More TVC Discussion

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Dundas »

Marietta has been making a big pitch to the TVC teams over the last couple months. I know they contacted Athens and NY. They also showed up at Vinton County and had a meeting. The next TVC meeting is this month. I’d imagine there will be a vote on Marietta then.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Being in the TVC would give Marietta a boost in their sports program.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Would like to see Marietta get in, and make it even. Would be a nice week 5 game for the bucks, assuming they wouldn’t shuffle the schedule around.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Why Marietta and no on Warren?

Who's closer to the rest of the TVC teams?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Using the maps app on my phone

Distance from Don Drumm
Alexander: 1 Hour 1 Min
Athens: 59 Mins
Meigs: 53 Mins
Nelsonville-York: 1 Hour 6 Mins
River Valley: 1 Hour 21 Mins
Vinton County: 1 Hour 23 Mins
Wellston: 1 Hour 29 Minutes

From Warren
Alexander: 49 Mins
Athens: 43 Mins
Meigs: 41 Mins
Nelsonville-York: 49 Mins
River Valley: 1 Hour 10 Mins
Vinton County: 1 Hour 12 Mins
Wellston: 1 Hour 18 Mins

Personally I think the TVC needs to add one of these two teams or Oak Hill, make it even and move on. I would also be fine if stayed just like it is because I’m not seeing the big issue that everybody else is. The TVC doesn’t have to be the orphanage for all of these schools that are coming from failed conferences.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Reps from Marietta came to visit the principal at Southern. With his pull, I would say they are in. He is hoping to get the tvc back to a point where they can go to three divisions.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Also, I know he isnt in favor but the tvc really needs a league assigner. This would be easier now that all members are from ohio.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

NY BUCK wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:43 pm Using the maps app on my phone

Distance from Don Drumm
Alexander: 1 Hour 1 Min
Athens: 59 Mins
Meigs: 53 Mins
Nelsonville-York: 1 Hour 6 Mins
River Valley: 1 Hour 21 Mins
Vinton County: 1 Hour 23 Mins
Wellston: 1 Hour 29 Minutes

From Warren
Alexander: 49 Mins
Athens: 43 Mins
Meigs: 41 Mins
Nelsonville-York: 49 Mins
River Valley: 1 Hour 10 Mins
Vinton County: 1 Hour 12 Mins
Wellston: 1 Hour 18 Mins

Personally I think the TVC needs to add one of these two teams or Oak Hill, make it even and move on. I would also be fine if stayed just like it is because I’m not seeing the big issue that everybody else is. The TVC doesn’t have to be the orphanage for all of these schools that are coming from failed conferences.
+1

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Keep in mind the Hocking is uneven too with the departure of Miller, Wahama.

The quick, easy solution is to shift RV to the Hocking & be done. If the Ohio is a 6 team league, each coach will have the freedom to schedule up (vs Warren, Marietta, etc ...) or down (Hocking teams perhaps) depending on the strength of his/her program.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Just from my experience and a money perspective, Warren would be the more attractive option on paper. Marietta sporting event gates besides the Warren games are horrible. Not a lot of community support at all. I know that doesn’t make or break anything but it should count for something.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:48 pm Just from my experience and a money perspective, Warren would be the more attractive option on paper. Marietta sporting event gates besides the Warren games are horrible. Not a lot of community support at all. I know that doesn’t make or break anything but it should count for something.
Warren and Marietta need to join the TVC. Marietta hasn’t had a winning season in football since 2002

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I can remember going to Logan/Athens football in the late SEOAL and Athens fans didn't half fill the home side. Now when Burrow was there it probably picked up. Even on here people were saying Athens didn't have a very strong follow. So in saying I think if Marietta can get themselves to where they can put some wins up they would have more people coming out. It was a very poor move for Marietta to join the league they are in now. Warren and Marietta would be a good add to the TVC.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:16 pm
beg003 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:48 pm Just from my experience and a money perspective, Warren would be the more attractive option on paper. Marietta sporting event gates besides the Warren games are horrible. Not a lot of community support at all. I know that doesn’t make or break anything but it should count for something.
Warren and Marietta need to join the TVC. Marietta hasn’t had a winning season in football since 2002
Warren has tried. We made a presentation and gave them the projections for how much money we would bring in and the sense it makes geographically and got voted down so not sure what the problem is. It would be awesome to have a three division TVC with Warren, Marietta, Athens, and VC in the top division. Very even competitively.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens got you the votes and Warren screwed it up

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:04 pm Athens got you the votes and Warren screwed it up
How so? I never heard the details so honest question.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Warren had the votes to get in but would only join with Marietta. Made no sense. SEO needs Warren vs Vinton in basketball

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:41 pm Warren had the votes to get in but would only join with Marietta. Made no sense. SEO needs Warren vs Vinton in basketball
VC and Warren can play twice a year if they want.
The D2 tourney ramifications would be just as big as league implications.
People act like you have to be in a league to play each other.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:41 pm Warren had the votes to get in but would only join with Marietta. Made no sense. SEO needs Warren vs Vinton in basketball
They play in football next year so that’s a starting point hopefully.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If the TVC doesn’t vote for Marietta or look to expand then I think River Valley should play in the Hocking for football only and Nelsonville-York should be in the Ohio for football only.

That would even the divisions up and River Valley would be in a division where they could compete in football and vice versa for Nelsonville-York in all other sports.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I would honestly like to see the TVC send an invite to Oak Hill for the Ohio Division and Fort Frye for the Hocking. That would give each division, 8 teams. I think 8 is the magic number in terms of putting multiple teams into the playoffs for football.

Return to “Football”