Alexander 10 - 13 Nelsonville-York

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK 8 Nelsonville-York (4-3) @ Alexander (4-3)

Post by noreply66 »

7/3 NY

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

My game recap

Ny 13 Alexander 10

What an ugly game... for both teams. First with Alexander, that program is definitely heading in the right direction and Coach Dean is doing a great job. The Spartans dropped a lot of passes tonight that hurt them big time including a wide open TD. They drove the ball well all night. Their QB is a player he was able to extend a lot of plays that looked dead and was a very good game manager for the Spartans. They also have a very good kicker.

For NY, not much better. Was without Keplar and Gail tonight but got Douglas back and he had a nice game. Bucks drove down the field multiple times and got in the red zone and did not score. Also missed two FG’s and had a long TD pass called back. Wilburn again did not have very many touches but finally gave him the ball out of a power formation and he busted an 85 yard TD run late in the game. Bucks went to a power formation out of the gun in the second half every once in a while with a FB and worked pretty decently. Defensively Alex ran the ball well on us all night, when we switched to a 5-3 it was hard for Alex to do much of anything but then we would go right back to 4-4 and get punched in the mouth. All in all a win is a win and the bucks will take it. Their slim sliver of hope stays alive and on to a very tough VC team. Good luck to the Spartans the rest of the way.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Alexander 10 - 13 Nelsonville-York

Post by mattash »

Alexander 10 - 13 Nelsonville-York

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Kosar »

Alexander well coached, seemed to move the ball at will unfortunately dropped passes being open. NY defense is just a big question mark, the one replacement on the line was a 140 lb freshman which anyone can imagine didn’t work well. #5 is lost on defense constantly throwing hands up and being told where he needs to be, happened last week also so tells me defense isn’t getting any coaching at all or he’s just not getting it. Either way, Athens will dominate.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Shotgun red wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:56 pm I have tried to have confidence in NY but I can no longer pick them to win. I have picked them 3 times in the weekly poll at the factory and they let me down all 3 times. I am going with Coach Dean and the Spartans in this one. He has the Spartans playing good football right now and from what I am hearing NY is still using the old Fed coach to call plays. I am taking Alex by at least 2 scores.
Please, bet against NY the rest of the way. If so, we'll be on our way to the playoffs and at least a share of the TVC Title. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

What was the taking a knee all about ?

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:40 pm What was the taking a knee all about ?
He doesn't have any type of real blocking in front of him so when he was completely surrounded by the entire opposing defense, he took a knee to keep from getting injured. That's what I was told. Said he has to much to lose to be getting injured in a meaningless high school game.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Entire team lol.

Return to “Football”