Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: G.O.W. WK9 Ironton @ Gallia Academy (OVC Chip)

Post by Poo Bear »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:36 pm
Vik wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:35 pm

It’ll take our top performance but I trust the staff and players to do it. They want this
It’ll be a great environment. 2 local high school football blue bloods going at it in the mud.
Tigers have Orange & Black blood, they're not human !!!!! :x
Tigers should be 8-0 with zero close games. One could argue they’ve underachieved thus far .

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I like it. Cant wait

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:20 pm

It’ll be a great environment. 2 local high school football blue bloods going at it in the mud.
Tigers should be 8-0 with zero close games. One could argue they’ve underachieved thus far .
One could also argue Rock Hill should be 8-0 ;) Underachieved would not even explain 1-7 :roll:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

LOMBARDI9.9 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:04 pm

One could also argue Rock Hill should be 8-0 ;)
Maybe but Ironton had a much better free agency off season . I was expecting 10-0 and mostly running clocks

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Know rain as of now ! Sat night Rain! Armstrong ?

goldeneagle54
Waterboy

Post by goldeneagle54 »

I hope these two storied programs have an epic battle Friday night. Gallia has been building their program back to the level of play that it had in the early 2000's. You always know that Ironton will bring a fight. 3 facts of life in Ironton: Death, Taxes, and High School Football. There are a lot of story lines in this matchup. But, I can't wait until we all funnel down to the stadium along the mighty chickamauga creek. I know the community of Gallipolis is ready! The place is going to be rocking!

Go Blue!

goldeneagle54
Waterboy

Post by goldeneagle54 »

Paulcrew wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:43 am It is an extremely tough place to
play. one of ironton’s best ever teams barely survived on a goal line stand, up
there in 1982. 14-12.

it’s a tough atmosphere. The road team must play flawless and not have any turnovers. There will be calls go against you, but ya just need to continue to play fundamentally sound. In the Ashland game, Ironton allowed officiating to dictate the outcome of the game, by turning the ball over in the redzone.
here’s what i’m looking forward to:
I am wondering if Gallia can break their own record of finding a split the pot winner in under 30 seconds?
i’m wondering if the lights will stay on the entire game?
I’m wondering if they still have stevie evans sausage sammy’s in the concession stand?
i’m
wondering if they still have a visiting locker room where only 25 people fit?

should be a dandy game
Answers to your questions:
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes, but more like 15 people.....

#GoBlue

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

First of all, let me say I hate the ironton tigers. I am not originally from Gallia county moved here as a kid the first game I remember attending I was like 8. It was the night Gallia academy broke irontons streak.

Over the years Gallia academy has had a lot of great teams find a way to lose to ironton. There was a mystique there. They had a mental edge. Shoot Gallia academy dropped ironton a few years ago because they could not compete with them. I think we lost 21 out of 23 or something like that.

But these kids don’t know that ironton does not hold the mystic over these kids that they hold over the rest of this league. To these guys ironton is just like any other team.

Now the reason why I started this post. I hate that Gallia fans talk like playing on memorial field is such an advantage. Maybe at one time it was. If it is a advantage now it is because it is a grass field. Because most teams don’t play a game on grass that often anymore. Gallia has played what 7 out of 8 weeks on grass so far?

I don’t think mud or a wet field gives Gallia any extra advantage. In I think 2011 this was last time this game meant something and was in mud at memorial field. Both teams struggled. But it was ironton that broke the big plays.

Gallia had a chance to win with a few seconds left and a wide open receiver fell in a wet muddy end zone not a ironton player. So let’s quit talking about things that don’t matter.

Gallia will win this game because they are just better... And we want to send the little orange and black kitty cat back down the river. With a big fat L on it’s back. And it is time the people down there realize there is a new power center in this league and it is in the old French city. Go Blue.

Now little kitties go back and hide in your little corner.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:31 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:40 am Really tired of the chatter from Ironton posters. Like Gallia Academy is just overflowing with so many more kids in their building. Like they have homer refs. I sincerely hope the Blue Devils straight up punch the Tigers and all of their whiny rude fans right in the mouth (metaphorically speaking). Yes the Devils have to play in the mud too, but they do it quite a bit. Speed is speed. The Blue Devils will run it up the seam north and south. They aren't just an around the edge cutback team. Tiger Bait, you take subtle jabs week after week and contribute nothing else to the conversation.

Anyway, I know the Tigers are obviously good, and I wish them a safe game with no injuries, but I sure hope every stinkin Ironton soul in that stadium leaves with a humongous bruised ego.
I don't know where you see jabs being taken. whatever weather there is both teams have to play in it, just that simple. not sure if you're having a bad day er what hoss/hossette, but I don't think I was jabbing anybody. the blue boys have an excellent team. they are undefeated, correct me, didn't I already say that a couple times earlier on this topic. take some midol and chill out.
Right so no jabs at enrollment size multiple times on this thread? Or about Gallia's schedule? Ok. The Midol line was hysterical... if it had came from an adolescent. Just go on about your business.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

svac83 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:16 pm First of all, let me say I hate the ironton tigers. I am not originally from Gallia county moved here as a kid the first game I remember attending I was like 8. It was the night Gallia academy broke irontons streak.

Over the years Gallia academy has had a lot of great teams find a way to lose to ironton. There was a mystique there. They had a mental edge. Shoot Gallia academy dropped ironton a few years ago because they could not compete with them. I think we lost 21 out of 23 or something like that.

But these kids don’t know that ironton does not hold the mystic over these kids that they hold over the rest of this league. To these guys ironton is just like any other team.

Now the reason why I started this post. I hate that Gallia fans talk like playing on memorial field is such an advantage. Maybe at one time it was. If it is a advantage now it is because it is a grass field. Because most teams don’t play a game on grass that often anymore. Gallia has played what 7 out of 8 weeks on grass so far?

I don’t think mud or a wet field gives Gallia any extra advantage. In I think 2011 this was last time this game meant something and was in mud at memorial field. Both teams struggled. But it was ironton that broke the big plays.

Gallia had a chance to win with a few seconds left and a wide open receiver fell in a wet muddy end zone not a ironton player. So let’s quit talking about things that don’t matter.

Gallia will win this game because they are just better... And we want to send the little orange and black kitty cat back down the river. With a big fat L on it’s back. And it is time the people down there realize there is a new power center in this league and it is in the old French city. Go Blue.

Not an advantage to be more used to a surface? Really? I would disagree and say it can be an advantage. It's not huge, but it is an advantage. Just think about even snapping a football. It's a lot different snapping the football on a wet grassy surface than turf. One bad snap could be the difference in a game like this. But I do agree, Gallia is the better team and I think they show it Friday.
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

80% Ironton so far on the Week 9 pickem contest.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Go Fighting Tigers...….

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

As an Ironton guy, I hate saying it, but the Tigers and some of their fans need served some humble pie this week before heading into the playoffs. Getting way too confident for their own good.

LonelyWinner
Riding the Bench

Post by LonelyWinner »

Going to go with Gallia on this.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

laser breath wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:35 pm
brutus161 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:25 pm
TigerMania wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:42 pm

You are such a hater! Take your negativity and keep it down in the Furnace! Do us all a favor, we know you love the Burg so stay on their forums. Go Tigers!
I know I don't post here very often, but I am on here a lot to read. So this may be coming from the wrong person, but did you really just create a profile specifically to tell him to keep out of the Ironton threads?
happens all the time and it's usually women (moms)
Not a mom but I do agree with that statement. Just tired of ole Franklin Furnace people hating on Ironton. Blizzard man needs to get off the Ironton forums and stick with his neighbor forums the Wheelersburg Pirates! Also, I agree that some of our Ironton fans get a little big for their britches, but what team doesn’t have any of those fans. We are proud of our team and the turn around that has happened under the Pendelton era. Go Tigers!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Flyers58 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:57 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:37 pm was that subtle enough.
got your back YTB.............too many idiots who dont know the definition of SUBTLE...........tell it like you have been with the most respect for our opponent...........
thank you. I don't know what posts this person has been reading. but I certainly have been nothing but respectful about every opponent we have played. I just don't care for somebody publically calling me out. especially when what they said about me I didn't even do. but I'm a big ole boy with broad shoulders. I can handle it. but i'll dang skippy let them know if hit ain't accurate. and like it or not to that person gahs is the biggest school district in the ovc , that's all I was saying. it is what it is. it certainly wasn't an excuse if ironton loses. trust me ironton ain't scared of anybody. whoever they play. they'll get their best effort. even the Ashland game we lost, we gift wrapped it for them with 5 fumbles, deep in tomcat territory. but Ashland has a great team. and the tigers will learn from it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree poo. really the only complete game that I think they have had to this point was the burg. since then, it's been too many turnovers and penalties. but if they start peaking right now, i'll be a great time to with playoffs on the horizon.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

svac83 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:16 pm First of all, let me say I hate the ironton tigers. I am not originally from Gallia county moved here as a kid the first game I remember attending I was like 8. It was the night Gallia academy broke irontons streak.

I hope you got plenty of Barbie que sauce to get them crow feathers down with. I like the original myself. been there done that. oddly I agreed with the vast majority of your post other than the disrespectful parts. and I was a sophomore on that team in 76 that got our streak broken. so I know all about it. if it hadn't been for you revealing that part, I'd have guessed you was in a high school cafeteria eatin breakfast. but apparently you ain't learnt good manners. the tigers are a very good quality team. and if they limit mistakes and turnovers they will be hard to handle.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:55 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:31 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:40 am Really tired of the chatter from Ironton posters. Like Gallia Academy is just overflowing with so many more kids in their building. Like they have homer refs. I sincerely hope the Blue Devils straight up punch the Tigers and all of their whiny rude fans right in the mouth (metaphorically speaking). Yes the Devils have to play in the mud too, but they do it quite a bit. Speed is speed. The Blue Devils will run it up the seam north and south. They aren't just an around the edge cutback team. Tiger Bait, you take subtle jabs week after week and contribute nothing else to the conversation.

Anyway, I know the Tigers are obviously good, and I wish them a safe game with no injuries, but I sure hope every stinkin Ironton soul in that stadium leaves with a humongous bruised ego.
I don't know where you see jabs being taken. whatever weather there is both teams have to play in it, just that simple. not sure if you're having a bad day er what hoss/hossette, but I don't think I was jabbing anybody. the blue boys have an excellent team. they are undefeated, correct me, didn't I already say that a couple times earlier on this topic. take some midol and chill out.
Right so no jabs at enrollment size multiple times on this thread? Or about Gallia's schedule? Ok. The Midol line was hysterical... if it had came from an adolescent. Just go on about your business.
thank you brother I aim to please. nothing about your posts seems juvenile to me. :lol: :lol:

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I think gallia will score more than anyone ironton has played this far but I think ironton squeaks out the win on the road 27-22

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵

Return to “Football”