Hillsboro 3 - 42 Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Hillsboro 3 - 42 Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

Payback #2 for the Ironmen will take place in Hillsboro. Hillsboro has played some teams pretty well but haven’t been able to get over the hump of late. They are big and well-coached and will be well-prepared....but shouldn’t challenge the Ironmen for more than a half.

The Ironmen hold too much, too many personal fouls and too many fumbles...but dang that defense knows where the ball is going and is nasty. If you can’t burn us deep, you likely won’t score much.

Last year Boro played a tremendous game and Jackson bit on a play late and Hillsboro left Jackson all smiles. They earned it...hope all the Jackson players remember it.

Time to gel for the playoffs.

Jackson 41-13

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Jackson (8-0) @ Hillsboro (3-5)...Week 8

Post by ironman02 »

Take care of the football. Limit penalties. Execute. Payback.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Hillsboro lost to much from last year's team, look for Jackson to take this one by 27

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson needs to stay focused and stay hungry. This team seems to play with an edge. Very aggressive , fast to the football and angry when they get there. Always 5-6 red helmets to the football. Very stout Ironmen defense. All phases of the team are playing great football. Just stay hungry and focused.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

those first posts could not or cannot be said any better GREAT JOB I92, IRON02, GREYGOOSE and POO BEAR......you guys are spot on the money.....only thing I can add a little to the payback fuel is not only did we get beat last year on our home turf but Hillsboro physically outhit us too......lets make sure that don't happen this year as well...….win yes, but knockin em stiff is a must with it!!!!!!!....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Jackson will get revenge. There playing good ball.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
veer
JV Team

Post by veer »

Hillsboro has nothing to lose this week. No pressure at all. If Hillsboro can eliminate penalties and turnovers they can give Jackson all they can handle. Im not sure if Hillsboro can beat Jackson, but Its senior night and Ive seen crazier things happen before. Everyone counted out Hillsboro last season at Jackson and the same will happen every year I imagine when these two teams meet up.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

veer wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 am Hillsboro has nothing to lose this week. No pressure at all. If Hillsboro can eliminate penalties and turnovers they can give Jackson all they can handle. Im not sure if Hillsboro can beat Jackson, but Its senior night and Ive seen crazier things happen before. Everyone counted out Hillsboro last season at Jackson and the same will happen every year I imagine when these two teams meet up.
Hillsboro was 9-1 last year. Loaded with talent. They were better than Jackson last year , no one counted them out at all. Hillsboro’s offense is very hard to stop , must be prepared and very disciplined, Jackson knows it will have its hands full , they’ll be hungry and prepared.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

This Jackson team has had a chip on its shoulder since the scrimmages started. It was , struggled with West , blew out against Ironton, struggled with Wellston, line is “atrocious” , can’t throw the ball. Jackson has plenty of motivation , Hillsboro will have to earn everything they get Friday.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:04 am This Jackson team has had a chip on its shoulder since the scrimmages started. It was , struggled with West , blew out against Ironton, struggled with Wellston, line is “atrocious” , can’t throw the ball. Jackson has plenty of motivation , Hillsboro will have to earn everything they get Friday.
great post

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

Too much Ironmen. But don’t get overconfident, because Hillsboro won’t lay down and just hand a victory over.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:04 am This Jackson team has had a chip on its shoulder since the scrimmages started. It was , struggled with West , blew out against Ironton, struggled with Wellston, line is “atrocious” , can’t throw the ball. Jackson has plenty of motivation , Hillsboro will have to earn everything they get Friday.
Most of my Jackson buddies only had doubts about the Burg game this year, I usually hear about how Jackson will be head and shoulders above the rest of the league for years to come. So I’m not sure there’s much of a chip to be had on their shoulder but if they found one and are able to stay motivated props to them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

3sUp wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:03 pm
Most of my Jackson buddies only had doubts about the Burg game this year, I usually hear about how Jackson will be head and shoulders above the rest of the league for years to come. So I’m not sure there’s much of a chip to be had on their shoulder but if they found one and are able to stay motivated props to them.
The loss last year was crushing...this chip is easily placed for this week at least

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Ironboys 44-13

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Don’t lose Jackson, we want you undefeated going into week 10

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

who wants the Ironmen undefeated week 10???????

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

ironmen captains went and talked to the pee wee teams that are still in the super bowl hunt last night to end the week...….awesome to see kids in the 3rd grade on one knee staring up at the senior captains in their letterman jackets......first class all the way and truth be known.....not sure who enjoyed it more....the senior captains or the 3/4 grade future ironmen.....great stuff!!!!!!!!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GO RED!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:34 am who wants the Ironmen undefeated week 10???????
I think he just might be referring to the Chillicothe Cavaliers, who will be coming to Alumni Stadium next Friday evening.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:46 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:34 am who wants the Ironmen undefeated week 10???????
I think he just might be referring to the Chillicothe Cavaliers, who will be coming to Alumni Stadium next Friday evening.
💯 focused on Hillsboro . Tough Team to stop.

Return to “Football”