WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

bevo
Varsity

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by bevo »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:04 pm He walked on man trust me
He started I watched him play on TV and in person trust me

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

He still walked on????

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

So if your Naming me all these players from the early 2000s why does ironton beat gallia now??? Only 1 division 1 player since Marcus Williams who walked on also

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Look this is pointless, you are proving my point, lol
I graduated from Gallipolis in 1970, I go And have gone to almost every game since then. I also played against a State Championship Game Ironton team, trust me there is a huge talent gap!!
Last edited by bevo on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:08 pm He still walked on????
You are stupid!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

bevo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:11 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:08 pm He still walked on????
You are stupid!
So you saying golden walked on is cool but if I say it I’m stupid lmao oh well.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:10 pm So if your Naming me all these players from the early 2000s why does ironton beat gallia now??? Only 1 division 1 player since Marcus Williams who walked on also
Their Middle Linebacker is an Ohio State commit ans a top 10 MLB recruit nationally. Lol

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah and you guys have a player being recruited by a lot of schools too so he’s not d1 right??

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Armstrong is being recruited by a lot of division 1 schools but he doesn’t count right

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

James Armstrong Gallipolis 5’ 9” 165lbs is being recruited by Div 1 schools? Proof please
Last edited by bevo on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Go to any major recruiting site, they list every kid who has received a Div 1 offer, no James Armstrong listed.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good season A lot of players returning next season for GA !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

bevo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:54 am Wow, hate to say told ya so!! Another team that had no business in the playoffs, beating Div 5 and 6 schools in league. The AD needs to go look for div 3 and 4 playoff caliber teams to schedule, that way we can find out if we are playoff caliber. Right our league is like a high school senior going down to jr high beating up on 14 yr olds and strutting. Were 2 times bigger than a lot of the teams we play in league. Also Pt Pleasant is not a lot bigger school than Gallipolis. Lol Ga averages 145 students per class Pt Pleasant averages 180.
I have had 3 kids graduate in last 5 years none of them had a graduating class of over 130. My daughter’s class barely had 110

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ok let’s talk offense and all this talent Gallia has and the game plan and all this crap.

Just because you have speed does not mean you have football talent. You cannot do what your kids are capable of doing. I am not going to mention players by name because I am not calling out kids. But if you go back and look at certain things on game film and I am sure you will see it last night. When Gallia academy runs what you guys are calling the jet sweep look at the blocking. Almost every time they run that play and every play they run in there running game is a read play. Or the use pin and pull blocking I know at least two of those plays if you look the tackle and receivers are all blocking toward the outside the back is to read the defensive line be or linebacker almost every time the read was to turn ball up inside the tackle but that talent that you suggest we have does not follow there keys.

We have another person with all kinds of talent that can’t catch a cold so we have to hand it off to him and that negates much of his speed.

We can’t play option football because of certain problems. At best we have taken are base offense. And adapted it as best as possible. Yes you may be able to be more flamboyant but in most cases if you can’t block those 4 or 5 plays you can’t block all the things you can run off of them.

As far as physical teams go. Being big and being strong is not the same thing. There is also a big difference between 15 year old being 250 and strong and a 18 year old strong at same size.

The Gallia program is getting better. And as Gallia fans that is what we all want. We have all kinds of speed. And some great athletes. But we also have a lot of holes.

I think there were a few kids on this years team that didn’t understand how hard last years team worked over 4 years. I don’t think they continued to improve as season went on. This will put a bad taste in there mouth they will come back better next year.

Will they get blown out again in the playoffs maybe.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

svac83 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 pm Ok let’s talk offense and all this talent Gallia has and the game plan and all this crap.

Just because you have speed does not mean you have football talent. You cannot do what your kids are capable of doing. I am not going to mention players by name because I am not calling out kids. But if you go back and look at certain things on game film and I am sure you will see it last night. When Gallia academy runs what you guys are calling the jet sweep look at the blocking. Almost every time they run that play and every play they run in there running game is a read play. Or the use pin and pull blocking I know at least two of those plays if you look the tackle and receivers are all blocking toward the outside the back is to read the defensive line be or linebacker almost every time the read was to turn ball up inside the tackle but that talent that you suggest we have does not follow there keys.

We have another person with all kinds of talent that can’t catch a cold so we have to hand it off to him and that negates much of his speed.

We can’t play option football because of certain problems. At best we have taken are base offense. And adapted it as best as possible. Yes you may be able to be more flamboyant but in most cases if you can’t block those 4 or 5 plays you can’t block all the things you can run off of them.

As far as physical teams go. Being big and being strong is not the same thing. There is also a big difference between 15 year old being 250 and strong and a 18 year old strong at same size.

The Gallia program is getting better. And as Gallia fans that is what we all want. We have all kinds of speed. And some great athletes. But we also have a lot of holes.

I think there were a few kids on this years team that didn’t understand how hard last years team worked over 4 years. I don’t think they continued to improve as season went on. This will put a bad taste in there mouth they will come back better next year.

Will they get blown out again in the playoffs maybe.
Problem is you have to adjust to what you have, if as you say they're not reading the blocks right because it's more of a zone type read then don't call that play. Being big and strong works when you use it within your offense, it's like the pass happy teams in college they have good pass blocking tackles that are huge, but when it comes to run blocking they simply can't blow anyone off the ball. You run the ball you want your line to reestablish the LOS against the defense not stand up and stank still locked up where the snapped the ball.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I am trying to say this lack of innovation is us working with what we have to work with. The problem is we have a lot of pieces to the puzzle but we can’t complete it because we are missing pieces.

We have a Line with a certain set of skills that don’t Mach those of our QB. We have weapons whose skills that do not match our QB.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

THis team last need up being about where I bought this team would be. The lack of competition lead me to believe I was further along.

But to be honest with you I may be one of the few but I don’t care if we get blown out every year in first round of playoffs.

Because we are molding kids into fine young men and adults. Giving them a good base for the future. We have had a lot of teams that had success on the field that we did not install things to make them successful later in life.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Best of luck waverly. Hope you go far.

Blue devils take a little break and then begin to do the things to make you better next year.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Bevo ? 1970 ? IT WAS 1974 MAy be wrong ?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Just as a side note next year week 2 replacing river valley. Gallia academy has scheduled western brown.

Return to “Football”