Re: WK9 Logan @ Maysville

Post by noreply66 »

Anyone know much about Maysville?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Looks like their best win is New Lex. Losses to New Philly 49-0, Sheridan 21-0, John Glenn 36-13 and Philo 35-21. I'll take Logan by a couple scores. Is McCarty still out? Maybe one score with him out.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I think this is a coin flip game. Maysville is a wing team offense and runs the ball most of the time. I think the talent levels for each team are pretty equal. Winnable game for either team.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Beating New Lex has them being able to win this game. Chiefs will need everyone for the whole game to get the W

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a good one

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I like the Chiefs in this one. Three game win streak to end the season with.

Have gun, will travel
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:44 pm I think this is a coin flip game. Maysville is a wing team offense and runs the ball most of the time. I think the talent levels for each team are pretty equal. Winnable game for either team.
Bingo.

Hopefully Logan can get healthy for Friday.

HUGE program game for Logan. Maybe the biggest two game stretch for the program since 2015.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Winning out should be a big boost for the program.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Chiefs by 14.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Go Logan! ....says 1/2 of region 11 contenders lol

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Go Chieftains and get that win.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:02 pm Go Logan! ....says 1/2 of region 11 contenders lol
Going to be a tough game. Maysville can match Logan's size up front. Definitely Wing-T in philosophy, but they'll put the QB in the shotgun and run a bunch of read option/RPO stuff out of those looks. The QB (15) and fullback (9) are really tough runners. On the strong side of the line they can go 6-6, 305 and 6-6, 240 at Tackle/Tight End.

Defensively they can go extremely jumbo with 400lbs and 305lbs at tackle. The linebackers get down hill and can be disruptive. The secondary has veterans.

Like Logan, they wan to control the clock. They have to be effecient like Logan.

Very similar football teams on paper. Going to be a good one.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Sorry, Locos. Not buying it. The overgrown fatties don’t move well. Was real familiar with this program as they lacked a decent coach for years. Community has a lot of kids who lack discipline and it always showed on the field. When they did get a decent coach , he never stayed long because of ongoing problems. And Maysville always won games in the weak half of the MVL when they had some talent and were a doormat when they didn’t.

I watch the Chili game on TV and saw enough to know that while Logan isn’t full of stars, they do have some discipline, a blue collar effort and talent enough that would get them a lot of wins in SEO. The schedule was front loaded out of SEO against the Chiefs. These last 3 games should all be wins.

Have gun, will travel
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:37 pm Sorry, Locos. Not buying it. The overgrown fatties don’t move well. Was real familiar with this program as they lacked a decent coach for years. Community has a lot of kids who lack discipline and it always showed on the field. When they did get a decent coach , he never stayed long because of ongoing problems. And Maysville always won games in the weak half of the MVL when they had some talent and were a doormat when they didn’t.

I watch the Chili game on TV and saw enough to know that while Logan isn’t full of stars, they do have some discipline, a blue collar effort and talent enough that would get them a lot of wins in SEO. The schedule was front loaded out of SEO against the Chiefs. These last 3 games should all be wins.
Watch #77 and #33. Big and mobile - not overweight.

They're a lot like the way you describe Logan. Blue collar, grinders, etc.

Again - a very winnable game for the Chiefs. The kind of game where it's fair to judge the players and the coaching. Has this program made progress? If so, then this is the kind of game you find a way to win.

If Logan doesn't win, you wonder if they just beat the two worst teams on the schedule (Chilli and Meigs) and maybe just rode good fortune against Athens.

I think based on the body of work Logan should finish 5-5. You may even look back and think 5-5 is an under performance. But that's only if this team takes care of business the next two weeks.

I don't believe last year's team would have a chance against this Maysville team. They would find a way to lose.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Yes, that I would agree with. Last years team would find a way to lose to this team. In that regard, there is progress this year.

If the JV / Frosh scores hold true, there is something to look forward to next year. And a finishing 3 game win streak would help too.

I like the Chiefs by 14, maybe more.

Have gun, will travel
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:07 pm Yes, that I would agree with. Last years team would find a way to lose to this team. In that regard, there is progress this year.

If the JV / Frosh scores hold true, there is something to look forward to next year. And a finishing 3 game win streak would help too.

I like the Chiefs by 14, maybe more.
Frosh lost their QB halfway through the season or I suspect a couple of the games would have been a lot more interesting.

LonelyWinner
Riding the Bench

Post by LonelyWinner »

Logan will win this game.

gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

Should be a good old fashioned football game. Lots of running going on. Logan-14 Maysville-10

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Is Logan healthy this week ?

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”