Minford 33 - 0 Valley

TheNest
Waterboy

Minford 33 - 0 Valley

Post by TheNest »

Indians would love nothing more than to beat Minford and finish .500 on the year.

Minford is playing for their playoff lives, not to mention the opportunity to beat Valley for the first time since 2017, third time since 2010.

Should be an intense game.

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Week 10 Lucasville Valley (5-4) @ Minford (6-3)

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History since 2000:
2000: Minford 61 Valley 30
2001: Minford 42 Valley 0
2002: Valley 21 Minford 0
2003: Valley 35 Minford 14
2004: Valley 7 Minford 0
2005: Valley 40 Minford 0
2006: Minford 13 Valley 7
2007: Minford 41 Valley 0
2008: Minford 10 Valley 7
2009: Minford 28 Valley 21
2010: Minford 7 Valley 6
2011: Valley 38 Minford 13
2012: Valley 7 Minford 0
2013: Valley 41 Minford 31
2014: Valley 28 Minford 14
2015: Valley 41 Minford 14
2016: Valley 17 Minford 7
2017: Minford 41 Valley 27
2018: Valley 42 Minford 14

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Don't have any idea how many kids that Valley has been able to get back, and be able to finish out the season. They seemed to be and were a lot better football team earlier, witch is very understandable. I'm sure they have regrouped as much as they could have, but I would have to give the edge to the Falcons.

Mclovinit
Waterboy

Post by Mclovinit »

I look for Valley to come out with their A game. They have a lot of pride to play for. They aren't going to quit. With a win, Valley still has an outside chance of making the playoffs, so it's not just Minford playing for their lives. Valley has to get fired up though, they don't seem to have any fire before the game or during. They need a leader/s to step up and set the tone.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valley is pretty beat up.

Which Minford offense will show up?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford at home, and Valley beat up, normally I'd say Minford 35-7. Then we have the Oak Hill debacle, but you know what....? I'm sticking with Minford 35-7! Get the job done boys!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Mclovinit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:24 pm I look for Valley to come out with their A game. They have a lot of pride to play for. They aren't going to quit. With a win, Valley still has an outside chance of making the playoffs, so it's not just Minford playing for their lives. Valley has to get fired up though, they don't seem to have any fire before the game or during. They need a leader/s to step up and set the tone.
Yeah that’s really been my only complaint besides the northwest game this year no matter what the score of the game you never see any emotion from them at least compared to other teams the only one that does is Williams the rest seem to take more of a lack of a better term a business approach

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

everything points to a Minford win but not so fast valley always seems to pray their best game against Minford just look a few years back when they got their only win of the season against Minford I think valley has almost everyone back except andronis of course last week they got embarrassed by burg and held to less than 50 yards of offense I think so look for valley to come out motivated and wanting to play spoiler and keep Minford out of the playoffs all of the pressure is on Minford

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:13 am everything points to a Minford win but not so fast valley always seems to play their best game against Minford just look a few years back when they got their only win of the season against Minford I think valley has almost everyone back except andronis of course last week they got embarrassed by burg and held to less than 50 yards of offense I think so look for valley to come out motivated and wanting to play spoiler and keep Minford out of the playoffs all of the pressure is on Minford

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:13 am everything points to a Minford win but not so fast valley always seems to pray their best game against Minford just look a few years back when they got their only win of the season against Minford I think valley has almost everyone back except andronis of course last week they got embarrassed by burg and held to less than 50 yards of offense I think so look for valley to come out motivated and wanting to play spoiler and keep Minford out of the playoffs all of the pressure is on Minford
I totally agree. Minford will get Valley's best shot with whoever Valley is able to put on the field.

If Minford plays to win offensively they win going away.

If Minford plays not to lose offensively, this game could go either way.

It will be interesting to see what they offensive play calling scheme will be like this week.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

Big game for the Ruby regime one must think.

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

Minford should be fired up to come out and take control of this game start to finish. Should being the key word.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:24 am
Izladoom wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:13 am everything points to a Minford win but not so fast valley always seems to pray their best game against Minford just look a few years back when they got their only win of the season against Minford I think valley has almost everyone back except andronis of course last week they got embarrassed by burg and held to less than 50 yards of offense I think so look for valley to come out motivated and wanting to play spoiler and keep Minford out of the playoffs all of the pressure is on Minford
I totally agree. Minford will get Valley's best shot with whoever Valley is able to put on the field.

If Minford plays to win offensively they win going away.

If Minford plays not to lose offensively, this game could go either way.

It will be interesting to see what they offensive play calling scheme will be like this week.
When Minford opened things up against Waverly, they went down the field, and scored quickly with ease. EVL needs to throw the darn ball down the field or hit his quick routes like he did in the beginning of the year. He's hanging on to the ball way to long and running for his life. Hopefully, they play wide open and not to lose, or that's exactly what they'll do.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

If I am looking at this right without breaking it down if valley and waverly wins and Johnstown-Monroe wins Johnstown could travel to the #1 seed which is looking like Ironton. Slight chance it all gets messed if Wellston would lose to Vinton. Johnstown-Monroe is pulling for valley!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I know very early in the season even before Valley got the injury bug, I have heard Crabtree made some comments about having trouble getting the boys to be fired up. He said something along the lines of it's not how it used to be and it's difficult to find ways to get emotion out of them, even on gamedays.

I'm not a Valley fan, so idk how the boys are game to game. I'm only mentioning it because someone made comments earlier about having concerns about the teams emotions. Not sure if it is the group of boys in particular or culture or what, but sounds like something should be looked into. Maybe next year will be different.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I was a little disappointed by the enthusiasm shown by Valley last week, thought they kinda mailed it in early (the players I mean).

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

After seeing both teams I'm going with Minford by 14 in this one.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

We will see which Valley team shows up.

They have a ton to play for. My math and "predictions" say the Indians win and they make the playoffs.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Is this game going to be broadcast anywhere?

Redball
Riding the Bench

Post by Redball »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:51 pm Is this game going to be broadcast anywhere?
It's on 107.5 radio and streaming.

Return to “Football”