying but that pirate team was different

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:58 am

Never said they weren't. But this Wood team reminds of Wheelersburg 2017 state title team. The have multiple scoring threats, they score very quickly and often, and the defense is very stout.

They are that good. They remind me more of cold water when burg played them in state semifinals a couple of years back. Ironton can move the ball on them but the opportunities will be slim. The QB is d1 material right now. They’ve got some nastiness to them. Will be a great game. If Ironton plays flawless, they can win this because they have a great defense.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

If ironton can control the ball without fumbling I think they hold ridgewood under 30 and get the win. Lowest scoring game this year for ridgewood was 31-vs- Indian valley. I have seen Indian valley on film a few times they do have good defense but not like the tigers I’m saying 31-28 ironton if they clean up this past weeks non sense. If not I say the lose 42-28

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Either way I’ll be there rooting for the tigers

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Defensively Ridgewood is no where close to Wheelersburg’s state team. That defense was unreal they’re the reason they won the State. I think that offensively they somewhat mirror each other. Wheelersburg’s athletes were probably a little better but I’ll give Ridgewood the nod at QB that kid is special and only a Sophomore.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

bleed_blue wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:26 am

Defensively Ridgewood is no where close to Wheelersburg’s state team. That defense was unreal they’re the reason they won the State. I think that offensively they somewhat mirror each other. Wheelersburg’s athletes were probably a little better but I’ll give Ridgewood the nod at QB that kid is special and only a Sophomore.
Sounds more believable , thanks

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:02 am

They average giving up about 14 points a game. With that offense, that’s plenty. To say they have no defense, would be a vast oversight.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:18 pm

They average giving up about 14 points a game. With that offense, that’s plenty. To say they have no defense, would be a vast oversight.
Woby Wheelersburg 2017 had best defense ive seen

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:31 pm

I’m not discrediting what you’re saying. What I’m saying is this defense isn’t a slouch by any stretch of the imagination.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:41 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:31 pm

I’m not discrediting what you’re saying. What I’m saying is this defense isn’t a slouch by any stretch of the imagination.
Fair enough Woby

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:33 am

They are that good. They remind me more of cold water when burg played them in state semifinals a couple of years back. Ironton can move the ball on them but the opportunities will be slim. The QB is d1 material right now. They’ve got some nastiness to them. Will be a great game. If Ironton plays flawless, they can win this because they have a great defense.
Bingo woby
I thought the same thing on the way home last night. Skill athletes are really good, they’re fundamentally sound and coaching staff puts them in good situations.
They are THAT good

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

trojandave wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:31 am Hard to pick a Final 4, but there are several former state champions that could make it. Ironton, Kirtland, and Orrville have previously won titles, while Oak Harbor is 10-0. Blanchester has the distinction of having the worst record of the D5 qualifiers, with a 6-4 record and an 8th seed in Region 20. I think that Ironton has to be the favorite to win Region 19, and the Fighting Tigers could be playing in week 15 for a state title. I didn't see any weaknesses in the IHS team I saw last night vs. an 8-2 Portsmouth playoff team.
Seeing how old this post is I’d hope you’d change your mind about the weakness part.
Last edited by Raycharles on Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:35 am Just watched the highlights of Kirtland vs sandy valley. Kirtland is very good but sandy Valley had 3 turnovers on the road against a good team that will get ya
Sandy Valley stinks most overrated football team in the IVC

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:44 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:35 am Just watched the highlights of Kirtland vs sandy valley. Kirtland is very good but sandy Valley had 3 turnovers on the road against a good team that will get ya
They were playing good with Kirtland they just had 3 turnover and they lost by 2 tds

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:46 pm
They were playing good with Kirtland they just had 3 turnover and they lost by 2 tds
3 turnovers in a game isn’t good? Have you seen Kirtland play this year?? If not get on YouTube and watch their highlights in my opinion they are no where near being world beaters. That just my take. I know what Sandy Valley has we scrimmaged them this year not impressive at all granted it was a scrimmage but in general it’s Sandy Valley they’re always hyped up. But I understand your take it’s Kirtland. Kirtland is always Kirtland no denying that.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:54 pm
3 turnovers in a game isn’t good? Have you seen Kirtland play this year?? If not get on YouTube and watch their highlights in my opinion they are no where near being world beaters. That just my take. I know what Sandy Valley has we scrimmaged them this year not impressive at all granted it was a scrimmage but in general it’s Sandy Valley they’re always hyped up. But I understand your take it’s Kirtland. Kirtland is always Kirtland no denying that.
I have watched them play they don’t beat themselves. Number 1 is really good though number 28 is fast but I feel like whoever wins this ironton ridgewood game wins the title. Hornet stat crew I think is who I follow on YouTube and watch the Kirtland highlights there def a two man show in my opinion #1 is very good though on offense and defense

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:10 pm
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:54 pm

I have watched them play they don’t beat themselves. Number 1 is really good though number 28 is fast but I feel like whoever wins this ironton ridgewood game wins the title. Hornet stat crew I think is who I follow on YouTube and watch the Kirtland highlights there def a two man show in my opinion #1 is very good though on offense and defense
Your right they never do too they’re coached well and that shows. I don’t think they’ve been tested. Very weak conference and that region in my opinion isn’t very tough either. I think it’ll be orrville and them in state semis. But you also can’t argue a time in a state semis isn’t a good team lol. I just don’t think they’re the same old world beaters Kirtland this year.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah And they moved up to D5 this year

orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

Kirtland folks were saying Blair was the best QB they seen in a long while. Tingle>>>>Blair IMO. Tingle is on a different level.

Return to “Football”