Re: Logan - Zanesville

Post by noreply66 »

27/07.....Z

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

34-7 Zanesville at half. Logan scored first and it’s been all Zanesville after that. McCarty out after taking a hard hit along the Logan sideline.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

44/14 final

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

I wasn’t too far off with my prediction of 42-7. As anticipated, the speed and passing ability of Zanesville hurt us. Our players put up a fight though. It’s moments like these that you can learn from the most. Remember boys.....iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Bring the fight to Meigs next week.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I think it's safe to say that's the best QB Logan will see all year. Man did he ever throw a beautiful ball! Them moon balls he unleashed were a site to behold, perfect spirals right in stride. Z-ville wasn't big at all except for a couple big guys on the line, Logan looked a lot bigger but them runners they had were too much for Logan. Z-ville got them out in space and let them do their thing. Jonny McClelland had a big ice bag on his knee when I left so I hope he all right.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Don’t give up

Use it for motivation

It’s comin chiefs

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chief02 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:19 pm I wasn’t too far off with my prediction of 42-7. As anticipated, the speed and passing ability of Zanesville hurt us. Our players put up a fight though. It’s moments like these that you can learn from the most. Remember boys.....iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Bring the fight to Meigs next week.
You nailed it!

Speed was a huge difference - and yes, the QB throws a great ball. ZHS is easily the best team we have or will see this season.

Hopefully Logan can get some of the banged up guys healthy for next week. Can't take Meigs lightly - that QB can sling it too.

Big game for ZHS - pretty much "win and in" for the Devils next week I think.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

No worries, Meigs is coming to town. Getting into the DV part of the schedule! 5-5 and a high water mark for the Chiefs. All jokes aside, Coach Eddy is going on an up side with the Chiefs, definitely a better team.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:46 pm Only Logan can turn a beat down into an 8 page thread
Don’t forget your contribution. We couldn’t have made it this big of a thread without your 5 posts. Thank you for your contribution bandit. 🤣

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:44 pm
Chief02 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:19 pm I wasn’t too far off with my prediction of 42-7. As anticipated, the speed and passing ability of Zanesville hurt us. Our players put up a fight though. It’s moments like these that you can learn from the most. Remember boys.....iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Bring the fight to Meigs next week.
You nailed it!

Speed was a huge difference - and yes, the QB throws a great ball. ZHS is easily the best team we have or will see this season.

Hopefully Logan can get some of the banged up guys healthy for next week. Can't take Meigs lightly - that QB can sling it too.

Big game for ZHS - pretty much "win and in" for the Devils next week I think.
Yes, I was getting concerned seeing the number of injuries rack up. It was good seeing and talking to you tonight locos.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I warned early in the week that speed would be a problem. Zanesville is the best team on Logan’s schedule.

The good news is the last 3 games are winnable and unless the Chiefs have major injuries, Logan should finish season on a 3 game win streak. That would build well for next year. I see some interesting JV wins that looks like the future is brighter.

Have gun, will travel
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Paladin wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:43 am I warned early in the week that speed would be a problem. Zanesville is the best team on Logan’s schedule.

The good news is the last 3 games are winnable and unless the Chiefs have major injuries, Logan should finish season on a 3 game win streak. That would build well for next year. I see some interesting JV wins that looks like the future is brighter.
Of course they are winnable. A DIV, DV, DIII

:mrgreen:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:46 am
Paladin wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:43 am I warned early in the week that speed would be a problem. Zanesville is the best team on Logan’s schedule.

Athens should have no trouble with little ol wellston Friday 😊

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Not that it mattered in this game, but does anyone know if a team is supposed to get a penalty for coming on the field late? Logan didn't come on until 7:02 pm. Could have sworn I have seen teams penalized for delay of game when that happens . Didn't notice anything done about it Fri. night. Maybe the officials have some kind of discretion over it ? 🤔

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:46 am

not as bad as Athens playing in a league were they are the larger school every time in every sport.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

cbolt wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:05 am Not that it mattered in this game, but does anyone know if a team is supposed to get a penalty for coming on the field late? Logan didn't come on until 7:02 pm. Could have sworn I have seen teams penalized for delay of game when that happens . Didn't notice anything done about it Fri. night. Maybe the officials have some kind of discretion over it ? 🤔
We wondered about that in the pressbox, too, bolt.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed it, locos. Even the band was looking around wondering what was going on. :lol:

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

I talked with Locos before the game and I told him Logan is better then they were at the beginning of the season but if Zville gets them in space the will win by 30. I guess I was right but what I will say is Logan played hard Zville wishes it had some of those big kids Logan has the biggest kid zville has is #55 he a soph Logan gets some speed in the next few years the program will get turned around the coaches are doing a great job with what they have I hope all kids that got banged up can get back and Logan finishes the season on high note. Also always good to see you Locos and the indoor is NICE!!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

zbd wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:16 am I talked with Locos before the game and I told him Logan is better then they were at the beginning of the season but if Zville gets them in space the will win by 30. I guess I was right but what I will say is Logan played hard Zville wishes it had some of those big kids Logan has the biggest kid zville has is #55 he a soph Logan gets some speed in the next few years the program will get turned around the coaches are doing a great job with what they have I hope all kids that got banged up can get back and Logan finishes the season on high note. Also always good to see you Locos and the indoor is NICE!!!
Yep, Zanesville did a great job exploiting Logan in space. Re-watched the film and a few times you can see mistakes by the Logan defense in alignment or responsibilities - but more often than not it was just a case of being out-athleted. ZHS did a good job of pass protection - part of that is getting rid of the ball quickly.

Will be interesting to see how many of Logan's injuries linger. I don't expect 24 back this week by any means, and with that kind of injury you want to be very careful. The rest? We'll have to wait and see.

Good luck to your Blue Devils. Big game on Friday. As I said earlier - win and in for the Blue Devils. I still think with the offensive balance you'll be a tough out.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:10 am
zbd wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:16 am I talked with Locos before the game and I told him Logan is better then they were at the beginning of the season but if Zville gets them in space the will win by 30. I guess I was right but what I will say is Logan played hard Zville wishes it had some of those big kids Logan has the biggest kid zville has is #55 he a soph Logan gets some speed in the next few years the program will get turned around the coaches are doing a great job with what they have I hope all kids that got banged up can get back and Logan finishes the season on high note. Also always good to see you Locos and the indoor is NICE!!!
Yep, Zanesville did a great job exploiting Logan in space. Re-watched the film and a few times you can see mistakes by the Logan defense in alignment or responsibilities - but more often than not it was just a case of being out-athleted. ZHS did a good job of pass protection - part of that is getting rid of the ball quickly.

Will be interesting to see how many of Logan's injuries linger. I don't expect 24 back this week by any means, and with that kind of injury you want to be very careful. The rest? We'll have to wait and see.

Good luck to your Blue Devils. Big game on Friday. As I said earlier - win and in for the Blue Devils. I still think with the offensive balance you'll be a tough out.
#24 was in the gym lifting the next morning. I was surprised to hear that.

Return to “Football”