Belpre 7 - 35 Warren

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 8 Warren (4-3) @ Belpre (5-2)

Post by EasternDspy »

Some bad teams have put up points on the Warriors. Also for a D3 team Warren plays an awful schedule.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:40 pm Some bad teams have put up points on the Warriors. Also for a D3 team Warren plays an awful schedule.
Gotta build a program up somehow my guy. Apparently scheduling some wins is wrong too. Call us the underdog, whatever, it’ll all shake out Friday.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Football Fan 25 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm Just because you throw it all over the field 30-40 times a game doesn’t make you a better team !
It doesn’t, you are right. Have you seen Warren? How do you think Belpre counters that (honest question because I don’t know much about Belpre)?
Football Fan 25 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm Who
The heck have they really played ?
This will be the best win of the season for either team. Do you think Belpre would beat Marietta, Cambridge, or Williamstown? Do you think Warren could beat five TVC Hocking teams not named Trimble?
Football Fan 25 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm I hear every reason why Warren will beat Belpre but I like Belpre in this one .
That’s cool. Why? Some people have made a case for Belpre, what do you think?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:47 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:40 pm Some bad teams have put up points on the Warriors. Also for a D3 team Warren plays an awful schedule.
Gotta build a program up somehow my guy. Apparently scheduling some wins is wrong too. Call us the underdog, whatever, it’ll all shake out Friday.
The underdog narrative is all you I think the teams are even.

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

What big games has Belpre won?

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:47 pm
Football Fan 25 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm Just because you throw it all over the field 30-40 times a game doesn’t make you a better team !
It doesn’t, you are right. Have you seen Warren? How do you think Belpre counters that (honest question because I don’t know much about Belpre)?
This will be the best win of the season for either team. Do you think Belpre would beat Marietta, Cambridge, or Williamstown? Do you think Warren could beat five TVC Hocking teams not named Trimble?
Football Fan 25 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm I hear every reason why Warren will beat Belpre but I like Belpre in this one .
I hope warren would beat most of the hocking , it would take 3 schools to equal warrens enrollment

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Green 50 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:41 pm I hope warren would beat most of the hocking , it would take 3 schools to equal warrens enrollment
I think you missed the point. Neither team really has a marquee win that makes you say, "They are clearly better because they beat [whoever]."

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

I agree totally , warrens close loss to a well respected Williamstown was quite impressive I didn’t think this was going to be close because of that I think warren wins this one

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Big points game for Belpre

sfForL
Riding the Bench

Post by sfForL »

Football Fan 25 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm I hear every reason why Warren will beat Belpre ! Who
The heck have they really played ? That’s my question ? Just because you throw it all over the field 30-40 times a game doesn’t make you a better team ! Impressive stats for sure , but I like Belpre in this one .
Belpre’s last 5 games have been Miller, Wahama, Southern, FedHock, and South Gallia. Are you saying that’s a harder schedule than Warrens? If so you are mistaken

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

sfForL wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:55 pm
Football Fan 25 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm I hear every reason why Warren will beat Belpre ! Who
The heck have they really played ? That’s my question ? Just because you throw it all over the field 30-40 times a game doesn’t make you a better team ! Impressive stats for sure , but I like Belpre in this one .
Belpre’s last 5 games have been Miller, Wahama, Southern, FedHock, and South Gallia. Are you saying that’s a harder schedule than Warrens? If so you are mistaken
Least they’ve beat a team with a winning record. Also Belpre is D6.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

From what I've read on here Belpre has a better coach that's changed the program around but Warren has the DIII enrollment and 2 good pass receivers so I'll go with the Warriors.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre runs the ball really well and Warren can’t stop the run. Warren is going to score to though.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:32 pm
If you haven’t seen them in person, then you really have no argument. Last time I checked, Mike Devol isn’t Nick Saban. Our guy is pretty good too. You act like our program isn’t in the middle of a turnaround as well. And Belpre was in the playoffs in 2015 so they haven’t exactly been a dumpster fire.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:53 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:32 pm

If you haven’t seen them in person, then you really have no argument. Last time I checked, Mike Devol isn’t Nick Saban. Our guy is pretty good too. You act like our program isn’t in the middle of a turnaround as well. And Belpre was in the playoffs in 2015 so they haven’t exactly been a dumpster fire.
I don’t think I’ve said anything outrageous it’s obvious Warren has not did well vs the run. I never once said Warren didn’t have a good coach.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:40 pm Also for a D3 team Warren plays an awful schedule.
I knew this would come up at some point. It is tough to turn a program around if you don’t get kids out. And it is difficult to get kids out when the culture is awful. And it is difficult to have a great culture when you are so far over your heads that there seems to be no reasonable chance to compete.

Warren dressed around 28 kids at a game this year. No JV team, no freshman team. We didn’t even really have a 2nd string to put in because we have to try and rotate a lot of kids the whole game just to stay fresh.

With circumstances such that there is no league at the moment, the absolute best move was to tone down the schedule to where we might be able to be competitive. It wasn’t trying to schedule wins, it was trying to schedule competitiveness. Hopefully with a few wins, kids start coming back and the culture and competitive level gets back up to what you’d normally expect from a D3 school. Fans have already started coming back - the stands were close to full last night for the first time in a long time. It has been a necessary, temporary step.

Next year, Warren could be better and not win as many games. Dover, New Philly, I think Logan is back on the schedule. Probably too soon to take on some of that, but it isn’t like Warren joined the TVC Hocking so that they could feel like a powerhouse. Just had to start somewhere more reasonable and as it turns out, we’ve been able to win a few. The only real important part of it is that a kid gets 10 weeks a year to do something fun and those nights aren’t completely miserable this year.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:25 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:40 pm Also for a D3 team Warren plays an awful schedule.
I knew this would come up at some point. It is tough to turn a program around if you don’t get kids out. And it is difficult to get kids out when the culture is awful. And it is difficult to have a great culture when you are so far over your heads that there seems to be no reasonable chance to compete.

Warren dressed around 28 kids at a game this year. No JV team, no freshman team. We didn’t even really have a 2nd string to put in because we have to try and rotate a lot of kids the whole game just to stay fresh.

With circumstances such that there is no league at the moment, the absolute best move was to tone down the schedule to where we might be able to be competitive. It wasn’t trying to schedule wins, it was trying to schedule competitiveness. Hopefully with a few wins, kids start coming back and the culture and competitive level gets back up to what you’d normally expect from a D3 school. Fans have already started coming back - the stands were close to full last night for the first time in a long time. It has been a necessary, temporary step.

Next year, Warren could be better and not win as many games. Dover, New Philly, I think Logan is back on the schedule. Probably too soon to take on some of that, but it isn’t like Warren joined the TVC Hocking so that they could feel like a powerhouse. Just had to start somewhere more reasonable and as it turns out, we’ve been able to win a few. The only real important part of it is that a kid gets 10 weeks a year to do something fun and those nights aren’t completely miserable this year.
Well said. Hard for people not a part of it to understand. And next year is the year to get those type of teams back on the schedule. Might as well do it while you have the guys.

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

Green 50 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:41 pm
enigmaax wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:47 pm
I hope warren would beat most of the hocking , it would take 3 schools to equal warrens enrollment
Tell Williamstown that!!

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:25 pm

well said. Thanks

SouthernComfort
Waterboy

Post by SouthernComfort »

Warrior92 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:58 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:28 pm Belpre is better coached and better or defense and more physical. I think Belpre wins close.
Is that right???

Ok, I guess you got us there. More physical? Better defense? Better coached?

Now that’s funny!! :D

Belpre no match for Warren. Sorry. Warren wins by 20+.

Oh yeah by the way I could care less how big belpre is. Size of you players alone have never won a ballgame. If they can’t execute all they do is take up extra space.

Warren will beat them down, throw down their throat, and play good defense.
Will be another good game though.
Go Blue!!!
No one, and I mean no one, is better coached than Warren. Don’t believe me? Just ask them.

Return to “Football”