BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Southeastern 28 - 21 Unioto

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Good grief..

O well, hoops season it is.

mlittle
SEOP

Re: The Shermans have hoops on there mind?

Post by mlittle »

Can’t wait

mattash
Site Admin

Re: The Shermans have hoops on their mind?

Post by mattash »

They do have some good hoops. They have a lot of injury's?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

We have like 2 kids on the football team that play basketball. Trust me, that ain’t it.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I agree. The Shermans might struggle but I don’t think anybody is tanking it!

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Jeff Metzler is one of the best coaches in the entire area. Unioto played a sloppy game with the Offense giving the ball away 4 separate times. Played an undisciplined game and seemed disengaged on the field. I don’t get it.
Even as poor as they played offensively in the first half being down 13-0 at the half. Coming out in the second half Carroll put the team on his back and gets the Tanks back in the game at 13-7 what followed was terrible for the Tanks.
Paint Valley is a great football team and well coached but no way is PV 41-13 better than the Tanks. I expect Metz to rally the troops and have the boys ready but what a sad second half last night. The offense hurt the Tanks against Adena and PVHS. Obviously the offenses performance is concerning because Carroll is special. The offense was rolling when using Carroll and Little in the running game. The offensive line has to be the biggest in the league. Major questions as to why the OC Netter tried to get cute. Against Adena and PV you get away from what was working. I really thought the Waverly game was going to fuel the Tanks for a special season.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:26 pm Jeff Metzler is one of the best coaches in the entire area. Unioto played a sloppy game with the Offense giving the ball away 4 separate times. Played an undisciplined game and seemed disengaged on the field. I don’t get it.
Even as poor as they played offensively in the first half being down 13-0 at the half. Coming out in the second half Carroll put the team on his back and gets the Tanks back in the game at 13-7 what followed was terrible for the Tanks.
Paint Valley is a great football team and well coached but no way is PV 41-13 better than the Tanks. I expect Metz to rally the troops and have the boys ready but what a sad second half last night. The offense hurt the Tanks against Adena and PVHS. Obviously the offenses performance is concerning because Carroll is special. The offense was rolling when using Carroll and Little in the running game. The offensive line has to be the biggest in the league. Major questions as to why the OC Netter tried to get cute. Against Adena and PV you get away from what was working. I really thought the Waverly game was going to fuel the Tanks for a special season.
The Waverly game was the most frustrating of the year because it shows what we can be when everything is gelling. Our offense has struggled all year which is bizarre given the talent we have on that side of the ball and the size of our line. Just doesn’t make sense. Definitely seem to be disengaged at times like you mentioned. coaches and players

Bearcatfan
Waterboy

Post by Bearcatfan »

RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:26 pm Jeff Metzler is one of the best coaches in the entire area. Unioto played a sloppy game with the Offense giving the ball away 4 separate times. Played an undisciplined game and seemed disengaged on the field. I don’t get it.
I don’t get it - Paint Valley beat Unioto 2 years in a row - yet they still aren’t good enough to beat the Tanks? Maybe someone should look at PV stats over the past few years...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bearcatfan wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:14 pm
I don’t get it - Paint Valley beat Unioto 2 years in a row - yet they still aren’t good enough to beat the Tanks? Maybe someone should look at PV stats over the past few years...
Paint Valley is a very very talented football team and very well coached. I don’t think many are surprised by the win. Just the absolute beating they gave us.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

The reason PV won is because they are flat out the better team. Went 10-0 last year with most everyone back. Yes losing Newland is a huge blow but with all the other weapons the Bearcats have I’m not surprised by the score. Southeastern will beat Unioto also. Unioto has talent but the fact is they are the 4th best team in the SVC this year

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Unioto is not a 30 point loss team to Paint Valley. JaMarcus Carroll is the best running back in the area. He is not a QB. He shouldn’t be asked to drop back and throw 3 step 5 step passes. That is not a formula to win. Unioto offensively played right into the strengths of the Paint Valley Defense.
Yes Paint Valley is amazing but no way is PV41-7 better than Unioto

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:54 pm Unioto is not a 30 point loss team to Paint Valley. JaMarcus Carroll is the best running back in the area. He is not a QB. He shouldn’t be asked to drop back and throw 3 step 5 step passes. That is not a formula to win. Unioto offensively played right into the strengths of the Paint Valley Defense.
Yea that QB swap was a head scratcher. Worked for the first series but that was it. Once we went down 28-7 with 9:30 left the regular QB should’ve went back in. Hiking the ball to the QB in the wildcat and having him run QB ISO’s 20 times in a row may work against teams you can over power but it ain’t gonna work against the top teams in this league. If you wanna run the wildcat with Carroll for a series here and there that’s fine but during the obvious passing situations the regular QB should be in the game. I may very well be way out in left field On my opinion which I normally am. 🤷‍♂️ At the end of the day it is what it is. These are still kids playing and the coaches aren’t making 5.6 million a year to coach them so it all kinda needs taken with a grain of salt.

And if you wanna play QB at Unioto you better be in cross country shape, lol!! Running 50-60 yards a down just going to the sideline to get the play from the OC and running back to the huddle almost every play. If they keep Little at QB he’ll be ready for basketball conditioning.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Mlittle couldn’t agree more. The offense has struggled all year because there is no flow and no rhythm to the scheme. They are making it hard for the players to make plays because they aren’t being put in high success positions.
It’s hard for a QB to get into a rhythm throwing the ball 20-30 yards down field. Have to utilize the opportunity to get the ball to your playmakers. Tough for any player to look good when the defense looks like they know what’s coming.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:55 pm
RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:54 pm Unioto is not a 30 point loss team to Paint Valley. JaMarcus Carroll is the best running back in the area. He is not a QB. He shouldn’t be asked to drop back and throw 3 step 5 step passes. That is not a formula to win. Unioto offensively played right into the strengths of the Paint Valley Defense.
Yea that QB swap was a head scratcher. Worked for the first series but that was it. Once we went down 28-7 with 9:30 left the regular QB should’ve went back in. Hiking the ball to the QB in the wildcat and having him run QB ISO’s 20 times in a row may work against teams you can over power but it ain’t gonna work against the top teams in this league. If you wanna run the wildcat with Carroll for a series here and there that’s fine but during the obvious passing situations the regular QB should be in the game. I may very well be way out in left field On my opinion which I normally am. 🤷‍♂️ At the end of the day it is what it is. These are still kids playing and the coaches aren’t making 5.6 million a year to coach them so it all kinda needs taken with a grain of salt.

And if you wanna play QB at Unioto you better be in cross country shape, lol!! Running 50-60 yards a down just going to the sideline to get the play from the OC and running back to the huddle almost every play. If they keep Little at QB he’ll be ready for basketball conditioning.
Cross country shape at Unioto means a little different than everywhere else in the district

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:15 pm Mlittle couldn’t agree more. The offense has struggled all year because there is no flow and no rhythm to the scheme. They are making it hard for the players to make plays because they aren’t being put in high success positions.
It’s hard for a QB to get into a rhythm throwing the ball 20-30 yards down field. Have to utilize the opportunity to get the ball to your playmakers. Tough for any player to look good when the defense looks like they know what’s coming.
The NFL is considered a copy cat league. Not sure why more teams don’t do it at the lower levels. A few weeks ago I know Piketon lost the game but managed to put up 500 yards and almost 40 points against the same PV defense. I mean no disrespect but that’s a 1-6 ball club that did that and I think we barely had 40 yards total offense at halftime. Doubt we cracked 150 for the game. If I were an OC I might’ve stolen a few plays from that Piketon game. Or maybe all of them.

FYI: if any coaches read this and think I’m some brilliant football mind that’s being wasted on selling cars for a living Hit me up 🤙

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:32 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Cross country shape at Unioto means a little different than everywhere else in the district
I’m guessing Little is logging 12+ miles a night just between plays. Gonna get him a Fitbit to start keeping track.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Exactly the concepts in the passing game were a problem. Vertical routes into the same area of the field. No concept routes where they worked multiple levels of the defense.
Paint Valley played man majority of the night with 9 in the box and they ran vertices. Tough to make plays trying to just run past a defender.
To make plays in the passing game simplify the routes and reads tell the QB here is the throw based on the defense let them make plays.
The third quarter out of wildcat back to back wheel routes with the back into a deep cover 3 with the flat defender doesn’t set up much chance of success. Especially the second time in a row just making it tough to make plays when the defense looks to know what’s coming

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Lots of sideline QB talk going on. Why is it more than the fact Unioto is what is is? Regardless of scheme. They don’t have the horses to beat the other top 3 teams.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bobby k wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:26 pm Lots of sideline QB talk going on. Why is it more than the fact Unioto is what is is? Regardless of scheme. They don’t have the horses to beat the other top 3 teams.
Decimated Waverly and I’m guessing Waverly goes 3-0 against PV Adena and Se. that’s why and yes tons of sideline QB talk. Haven’t figured out why coaches just won’t listen to me. We’d be 7-0 right now with a winning margin of 35+ points per game if they would just answer my phone calls instead of threatening to call the police for phone stalking. Geez

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:12 pm
The Waverly game was the most frustrating of the year because it shows what we can be when everything is gelling. Our offense has struggled all year which is bizarre given the talent we have on that side of the ball and the size of our line. Just doesn’t make sense. Definitely seem to be disengaged at times like you mentioned. coaches and players
Don’t gage anything on the win over Waverly.
Waverly still had a couple kids out, Shanks was about 50% to start the game and went down in the first quarter. Waverly was not prepared for an offense without Shanks and the defensive scheme with key players out was not good.
I guarantee you, we play Unioto 9 more times with Shanks at the 70% he’s at now and players we have available now, we win 9 times.
The Tiger team that destroyed Amanda is not the same Tiger team (personnel wise) that lost to Unioto.
I say all that to say don’t think Unioto should beat so and so or be this good or that good based on that Waverly win......

P.S. (I believe there is some basis for the head scratching - Unioto may have beaten Waverly last year had they stayed with what was working instead of playing into Waverly’s strength).
Last edited by smurray on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”