More TVC Discussion

coachK
JV Team

Re: Bump River Valley down to the Hocking?

Post by coachK »

Dundas wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:59 am
Happy McGavin wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:13 am
Dundas wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:08 am

Nelsonville York and Vinton County both play Trimble next season. I’d like to see the Tomcats in the Ohio Division now that their football facility has been updated.
What's the facility have to do with anything? Football is football no matter where it's played. Stupid statement
Definitely not a stupid statement. Media setting in the bleachers, one side seating, 200 seats for fans, no bathrooms, I could go on and on. So as a fan/media, yea, it’s definitely not a stupid statement.
Locker rooms, and rest rooms would be great. It’s a long walk to school for half time, for the visiting team, or get under a circus tent with no heat or a/c

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Barber1973 »

NY numbers in lower grades down also as is numbers everywhere. Middle school numbers way down at NY. Biddy ball also. NY and trimble numbers will b close in size for years to come

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Nice we can start beating ny in the playoff also

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

dilligaf wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:44 pm Nice we can start beating ny in the playoff also
Should make for an even more heated rivalry once the new league gets going

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Old Buckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by Old Buckeye »

mattash wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:08 am TVC really needs 3 divisions of 6 if your going to shuffle around.

TVC-A
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Marietta
Meigs
Wellston

TVC-B
NY
Alexander
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre
River Valley

TVC-C
South Gallia
Eastern
Southern
Waterford
Miller if they would come back
Federal Hocking

This would be perfect except every time a larger school petitions to get in, Athens throws a fit. My other thoughts if we were to stay at two divisions, drop N-Y to the Hocking add Crooksville and Fort Frye as well then bring in Warren & Marietta to the Ohio.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NY deserves and should stay in the Ohio in football. In every other sport they need to drop to the Hocking.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I agree move River Valley--Not sure if the Trimble to the Ohio would work--I would like to see either Logan or Gallipolis be added or both to the Ohio.

Pic A Way
Waterboy

Post by Pic A Way »

I just think it's a very simple solution. RV moves down and the Ohio picks up Warren and maybe Fort Frye

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Old Buckeye wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:55 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:08 am TVC really needs 3 divisions of 6 if your going to shuffle around.

TVC-A
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Marietta
Meigs
Wellston

TVC-B
NY
Alexander
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre
River Valley

TVC-C
South Gallia
Eastern
Southern
Waterford
Federal Hocking

This would be perfect except every time a larger school petitions to get in, Athens throws a fit. My other thoughts if we were to stay at two divisions, drop N-Y to the Hocking add Crooksville and Fort Frye as well then bring in Warren & Marietta to the Ohio.
That is a lie.
Athens & NY were the only 2 to vote yes on Warren last time they petitioned.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:07 pm

TVC-A
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Marietta
Meigs
Wellston

TVC-B
NY
Alexander
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre
River Valley

TVC-C
South Gallia
Eastern
Southern
Waterford
Federal Hocking

That is a lie.
Athens voted yes to Warren, they voted yes to Jackson, and they would have voted yes to Logan if a vote was taken.
Athens hasn't no voted a single school

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
GOBLUE2005
Riding the Bench

Post by GOBLUE2005 »

I do not know much about the TVC. Does the TVC place cross over games in football i.e team from the hocking plays a team from the ohio ect.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

GOBLUE2005 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:31 am I do not know much about the TVC. Does the TVC place cross over games in football i.e team from the hocking plays a team from the ohio ect.
No ... if they play it’s considered out of conference...
it’s basically two separate leagues!

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:07 pm

TVC-A
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Marietta
Meigs
Wellston

TVC-B
NY
Alexander
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre
River Valley

TVC-C
South Gallia
Eastern
Southern
Waterford
Federal Hocking

That is a lie.
A few times only Nelsonville, Southern and South Gallia voted for any teams to come into the TVC. To tell you the truth they kept bringing it up so many times, even after expansion had been voted down time after time, that I lost track of how the votes went but I don't remember Athens ever voting yes. I do remember the Athens representative asking what the rest of the Ohio Division thought, since "Athens doesn't mind playing them but we don't want to force the other schools to play them if that's not something they want to do."

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

TVC-A
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Marietta
Meigs
Wellston

TVC-B
NY
Alexander
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre
River Valley

TVC-C
South Gallia
Eastern
Southern
Waterford
Federal Hocking
I have been pushing a 3 division lineup with 6 teams for 10+ years. No reason not to do it. This lineup is about as perfect as it can be. You can always play crossover games within the conference but I would not count them in the conference standings in any sport, boys or girls.

You are always going to have some sort of difference in school size within a division from largest to smallest but that can't be avoided.

As for Athens voting against anybody since they have been in the TVC is a bold face lie. They vote yes for every school, big or small. Now, Vinton is a different story as they rally the smaller schools, who will never play a Warren, Marietta etc, to vote against the larger school seeking admission. To get in the TVC you have to have a vote of 75% yes, of ALL schools, to get in.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

Mister Bee wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:12 am

TVC-A
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Marietta
Meigs
Wellston

TVC-B
NY
Alexander
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre
River Valley

TVC-C
South Gallia
Eastern
Southern
Waterford
Federal Hocking
I have been pushing a 3 division lineup with 6 teams for 10+ years. No reason not to do it. This lineup is about as perfect as it can be. You can always play crossover games within the conference but I would not count them in the conference standings in any sport, boys or girls.

You are always going to have some sort of difference in school size within a division from largest to smallest but that can't be avoided.

As for Athens voting against anybody since they have been in the TVC is a bold face lie. They vote yes for every school, big or small. Now, Vinton is a different story as they rally the smaller schools, who will never play a Warren, Marietta etc, to vote against the larger school seeking admission. To get in the TVC you have to have a vote of 75% yes, of ALL schools, to get in.
I'm not saying Athens voting "no" was a bad thing, but to say they didn't would be inaccurate. I was in several meetings when they did vote "no." I haven't been in those meetings for a while so since I was there they may have voted yes if it has been brought up to a vote. The negative to splitting to three divisions is the number of teams making the football playoffs. The Hocking has three teams in this year, and routinely do. I believe every year since they've had nine teams at least two teams have made the post season and many years there have been three. Before that there were a lot of years that no teams from the Hocking made the playoffs. As for the other sports, it's probably a good idea to split, but not for football in my opinion.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Both Athens and NY have voted Yes for every expansion vote that has been held the past several years. The Messenger always reports the official vote total when they talk about a vote in an article after the vote takes place. NY and Athens have voted Yes for every school that had an official vote.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:35 pm Both Athens and NY have voted Yes for every expansion vote that has been held the past several years. The Messenger always reports the official vote total when they talk about a vote in an article after the vote takes place. NY and Athens have voted Yes for every school that had an official vote.

I don’t know what you consider “the past several years” but prior to 2014 Athens voted “no” on league expansion on more than one occasion. I was in the room when the votes took place and I can say no one from the Athens Messenger or any other media outlet was present. Since then I wasn’t there so I can’t speak about those votes if any took place.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Attack wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:21 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:35 pm Both Athens and NY have voted Yes for every expansion vote that has been held the past several years. The Messenger always reports the official vote total when they talk about a vote in an article after the vote takes place. NY and Athens have voted Yes for every school that had an official vote.

I don’t know what you consider “the past several years” but prior to 2014 Athens voted “no” on league expansion on more than one occasion. I was in the room when the votes took place and I can say no one from the Athens Messenger or any other media outlet was present. Since then I wasn’t there so I can’t speak about those votes if any took place.
Who applied before 2014?

If you are referring to River Valley, then you are probably correct. Athens did not want RV in the Ohio.

But its just been recently that the bigger schools, Warren/Marietta, petitioned and both Athens and NY voted yes.

I can try and find the story by the Messenger, it wasn't that long ago.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Attack wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:21 pm I don’t know what you consider “the past several years” but prior to 2014 Athens voted “no” on league expansion on more than one occasion. I was in the room when the votes took place and I can say no one from the Athens Messenger or any other media outlet was present. Since then I wasn’t there so I can’t speak about those votes if any took place.
Athens voted yes on River Valley in 2010. Athens voted yes on making the TVC three divisions in 2014. Wellston, Belpre, Alexander, Trimble, Miller and Federal Hocking all voted against three divisions. I’m sure Athens voted no when the SEOAL applied to the TVC because of the small schools.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:37 pm
Attack wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Who applied before 2014?

If you are referring to River Valley, then you are probably correct. Athens did not want RV in the Ohio.

But its just been recently that the bigger schools, Warren/Marietta, petitioned and both Athens and NY voted yes.

I can try and find the story by the Messenger, it wasn't that long ago.
Gallia Academy, Jackson, Logan and Warren all applied both as a group and as individuals at least once prior to July 2014. There was also at least one vote on whether or not to expand the league.

Return to “Football”