Re: Vinton County - Shadyside

Post by noreply66 »

could turn out to be a good game

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Shadyside ! They have an excellent kicker too !

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This is going to be a very tough game for VC. Shadyside plays a very tough schedule, has some good skill players, and is tough at home. VC is going to feel like they've been on a cross-country trip by the time that they get there, whether they go up to Zanesville and over, or down Rt. 50 and up Rt. 7, it is a long haul. The atmosphere will be great, I hope the VC fans enjoy it. Shadyside is a nice place to watch a game, and their fans love their Tigers. Good luck to the Vikings.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Steely Dan wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:39 pm This is going to be a very tough game for VC. Shadyside plays a very tough schedule, has some good skill players, and is tough at home. VC is going to feel like they've been on a cross-country trip by the time that they get there, whether they go up to Zanesville and over, or down Rt. 50 and up Rt. 7, it is a long haul. The atmosphere will be great, I hope the VC fans enjoy it. Shadyside is a nice place to watch a game, and their fans love their Tigers. Good luck to the Vikings.
I thought this game was at VC?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It’s at Vinton. Should be a good one

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I like the direction VC is headed so far, but I think Shadyside just plays a tougher schedule to have them prepared, Shadyside by 3 scores.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Steely Dan wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:39 pm This is going to be a very tough game for VC. Shadyside plays a very tough schedule, has some good skill players, and is tough at home. VC is going to feel like they've been on a cross-country trip by the time that they get there, whether they go up to Zanesville and over, or down Rt. 50 and up Rt. 7, it is a long haul. The atmosphere will be great, I hope the VC fans enjoy it. Shadyside is a nice place to watch a game, and their fans love their Tigers. Good luck to the Vikings.
Game is at VC.

gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

Vinton not bad this year. Saw Shadyside play Barnesville in Jamboree. Not that impressed. VC-28 Shadyside-17

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

We need VC to pull this one out. Playoff points are at a premium right now so come on Vikings. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Former ATown Bomber
Waterboy

Post by Former ATown Bomber »

Not sure exactly what to think on this game. I believe it is actually a winnable game for VC and while it's not a TVC game I think a win here just boosts the confidence in everyone. Look for a close Game with hopefully VC on the winning end.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Good luck to the Vikings.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Shadyside lead Mogadore 21-14 before losing 28-21. They hare going to win this game they are loaded. QB Rhys Francis and All State Wr Kelly Hendershot are lethal. RB Wyatt Rieman is very dangerous as well. One thing Tigers don’t have is depth.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Vinton county takes the win.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

The two teams Shady lost to would destroy VC, Shady by 2 or 3 scores.

GRF
Waterboy

Post by GRF »

I am rooting for the Vikings. I think they can surprise Shadyside in McArthur

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

I'm not from Shadyside but a neighboring town. I really don't see V C winning this game. Shadyside starts a stick skinny soph #3 at QB , probably not 150 soak and wet, but he has a rocket for an arm and has thrown for about 1300 yards on the season. RB / LB is another soph at 160, runs and plays like he is 200 pounds nearly 800 rushing yards on the season. Win or lose the VC fans will be impressed with him. All State receiver #10 is fast and catches everything. TE/DE # 43 is a 4* long snapper probably going D1. Not huge on the lines but Shadyside does have a 6'5 310 # .
Last edited by outerbanksjake on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LonelyWinner
Riding the Bench

Post by LonelyWinner »

I could see VC pulling this game out late in the 4th quarter. good luck to both teams.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:57 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Game is at VC.
Shame on me. I know better. 99.99% of people list the away team first, but I forgot not on SEOPreps. I forgot that I had to confirm any game on Joe Eitel before I assume the way the game is listed is correct with the visiting team first. :shock: Off my soap box. Game is at VC, I still like Shadyside.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

I managed to watch a little bit of Shadyside's film on Hudl. Their offense looks like the real deal. Their RB runs HARD every single play, seems to burst through any hole the line makes for him. Line is very physical. The QB is a true dual-threat. He can really push the ball vertically down the field, but also can get yards with his feet.

Their defense looks like it is a bit smaller and relies on speed. I wouldn't say they got "bullied" on defense, but it just didn't look as strong as their offense.

This is where I think VC can really have the edge. VC's offense plays very physical and tries to wear down the opponents' defense. If they can control the line of scrimmage and create some long drives, then I think they can pull this out. Just cannot afford to turn the ball over, because Shadyside's offense looks like it won't have a problem to capitalize off of turnovers.

I think VC's defense is their most impressive unit (and has been all season long), but I think their offense is the key to victory in this one!

Return to “Football”