October 11, 2019 Warren 27 - 33 Williamstown (WV)

mattash
Site Admin

October 11, 2019 Warren 27 - 33 Williamstown (WV)

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
WWBBB
Freshman Team

Re: October 11, 2019 Warren - Williamstown (WV)

Post by WWBBB »

It will be a dog fight for sure...can't wait to see the improved defense with my own eyes after 2 away games! Confidence is building and I am hoping the community will come out for Homecoming and support all the Warrior kids Friday night!! LETS GO BIG BAD BLUE!!!

beg003
All Conference

Re: October 11, 2019 Warren - Williamstown (WV)

Post by beg003 »

Warren held Barnesville to -3 rushing yards, who is a team that relies on the run. If the defense plays like they did Friday, I like our chances. If Taylor can get time to throw, we can hurt them passing big time I think.

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Warren vs Williamstown

Post by Warrior92 »

Thoughts?

SouthernComfort
Waterboy

Re: Warren vs Williamstown

Post by SouthernComfort »

Between the comparative sizes of the schools and the clear coaching advantage of having Kimes & Lindamood, I’m not sure how little Williamstown and Coach Smith hope to compete.
Common opponent (Marietta) suggests that maybe Williamstown can keep it close though.

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

SouthernComfort wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:42 am Between the comparative sizes of the schools and the clear coaching advantage of having Kimes & Lindamood, I’m not sure how little Williamstown and Coach Smith hope to compete.
Common opponent (Marietta) suggests that maybe Williamstown can keep it close though.
Warren is improving but not ready for this match up , will be a good game to see if they have closed the gap

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Nice to see warren drop fort frye to go across the river to play williamstown. Lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Blue

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

Wiilliamstown flys to the ball and are pretty quick!! Both lines appear to be good on tape.
If Warren can be quick off the ball and stop the run, look out. I’m confident o-line will do ok.
We had a couple of missed blocks that lead to sacks last game. I’m sure they will get addressed this week. I’m not impressed with Williamstown’s passing game. It’s all about making good blocks and trying to run it down your throat. They tackle really good as well. You won’t see many high tackles. You know like the old days when kids used to put their helmet on the ball and tackle low. Man where has that style of tackling gone?

Warrens defense has done really good these last two games but now comes the real test. Make good tackles and game should be theirs for the taking.
Last year the game was decided really in the end of the third and fourth quarter. I think Warren has a much more potent offense this year than last and moving the ball should be to their advantage.
I’m confident Warren will give them a good game.

Go Blue!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Williamstown wins

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

To date, Williamstown is the best team Warren has faced. Warren better get some stops.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

bigreds88
Waterboy

Post by bigreds88 »

This should be a great game warren has greatly improved from last year and williamstown has stayed about same. Im taking warren in this one.

gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

Warren is looking dangerous this year. Williamstown lost their two of their best players from last years state finals team, and Warren was down 7-0 at halftime in last years game. Im taking warren 34-21

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Have a feeling Warrior Nation along with Willamstown fans will pack this game. This could be the game of the night.

Football Fan 25
Waterboy

Post by Football Fan 25 »

Should be great game. Warren’s offense against a solid Williamstown defense . Williamstown’s offense not too bad either.
Last edited by Football Fan 25 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sfForL
Riding the Bench

Post by sfForL »

35-20 warren. If they force the jackets to throw it, then they will be in great shape.

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

This is so redundant, but Warren has to stop the ground game of Williamstown. They like to play with two tight ends and a full back. They will split one receiver out and try to run down your throat off tackle. Usually they pull a guard and follow him into the hole. Against Marietta they kept four guys in and released the other three to block the line backers. Pretty impressive really how guys that size can block.
If I’m Warren I stack the line with numbers, go man on man with Their number one receiver #20 and leave one safety back but not real deep. I’m telling you if d-line can get pressure on qb. Game over for them. They throw very few times during a game and try to get you wore down by the fourth quarter. That’s just what they do!!

Maybe if Warren can get a couple of scores in the game early that game plan will change.
Having watched the buffalo game, Buffalo wasn’t too bad on the line. They just didn’t have the offense to put scores on The board.

Oh well, enough of my opinion.

This is why I’m writing on here and not in the press box coaching. 😁
This is just my take on the game this week.

Let’s shock Washington county and all the doubters who have called Warren football a joke.

Go Blue!!

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Warrior92 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:26 am This is so redundant, but Warren has to stop the ground game of Williamstown. They like to play with two tight ends and a full back. They will split one receiver out and try to run down your throat off tackle. Usually they pull a guard and follow him into the hole. Against Marietta they kept four guys in and released the other three to block the line backers. Pretty impressive really how guys that size can block.
If I’m Warren I stack the line with numbers, go man on man with Their number one receiver #20 and leave one safety back but not real deep. I’m telling you if d-line can get pressure on qb. Game over for them. They throw very few times during a game and try to get you wore down by the fourth quarter. That’s just what they do!!

Maybe if Warren can get a couple of scores in the game early that game plan will change.
Having watched the buffalo game, Buffalo wasn’t too bad on the line. They just didn’t have the offense to put scores on The board.

Oh well, enough of my opinion.

This is why I’m writing on here and not in the press box coaching. 😁
This is just my take on the game this week.

Let’s shock Washington county and all the doubters who have called Warren football a joke.

Go Blue!!
If we put Evan on 20, he becomes a non factor.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

96Champ wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:15 am Have a feeling Warrior Nation along with Willamstown fans will pack this game. This could be the game of the night.
Is this at Warren?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:15 pm
96Champ wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:15 am Have a feeling Warrior Nation along with Willamstown fans will pack this game. This could be the game of the night.
Is this at Warren?
Yessir. Biggest home game in who knows how long.

Return to “Football”