Southeastern 28 - 21 Unioto

mlittle
SEOP

Re: The Shermans have hoops on their mind?

Post by mlittle »

RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:28 pm Unioto has no passing game by design of their scheme. Very few QB look good throwing the ball 30 plus yards down field. That’s a tough task. Unioto passing game doesn’t create high percentage throws.

For Unioto on defense they will be in position to box up Ruby from the QB spot and they will make the rest of the Panthers beat them you have to know that Ruby is going to get his. Ruby will give you his 150-200 total yards and multiple scores
It’s like you are in my mind. Bizarre

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:33 pm
RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:28 pm Unioto has no passing game by design of their scheme. Very few QB look good throwing the ball 30 plus yards down field. That’s a tough task. Unioto passing game doesn’t create high percentage throws.

For Unioto on defense they will be in position to box up Ruby from the QB spot and they will make the rest of the Panthers beat them you have to know that Ruby is going to get his. Ruby will give you his 150-200 total yards and multiple scores
It’s like you are in my mind. Bizarre
Did we just become best friends?

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

I would’ve thought you would’ve been more in tune to the SVC this year. SE has three players in the top 5 in rushing yards per carry...

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Bobby k- I know the other SE kids benefit from Ruby being elite. Legit think they aren’t top 5 rushers in the league if not for Ruby. Sorry if my opinion is wrong but from what I have watched that’s my opinion as to why I feel like that.

MLittle- I just try to spit my truth. Glad we are seeing eye to eye. Been a lot of frustration watching the play designs

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:39 pm Bobby k- I know the other SE kids benefit from Ruby being elite. Legit think they aren’t top 5 rushers in the league if not for Ruby. Sorry if my opinion is wrong but from what I have watched that’s my opinion as to why I feel like that.

MLittle- I just try to spit my truth. Glad we are seeing eye to eye. Been a lot of frustration watching the play designs
Your truth is my truth

greygoose
SEOPS

Southeastern 28 - 21 Unioto

Post by greygoose »

Was looking for the thread so if I doubled posted sorry about that. Dang though this has to be Southeastern's toughest game of the season to date, has everyone wrote off Unioto so much that they're just chalking this up to Southeastern victory?? THoughts on this one as Southeastern now looks at Unioto, Paint Valley and Adena these final 3 weeks. Unioto game will be senior night as well for Southeastern.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: week 8...Unioto @ Southeastern

Post by greygoose »

3 losses by Unioto this year are to 3 teams that specialize in just lining up and running the ball. Given it's Ruby's last home game of his career, unless they land a home playoff game, going to take Southeastern in this one to keep rolling. I'm afraid Unioto might have checked it in for the season, a team that was just unable to keep momentum going after that big waverly win. Southeastern by 2 scores.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:39 pm Bobby k- I know the other SE kids benefit from Ruby being elite. Legit think they aren’t top 5 rushers in the league if not for Ruby. Sorry if my opinion is wrong but from what I have watched that’s my opinion as to why I feel like that.

SEs non-league schedule is embarrassing and haven’t played the top teams in the SVC yet.
I think most people thought the Waverly/Unioto game would have made or ruined the season for each respectively. Doubt many saw it unfolding like this.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

I was at the PV/Unioto game the other night and my observation is that PV is not 30 pts. better than the Shermans. In the 2nd half things started unraveling for them and anything that could go wrong did, some things were forced by the Bearcats but there were several unforced mistakes also. Unioto has some good players and if they go into SE with the right mind frame and a good defensive game plan they can hang with them. Diamond is a good LB and is quick enough to have a serious impact on the inside running game by SE. This game is closer than most think.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Unioto have played the tougher schedule, they’ll get the win

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Agree with you shoedaddy.

SE is not tested yet they have blown out a lot of bad teams. Especially going to be tough for them to match the size of Unioto upfront.

Really surprising how Unioto failed to use the Waverly win to fuel a strong SVC season. Waverly has rebounded perfectly from the setback beautifully and the team is getting better each week. Getting Shanks healthy is huge. Friday night should be exciting for the Tigers and Pirates match up

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Before the season, most people picked SE and Unioto to battle for third in the league, Behind Paint Valley and Adena. Both are sitting right where many predicted. SE at 7-0 with the meat of their schedule coming and Unioto needing a win this week to have a shot to finish 3rd. Should be a good game.
SE is Division 6, other than Eastern who is D-7, I don't have an issue with their non league schedule, Vinton County D-4 and Northwest D-5. It has worked out well the last 3 season especially when you add in 4 D-5 league games and a D-3 team, they have found the right formula to battle for play offs each year.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Look for Ruby to really ramp up the amount of carries over the next 3 weeks. He should be as fresh as one can be going into week 8. I expect a good game. I’ll take SE by a TD.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’m interested. I assume Unioto will bounce back and play better, if not SE will win.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Shoedaddy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:49 am

SEs non-league schedule is embarrassing and haven’t played the top teams in the SVC yet.
I think most people thought the Waverly/Unioto game would have made or ruined the season for each respectively. Doubt many saw it unfolding like this.
I agree about the Waverly unioto game. Offensively for us that game seems a distant memory.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

SE is going to come out crowd the line of scrimmage and challenge the Unioto defense to play smash mouth football. Gallagher knows for his SE Panthers to win games on Friday nights this style works. Unioto knows they will see the dive, power, trap, and toss and Ruby will get his 15-20 carries. Ruby will get to the edge and have a run pass option and Unioto will have to stop him the issue is no one has stopped Southeastern yet this year.
I know Metz will have the Tanks defense ready and he will have the Tanks fired up. This is a must win game for the Tanks excited to see how they respond after the 2 SVC losses time to play spoiler for the Tanks

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

RShifko wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:09 pm SE is going to come out crowd the line of scrimmage and challenge the Unioto defense to play smash mouth football. Gallagher knows for his SE Panthers to win games on Friday nights this style works. Unioto knows they will see the dive, power, trap, and toss and Ruby will get his 15-20 carries. Ruby will get to the edge and have a run pass option and Unioto will have to stop him the issue is no one has stopped Southeastern yet this year.
I know Metz will have the Tanks defense ready and he will have the Tanks fired up. This is a must win game for the Tanks excited to see how they respond after the 2 SVC losses time to play spoiler for the Tanks
I don't believe Ruby has seen 15-20 carries in any game, SE can use the spread at times. In terms of a must win for the Tanks that ship has sailed, they're playing for pride and spoiler now.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:39 pm
RShifko wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:09 pm SE is going to come out crowd the line of scrimmage and challenge the Unioto defense to play smash mouth football. Gallagher knows for his SE Panthers to win games on Friday nights this style works. Unioto knows they will see the dive, power, trap, and toss and Ruby will get his 15-20 carries. Ruby will get to the edge and have a run pass option and Unioto will have to stop him the issue is no one has stopped Southeastern yet this year.
I don't believe Ruby has seen 15-20 carries in any game, SE can use the spread at times. In terms of a must win for the Tanks that ship has sailed, they're playing for pride and spoiler now.
That ship sailed after the Adena game, lol.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Must win for pride of the Unioto program. This senior class was in the playoffs the last two seasons and now it’s a future defining season. A loss does a lot of damage to the culture that Metz has built around Unioto football this is a huge pride game for the Tanks. That’s why so am calling it a must win

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

How much does Unioto pass?

Return to “Football”