Southeastern 28 - 21 Unioto

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Re: week 8...Unioto @ Southeastern

Post by BullTank »

mlittle wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:53 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 pm Congrats to SE on a big comeback win. Complain about officials all you want as I'm sure there was some bad calls, but Unioto had plenty of times to make a play and tackle ruby and didn't. SE vs PV next week for SVC
Agree 💯. Usually never complain about officiating after a loss because I know how it looks, I get it. But this was so bad it needed to be said. Most coaches will tell you these tight games come down to 6-8 plays. When you can pin point 4/5 calls by a crew that actually dictate possession of the football or taking points off the board then it becomes game changing.

You don’t take a touchdown off the board because two kids shove each other after the play. You tell the 2 to quit being idiots and play on.

Got to attend this game... it was hardly 2 players pushing. SE defender hit the QB and the QB responded with a punch...should have been an ejection in my opinion! That is not a call to blame on the refs...discipline cost the Shermans a TD on that play and possibly the game!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

BullTank wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:49 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 pm Congrats to SE on a big comeback win. Complain about officials all you want as I'm sure there was some bad calls, but Unioto had plenty of times to make a play and tackle ruby and didn't. SE vs PV next week for SVC
Agree 💯. Usually never complain about officiating after a loss because I know how it looks, I get it. But this was so bad it needed to be said. Most coaches will tell you these tight games come down to 6-8 plays. When you can pin point 4/5 calls by a crew that actually dictate possession of the football or taking points off the board then it becomes game changing.

You don’t take a touchdown off the board because two kids shove each other after the play. You tell the 2 to quit being idiots and play on.

Got to attend this game... it was hardly 2 players pushing. SE defender hit the QB and the QB responded with a punch...should have been an ejection in my opinion! That is not a call to blame on the refs...discipline cost the Shermans a TD on that play and possibly the game!
I’ve already commented on the play in a later post and after watching the film I can’t disagree with anything you’ve said. I blame his parents. More on the mother side.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pktnred wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:41 pm It’s an easy fix!
They always are. It’s a blessing and a curse always being the smartest guy in the room

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:10 pm
BullTank wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:49 pm

I’ve already commented on the play in a later post and after watching the film I can’t disagree with anything you’ve said. I blame his parents. More on the mother side.
Lol

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Southeastern 28 - 21 Unioto

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Sounds like this one was a very good game to have seen in person.
Congrats Southeastern on another big, big win.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Re: Southeastern 28 - 21 Unioto

Post by RShifko »

Congratulations to SE winning but wow what a devastating loss for Unioto.....

Unioto had momentum on their side and their offense was making plays via the passing game Little probably had one of his better nights throwing the football all year. Unioto was making plays down the seams against SE. would have liked to see Unioto keep attacking them in the passing game. Thought Little and Carrol did a nice job making plays in the run game too.

The pass interference call was game changing really struggle to see how that is PI. The Carroll fumble is very questionable to me as well.

I thought the Unioto defense defended Ruby very well most of the ball game. Thought the Unioto defense played very good assignment football and was swarming to the ball all game long. Tough break to have the game change on the PI call.

Ruby is a special talent. He is a relentless competitor and he leads the Panthers they all play with a chip. They play great team football they are well disciplined and well coached. Congratulations to them on finding a way to win and steal a game where Unioto was the better team majority of the ball game for SE to win that game that’s a big win

Return to “Football”