Region 19

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: D-V, Region 19

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Top 8 I think are set. If oak hill can beat waverly I think they get in over minford

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I agree with top 8. I don’t see oak hill beating Waverly. So Minford will get in.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:08 pm I agree with top 8. I don’t see oak hill beating Waverly. So Minford will get in.
Agreed.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

When I do the points here is what I come up with.

1. Ironton 26
2. Ridgewood 22.65
3. Wheelersburg 22.65
4. Columbus Aca. 17.24
5. ACC 16.95
6. Wellston. 15.6
7. Minford 14.3
8. Portsmouth. 14.2

If burg and wood do tie, ridgewood would win the tie breaker. Cannot go to level 3 points because Burg played out of state teams, so you would go to overall record. Wood 10-0. Burg- 7-3.

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

7.1 In case of a tie in any region, the point values of the tied teams shall be calculated using the third level of competition to break the tie. Third level competition points are unavailable when an out-of-state or non-member opponent is involved, therefore the tie shall be resolved by following these steps, in the order listed:
1) The team that won in head-to-head competition.
2) If the teams did not play each other, the team with the most regular season victories will qualify.
3) If the teams have the same number of regular season victories, the team whose opponents earned the most
victories will qualify.
4) If the total victories of the opponents are equal, the team with the highest victory percentage will qualify.
5) If the teams have identical victory percentages, there will be a blind draw conducted by the Football
Administrator to determine the qualifying te

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Any valley or Vinton supporters out there have the
Scoop on whether they can upset Minford or Wellston? Asking for a friend... Johnstown-Monroe could sneak in I think it all comes down to valley

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:57 pm Any valley or Vinton supporters out there have the
Scoop on whether they can upset Minford or Wellston? Asking for a friend... Johnstown-Monroe could sneak in I think it all comes down to valley
Valley is banged up and playing a lot of freshmen so I wouldn’t count on a valley win
But it is a huge rivalry game so valley will come to play.
I believe a few years back valley was 1-9 and that one victory was a win over Minford week 10

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Whoever wins region 19, which to me will be either Ridgewood, Ironton, and Wheelersburg (in that order), will advance to the state championship game if matched up with region 20. Region 20 (and region 17 with the exception of Kirtland) is as weak as they come. Unfortunately, the state championship game will feature either Kirtland or region 18's winner. Region 18 is especially loaded, with teams such as Orville (defending state champions), Pemberville Eastwood (2017 state runner-up to Burg), Marion Pleasant (perennial playoff team), and Liberty-Benton (very solid program in D5 with several accomplishments, such as 3 regional championships in the last 13 seasons, most notably 2008 D5 runner-up to Ygst. Ursuline). Oak Harbor is also undefeated in region 18 but it appears 2018 and this year's success is pretty unprecedented in recent memory. Kirtland really doesn't play anyone in the regular season or in their region so their road to the state title game will get very interesting come week 14.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Spent about 20 minutes looking at the playoff scenarios today. Got the darn tourist flu here in the theme park capital of the world and took a sick days the past two days, so I’m really bored.

I think everyone is in sync with their opinions of how this region plays out.

I find it very, VERY interesting if Ironton beats P-Town, they could Re-Match week 11.

Very, very interesting.

GoTigersGo!!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah I talked with my uncle after the ironton gallia game and said I don’t like the possibility of playing Portsmouth and maybe burg twice rematches are never fun

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

I am not sold on Orrville this year. According to some of their posters on other forums they are a Jekyll and Hyde type team this year, and looking at their schedule and results I would say that is true. They have had some close calls against mediocre teams and their loss was to a mediocre Manchester team. Manchester was beaten badly by Div. IV Indian Valley who Ridgewood handled. But Orrville does have one of the best backs in the state and if they are on their game they can beat anybody. I do agree that Region 18 is the strongest, so no guarantee that they will even make it out of the region to the state semis. I hope 19 is matched up with 20. That would be a favorable match up for the winner of this region for sure.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

hammer89 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:21 pm I am not sold on Orrville this year. According to some of their posters on other forums they are a Jekyll and Hyde type team this year, and looking at their schedule and results I would say that is true. They have had some close calls against mediocre teams and their loss was to a mediocre Manchester team. Manchester was beaten badly by Div. IV Indian Valley who Ridgewood handled. But Orrville does have one of the best backs in the state and if they are on their game they can beat anybody. I do agree that Region 18 is the strongest, so no guarantee that they will even make it out of the region to the state semis. I hope 19 is matched up with 20. That would be a favorable match up for the winner of this region for sure.
Said Orville back did not play vs Manchester

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:40 pm
hammer89 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:21 pm I am not sold on Orrville this year. According to some of their posters on other forums they are a Jekyll and Hyde type team this year, and looking at their schedule and results I would say that is true. They have had some close calls against mediocre teams and their loss was to a mediocre Manchester team. Manchester was beaten badly by Div. IV Indian Valley who Ridgewood handled. But Orrville does have one of the best backs in the state and if they are on their game they can beat anybody. I do agree that Region 18 is the strongest, so no guarantee that they will even make it out of the region to the state semis. I hope 19 is matched up with 20. That would be a favorable match up for the winner of this region for sure.
Said Orville back did not play vs Manchester
Thanks that explains a lot then. Is he expected back soon?

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I region 19 has matched up with region 20 at least the last four or five years

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:53 pm Spent about 20 minutes looking at the playoff scenarios today. Got the darn tourist flu here in the theme park capital of the world and took a sick days the past two days, so I’m really bored.

I find it very, VERY interesting if Ironton beats P-Town, they could Re-Match week 11.

Very, very interesting.

GoTigersGo!!!
I think it’s going to happen. It could be good and bad playing a team 2 times in a row. Depending on the outcome you can learn a lot playing a team then playing them again.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:29 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:53 pm Spent about 20 minutes looking at the playoff scenarios today. Got the darn tourist flu here in the theme park capital of the world and took a sick days the past two days, so I’m really bored.

Very, very interesting.

GoTigersGo!!!
I think it’s going to happen. It could be good and bad playing a team 2 times in a row. Depending on the outcome you can learn a lot playing a team then playing them again.

Never a good thing for the team that won the 1st matchup.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Here's what I came up with for the Final standings after Week 10.

1. Ironton --------------- 25.9000
2. Wheelersburg ------- 22.7000
3. Ridgewood ----------- 22.6500
4. Amanda CC ---------- 17.5500
5. Columbus Aca. ------ 17.0369
6. Wellston ------------- 15.5000
7. Minford -------------- 14.7000
8. Portsmouth --------- 14.2000

Ironton has to beat Portsmouth and Minford has to beat Valley, seems to be the toughest matchups for this week.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I see after this week oak hill gets beat that flips Minford in 8th. So that puts Minford vs Ironton first round week 11. It will be Portsmouth or Wellston vs Burg. Who ever does get burg plays ridgewood. Then Amanda vs academy, why is people over looking academy they are loaded with that kicker from few years back burg played against. The young man is on the crew junior team. Plus they were a lot of sophomores that year

8 Minford vs 1 Ironton
Portsmouth, Wellston vs 2 burg
Portsmouth, Wellston vs 3 ridgewood
5 Columbus Academy vs 4 Amanda clearcreek

14U
S

Post by 14U »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:38 am Here's what I came up with for the Final standings after Week 10.

1. Ironton --------------- 25.9000
2. Wheelersburg ------- 22.7000
3. Ridgewood ----------- 22.6500
4. Amanda CC ---------- 17.5500
5. Columbus Aca. ------ 17.0369
6. Wellston ------------- 15.5000
7. Minford -------------- 14.7000
8. Portsmouth --------- 14.2000

Ironton has to beat Portsmouth and Minford has to beat Valley, seems to be the toughest matchups for this week.
Minford I see flip flopping with oak hill. Don’t think valley gives them enough to jump to 7. Also the level 2 points with be the difference. Minford only teams with winning records they lost too. Portsmouth ahead of Minford by 3 points but Wellston .4 but the level 2 points are the difference with who wins and loses

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Portsmouth will be below Minford by my calculations but it will be close. Portsmouth prolly in 8 hole if lose to Ironton and Wellston wins. If Wellston loses I have it they will be 8, Portsmouth 7, Minford 6.

Return to “Football”