More TVC Discussion

NY BUCK
All State

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by NY BUCK »

I personally think NY will be better this year. Lost 6 seniors. Return a ton. Get a good reset at the QB position.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:59 pm I personally think NY will be better this year. Lost 6 seniors. Return a ton. Get a good reset at the QB position.
A good reset? lol hard to replace a 3 year starter with 2 years at the qb position and just finished with nearly 1,700 yards and the most td's thrown in the regular season in school history :lol: the front runner is a kid who played qb at the jv level but never played qb before, was always a tailback. I think he'll do fine because he's a tremendously smart kid and knows the game but his armstrength is nowhere near what Seel's was. the Tailback position is probably split between phillips, who is also probably the best receiving threat, and the freshman that got hurt last year. And there is another kid that will be a freshman next year that might contribute but honestly not sure what the offense will look like. It may be a legit reset, but those kids love buckeye football and know how to win and I always have faith in the coaching staff to put the best players in positions that will help win them ball games.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:59 pm I personally think NY will be better this year. Lost 6 seniors. Return a ton. Get a good reset at the QB position.
They will be bad. Rusty should have recruited Lackey and Wiser over the hill

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

OSU22 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:31 pm
A good reset? lol hard to replace a 3 year starter with 2 years at the qb position and just finished with nearly 1,700 yards and the most td's thrown in the regular season in school history :lol: the front runner is a kid who played qb at the jv level but never played qb before, was always a tailback. I think he'll do fine because he's a tremendously smart kid and knows the game but his armstrength is nowhere near what Seel's was. the Tailback position is probably split between phillips, who is also probably the best receiving threat, and the freshman that got hurt last year. And there is another kid that will be a freshman next year that might contribute but honestly not sure what the offense will look like. It may be a legit reset, but those kids love buckeye football and know how to win and I always have faith in the coaching staff to put the best players in positions that will help win them ball games.
Not saying nothing about Mikey. He had a good season. I was just assuming that the freshman would probably start, because I think the other are to valuable at others position. Saying good reset meaning he will have a lot of time to develop. I think with Phillips and the Inman boy in the backfield with Snyder at FB could be more of a power like we saw at the end of the season? But like you said I’m not sure either. I think we will be just as good though if not better.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:33 pm
Agree to disagree sir

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:48 pm
Not saying nothing about Mikey. He had a good season. I was just assuming that the freshman would probably start, because I think the other are to valuable at others position. Saying good reset meaning he will have a lot of time to develop. I think with Phillips and the Inman boy in the backfield with Snyder at FB could be more of a power like we saw at the end of the season? But like you said I’m not sure either. I think we will be just as good though if not better.
I understand, and I agree with you on the Phillips and inman kids with Snyder at fb. I don't however see the current freshman Williams kid playing QB. He played it in 8th grade but it was because he was bigger and faster than anyone else in the league. He does have a decent arm, but no footwork, no awareness, nothing really a sophomore qb should have. No knock on him whatsoever, I think he's a very good athlete, he just never had the opportunity to play qb growing up and it shows so he is too far behind to be a varsity qb as a sophomore. He was a lineman from 2nd grade through 7th grade. The youngest Williams kid, his little bro, who is an 8th grader and will be a freshman next year MAY have a chance at qb but he may need a year of JV to truly be ready for friday nights. I think the freshman Williams will play H-back/tight end, maybe even a little fullback. But he had a great year playing DE as a Freshman and I know coach Richards doesn't like using underclassman on both sides of the ball unless he absolutely has to.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:33 pm
The Defense will be pretty darn good next year. Offense will be fine. We just have to put our kids in the right spots to be successful.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

OSU22 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:54 pm

I understand, and I agree with you on the Phillips and inman kids with Snyder at fb. I don't however see the current freshman Williams kid playing QB. He played it in 8th grade but it was because he was bigger and faster than anyone else in the league. He does have a decent arm, but no footwork, no awareness, nothing really a sophomore qb should have. No knock on him whatsoever, I think he's a very good athlete, he just never had the opportunity to play qb growing up and it shows so he is too far behind to be a varsity qb as a sophomore. He was a lineman from 2nd grade through 7th grade. The youngest Williams kid, his little bro, who is an 8th grader and will be a freshman next year MAY have a chance at qb but he may need a year of JV to truly be ready for friday nights. I think the freshman Williams will play H-back/tight end, maybe even a little fullback. But he had a great year playing DE as a Freshman and I know coach Richards doesn't like using underclassman on both sides of the ball unless he absolutely has to.
Yea, the 8th graded was who I was referring to. I have not got to watch him unfortunately but have heard from many people that he is a pretty good QB. Just hard for any coach to put a freshman at QB specially with a huge rival game being his first start. I think the bucks will be fine and the boys will be fired up to get back in the playoffs. I think defensively we will be pretty stout.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY has some nice classes coming up in the younger grades. This years 5th/6th grade team finished as state runner-up in the DIII 12U State Championship Game in Sandusky.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:37 pm
OSU22 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:54 pm

Yea, the 8th graded was who I was referring to. I have not got to watch him unfortunately but have heard from many people that he is a pretty good QB. Just hard for any coach to put a freshman at QB specially with a huge rival game being his first start. I think the bucks will be fine and the boys will be fired up to get back in the playoffs. I think defensively we will be pretty stout.
I agree defensively we should be better!

Return to “Football”