Jackson leaving the FAC

GOBLUE2005
Riding the Bench

Jackson leaving the FAC

Post by GOBLUE2005 »

Some big rumors from people in the know, that Jackson is looking to leave the FAC. Any of our Jackson friends have any insight into this. Not sure why Jackson would want to leave a league that was pretty much built around them. The 5 SCOL schools abandoned ship on a great league to form a league with Jackson. I think this would be a bad move for the Ironmen. There is stability in this league in all sports not just football. Thoughts?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Jackson leaving the FAC

Post by Dundas »

Only way this happens is if Marietta, Athens, Warren and Logan join them to resurrect the SEOAL. I have heard zero rumors about this though. So I’d imagine it’s false.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

GOBLUE2005 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:08 am Some big rumors from people in the know, that Jackson is looking to leave the FAC. Any of our Jackson friends have any insight into this. Not sure why Jackson would want to leave a league that was pretty much built around them. The 5 SCOL schools abandoned ship on a great league to form a league with Jackson. I think this would be a bad move for the Ironmen. There is stability in this league in all sports not just football. Thoughts?
Nope

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

GOBLUE2005 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:08 am Some big rumors from people in the know, that Jackson is looking to leave the FAC. Any of our Jackson friends have any insight into this. Not sure why Jackson would want to leave a league that was pretty much built around them. The 5 SCOL schools abandoned ship on a great league to form a league with Jackson. I think this would be a bad move for the Ironmen. There is stability in this league in all sports not just football. Thoughts?
No chance , Jackson was in a league for 91 years and only left when given no choice. Was my understanding that Jackson Warren Logan and Gallia made a pact to stay together and search for additional teams. Gallia joined the OVC soon thereafter . That was the official nail in the seoal coffin. Jackson is very happy in the FAC. Jackson not a school to bounce around leagues. Slow news day ?
Last edited by Poo Bear on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:00 am Only way this happens is if Marietta, Athens, Warren and Logan join them to resurrect the SEOAL. I have heard zero rumors about this though. So I’d imagine it’s false.
No interest in a league with those teams. Perfectly happy.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

It's been simply to hard for Jackson to find a league that stays together, especially given they're a DIII school. As long as the league keeps plugging along, which I for one don't believe it will as I think you'll find teams start to slide off. However, at this time with the league still fully intact I don't believe they'll jump ship. Not unless they're getting word from other teams that they're looking to leave.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson is not leaving the FAC...….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
veer
JV Team

Post by veer »

I'm not sure Jackson is the school I'd be worried about leaving the FAC. Chillicothe is the school I'd worry about. I have heard that rumor. If they leave who replaces them? If they are not replaced does the FAC survive? Again, this is a rumor.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:39 am Jackson is not leaving the FAC...….
People said the league was doomed when it started , 3 years later and going strong . Haters 😂

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

veer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:47 am I'm not sure Jackson is the school I'd be worried about leaving the FAC. Chillicothe is the school I'd worry about. I have heard that rumor. If they leave who replaces them? If they are not replaced does the FAC survive? Again, this is a rumor.
Would be silly for chilly to leave 🤦‍♂️

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thread needs locked

veer
JV Team

Post by veer »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:48 am
veer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:47 am I'm not sure Jackson is the school I'd be worried about leaving the FAC. Chillicothe is the school I'd worry about. I have heard that rumor. If they leave who replaces them? If they are not replaced does the FAC survive? Again, this is a rumor.
I agree with you.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Chilly leaves...……. Logan on the horn in a matter of minutes

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:53 am
I doubt it.

But if so.....

Leave Chilly, leave :lol: :lol: :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:53 am
I doubt it.

But if so.....

Leave Chilly, leave :lol: :lol: :lol:

I figured the boys up 93N be all for that :D

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I would love to help Logan out , hate it for their kids.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:56 am

Yeah, it’s getting depressing to see the kids have nothing to fight for during the season. There is a lot to be said in “belonging” to something and being a part of something.

GOBLUE2005
Riding the Bench

Post by GOBLUE2005 »

I hope jackson does stay. I'm all for getting logan into the league and adding another team from the northern part of the conference. I hear circleville is unhappy in the misdstate league. Would be nice to get to 8. This is a strong league in all sports. Seems to many schools base everything on football, I have seen really good leagues falter becuase of one sport

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:56 am

I mean, FWIW - I'd rather be in the FAC WITH Chillicothe. But if them leaving opens the door for Logan I'd be all for that too.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:48 am
Unioto would be the best logistical pick up if Chillicothe, or any team for that matter, left the FAC.

Return to “Football”