River Valley 26 - 69 Athens

dilligaf
S

Re: WK9 Athens @ River Valley

Post by dilligaf »

Bigbuckeye52 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:24 pm
Sports101 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:38 pm
Shane Falco wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:51 am Athens 49 RV 0

Raiders have to hope for a injury free game and be ready to take on SG in week 10. SG is not a very good D7 team so RV should get win #2. Will Peck be back next year? Probably so. I believe they are having hope with their 4-0 JV team.
There varsity is 4-0 against JV teams no wonder they can’t block for 24 on Friday
What is your problem? Why do you feel the need to make comments like this? People like you are what’s wrong with the Raider program. Get behind and support the boys regardless of the outcome. They are kids trying their best.
That is what is wrong lol :roll: :roll:

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

dilligaf wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:15 pm

There varsity is 4-0 against JV teams no wonder they can’t block for 24 on Friday
What is your problem? Why do you feel the need to make comments like this? People like you are what’s wrong with the Raider program. Get behind and support the boys regardless of the outcome. They are kids trying their best.
Your English is atrocious. Maybe pay attention in class more and stay off the internet.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Bigbuckeye52 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:42 pm
dilligaf wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Your English is atrocious. Maybe pay attention in class more and stay off the internet.
Looks like rv should spend some more time in the gym and less on internet.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Jason Peck is known for playing varsity players in JV games, but hey, he needs to win somewhere. However, I don’t know that anyone saved or lost their job based off of the JV record. It’s quite apparent he has lost this team. Too much talent to be absolutely horrendous like they are.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:59 pm Jason Peck is known for playing varsity players in JV games, but hey, he needs to win somewhere. However, I don’t know that anyone saved or lost their job based off of the JV record. It’s quite apparent he has lost this team. Too much talent to be absolutely horrendous like they are.
Athens JV is undefeated

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:59 pm Jason Peck is known for playing varsity players in JV games, but hey, he needs to win somewhere. However, I don’t know that anyone saved or lost their job based off of the JV record. It’s quite apparent he has lost this team. Too much talent to be absolutely horrendous like they are.
They are 1 game better than they were last year at this point.

RVThrows
Waterboy

Post by RVThrows »

sfForL wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:42 am
Howard Cosell wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:42 pm What is even funnier and sadly ironic is that Athens and Logan:

1. take pot shots at each other
2. take pride in beating much smaller schools
3. cant beat anyone their size or bigger
4. and lack the cajoneys to put together a league with each other as members...

Gentlemen, the TVC is in severe decay. NOW is the time.

Athens
Logan
Warren
Marietta

You can make it go with four schools. Grow a set and make it happen. Others will soon follow your lead if you have the foresight to think outside the box.

What say you?
Agreed.
You could add Gallia Academy and Jackson and you could call the new league the SEOAL! ;)

Pdd95
Waterboy

Post by Pdd95 »

Peck has wasted the talent on this team and it’s a shame! 😡

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

RVThrows wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:02 pm
sfForL wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:42 am
Howard Cosell wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:42 pm What is even funnier and sadly ironic is that Athens and Logan:

1. take pot shots at each other
2. take pride in beating much smaller schools
3. cant beat anyone their size or bigger
4. and lack the cajoneys to put together a league with each other as members...

Gentlemen, the TVC is in severe decay. NOW is the time.

Athens
Logan
Warren
Marietta

You can make it go with four schools. Grow a set and make it happen. Others will soon follow your lead if you have the foresight to think outside the box.

What say you?
Agreed.
You could add Gallia Academy and Jackson and you could call the new league the SEOAL! ;)
GG16 supports this wonderful idea.

Notorious
Waterboy

Post by Notorious »

Shane Falco wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:51 am Athens 49 RV 0

Raiders have to hope for a injury free game and be ready to take on SG in week 10. SG is not a very good D7 team so RV should get win #2. Will Peck be back next year? Probably so. I believe they are having hope with their 4-0 JV team.
Sorry but that’s completely inaccurate..that jv team has 1 JR and a special education Sr..but again wouldn’t expect anything else..

Notorious
Waterboy

Post by Notorious »

Pdd95 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:39 pm
You haven’t got the slightest clue...

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Notorious wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:40 am
I have a clue and they speak the truth, Peck has ruined a team with talent and several underclassmen already contemplating not playing next year if he's back.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

1. If you are talking about freshmen and sophomores that have to play on Friday nights ok.
In the Jv game this week they rotated 2 freshmen qb’s. I saw at least 4 rb’s carry the ball that are fr. or soph. I saw fr and soph linemen on both sides of the ball.
2. You say they are loaded with talent... how did these upperclassmen do at the lower levels? I certainly don’t remember hearing anything about their talent level over the years.

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

Raiderball wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:40 pm 1. If you are talking about freshmen and sophomores that have to play on Friday nights ok.
In the Jv game this week they rotated 2 freshmen qb’s. I saw at least 4 rb’s carry the ball that are fr. or soph. I saw fr and soph linemen on both sides of the ball.
2. You say they are loaded with talent... how did these upperclassmen do at the lower levels? I certainly don’t remember hearing anything about their talent level over the years.
The senior class only lost a couple games from biddy league through their junior high years.

Notorious
Waterboy

Post by Notorious »

Rvfan wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:16 pm
Notorious wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:40 am

I have a clue and they speak the truth, Peck has ruined a team with talent and several underclassmen already contemplating not playing next year if he's back.
Refer to the talent you speak of! And you only have heard rumors of kids who may not play..but do you know why? Cause I do...

mattash
Site Admin

Re: River Valley 26 - 69 Athens

Post by mattash »

River Valley 26 - 69 Athens

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Black n silver
Waterboy

Post by Black n silver »

River Valley fought hard, the first quarter score was 20-14. Athens had too many athletes for RV but the score doesn’t really show how hard these boys fought last night

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

69 points given up really shows a lot.

Notorious
Waterboy

Post by Notorious »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:03 am 69 points given up really shows a lot.
Your super team in a nail biter with meigs shows a lot too...

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Not my team, just appreciated the time Coach Polcyn invested into my son when he played at RV. I do find it interesting that he took the “finesse” offense, according to Coach Peck, and has been really successful and scored a lot of points with it. Good for him and the Morrow boys who help him. But they did win the game, and as Shannon Sharpe always says, “I’d rather have a hot dub (Win) than a cold L.

Speaking of cold L’s, Coach Peck has only had two wins and 17 cold L’s, which have come in historically (and by this, I mean RV history, which is considerably worse compared to a normal program) bad fashion. When you lose worse than any other coach in RV history, with the exception of Carter, that’s bad. What’s even more humiliating is that those other unsuccessful RV coaches didn’t have the luxury of a mercy rule running clock. Those 17 beat downs would have been even worse if not for the running clock that comes every week.

It’s hard to watch. It’s hard for my son to watch. He won’t even come to the games anymore. But if you want to talk about more facts, I stand on the 30 yard line, concession stand side, every game, as I’ve done for the past 8 years.

Return to “Football”