Dropping Rivals

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: Dropping Rivals

Post by Ff3233 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:04 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:35 pm I helped look for teams to schedule last year for this year so many teams told us no. I do agree playing up is def for the better if we can get bigger teams to play us.
Tell your AD to join the TVC Ohio. Man up and join
Yeah, driving to wellston would be great. Plus that conference isn't all that when it comes to football anyways. When the tvc finally adds warren and marietta then they can add a ff and have a 3 tiered league. Until then no reason to join

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm Im pretty sure FF’s rival is Waterford. They are still playing
Yes waterford is our rival. Caldwell and monroe are traditional games but not rivals. I'm ok with them going elsewhere for games. It's better to try and schedule up or have an independent schedule in football

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

FF just doesn’t want to play Athens in every sport

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:18 pm FF just doesn’t want to play Athens in every sport
Yep, ff definitely can't match up with there track team

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:18 pm FF just doesn’t want to play Athens in every sport
I’d love to play Athens in football.

Serious note who would Fort replace Caldwell with? Most teams play league games that late in the year. I did see that Lima Central Cath is open week 8.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Caldwell isn't dropping us from what i hear. Coach wants to but administration doesn't want to because the gate is too big. Coach won't be there long enough to worry about it

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

You need to just get in the Ohio and then join the Hocking in 5 years after that. We got Warren the votes but now they don’t want in without their best friend Marietta

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:29 pm You need to just get in the Ohio and then join the Hocking in 5 years after that. We got Warren the votes but now they don’t want in without their best friend Marietta
Since when has athens voted for warren to join? They are the reason why warren isn't a member. Ff would compete with anyone in football and basketball in the tvc ohio. Which doesn't speak highly for those schools who are twice ff size.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I don't have an answer for you but the domination of the leagues by a team or two could eventually cause more teams to leave.
Miller left but is still playing Trimble but to my memory Miller has only beaten Trimble twice while they have been in the Hocking.
The last time was 20 years ago so it's hard to call that a rivalry---but I can see several reasons why Miller would stop playing them in the future.
There are several teams that fall into the same category as Miller.
I can't remember Southern ever beating them while they have been in the league together.
Eastern, Federal, and South Gallia's win total over the cats can be counted on one hand.
If you are struggling to field a team how does it help to play a team you can't beat?
Trimble and Fort Frye are to be praised for the status of their programs....but that success means you will have to play tougher and tougher teams.
If I'm wrong on Eastern's or Southern's win total I apologize but I'm pretty sure they don't have a kid on their team who can remember beating Trimble.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm Im pretty sure FF’s rival is Waterford. They are still playing
Waterford wishes they were Fort Frye's rival, but they're about 6 and 60. I don't know why they get all excited.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:13 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:04 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:35 pm I helped look for teams to schedule last year for this year so many teams told us no. I do agree playing up is def for the better if we can get bigger teams to play us.
Tell your AD to join the TVC Ohio. Man up and join
Yeah, driving to wellston would be great. Plus that conference isn't all that when it comes to football anyways. When the tvc finally adds warren and marietta then they can add a ff and have a 3 tiered league. Until then no reason to join
Do Vinton County and Wellston really want to drive to Beverly for a Monday night girls basketball game? How many people are going to drive from Lower Salem to watch a basketball game at Alexander?

If they are going to shake up a league with bigger schools, it should be The MVL. Morgan, Crooksville, Philo, John Glenn, West Muskingum, New Lex are easier to get to. Also, it gets them media in Zanesville

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Speaking of Wheeling Central
Is Fort Frye returning the trip in 2020 or was it a 1 year fill in contract

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

edforshey wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:32 am Speaking of Wheeling Central
Rematch At Wheeling next season.

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:15 pm
Green 50 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:48 pm In a previous post you talked about how the fort was playing a much bigger school in Meadowbrook, yet Meadowbrook is 39%larger than the fort . The fort is 42%larger than Caldwell as they have 78 high school boys why should they want to play the game especially when there hurting getting kids to come out in the first place ?
Last year Waterford had more players then Fort Frye. I think Meadowbrook had 66 players. I think Fort currently has 32-34 players.
you continue to argue this point for quite some time now...and I continue to respond with the same truths...your argument about number of players is illogical...the difference being that the talent pool that you get those players from is almost 3 times as good as smaller schools...yes coaching makes them better....but natural talent and ability you can't teach...in other words....for every stud that a smaller school has...a bigger school has two or three...therefore they have better talent on a roster with the same amount of kids....by your logic...a D5 school should beat a D3 school because they have more players......FF is on the verge of becoming a D5 school...i see them becoming d5 in less than 5 years.....they play D6 and D7 teams for the most part so they usually win... because they have better talent and better coaching with that talent...Trimble has been the same way with D6.... they finally moved up... if you really look at the schools that are close to advancing into a bigger school division... they are usually the successful programs year in and year out....

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

on that note and back to the question at hand...Waterford is the smallest school in the TVC...we are successful because of our rivalry with FF and, in the past 5 years or so, with Trimble...and I believe if that rivalry wasn't there... we wouldn't be as good... it gives the teams so much more to play for....

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:15 am
-------------------------
if it remains in week 6,
that going to make week 5 Williamstown and Week 6 Wheeling Central for Fort Frye
Yes, Fort is playing Williamstown in week 5 in 2020

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

edforshey wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 am
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:15 am
-------------------------
if it remains in week 6,
that going to make week 5 Williamstown and Week 6 Wheeling Central for Fort Frye
Yes, Fort is playing Williamstown in week 5 in 2020
I think Williamstown is week 4, Trimble week 5, WCC week 6

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

That's a tough 3 weeks

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

edforshey wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:22 pm That's a tough 3 weeks
With weight room progression the Cadets will be just as good next season. They only have 6 Srs.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

efarns wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:52 pm Do Vinton County and Wellston really want to drive to Beverly for a Monday night girls basketball game? How many people are going to drive from Lower Salem to watch a basketball game at Alexander?

If they are going to shake up a league with bigger schools, it should be The MVL. Morgan, Crooksville, Philo, John Glenn, West Muskingum, New Lex are easier to get to. Also, it gets them media in Zanesville
Fort Frye can’t be picky. They are in BFE with pretty bad facilities. The TVC is in the biggest market of Ohio University.

Return to “Football”