October 11, 2019 River Valley 0 - 35 Alexander

Notorious
Waterboy

Re: River Valley - Alexander

Post by Notorious »

Has nothing to do with score..and wellston had a few scores called back also..it’s just comments made by parents in and around the community is the topic here

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Pathetic is not an accurate enough word to describe the state of the RV program right now. They have better athletes than this...

Black n silver
Waterboy

Post by Black n silver »

Really hoping to see Young get to 1,000 by the end of the season I know he’s close. Even though the record doesn’t help, I’d like to see him get some more recognition in the TVC. Even if it’s unlikely he’ll win TVC player of the year.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Black n silver wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:19 pm Really hoping to see Young get to 1,000 by the end of the season I know he’s close. Even though the record doesn’t help, I’d like to see him get some more recognition in the TVC. Even if it’s unlikely he’ll win TVC player of the year.
This is one of the reason’s why you are so bad. Worrying about this. Wow just wow. If he would have been more of a team player over the years instead worrying about things like this you guys may have won a few more games.

On second thought probably not.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

I vote to officially adopt Eeyore as the RV mascot. I can hear him saying “Here we go again” every Friday.

Black n silver
Waterboy

Post by Black n silver »

galliagrad89 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:13 pm
Black n silver wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:19 pm Really hoping to see Young get to 1,000 by the end of the season I know he’s close. Even though the record doesn’t help, I’d like to see him get some more recognition in the TVC. Even if it’s unlikely he’ll win TVC player of the year.
This is one of the reason’s why you are so bad. Worrying about this. Wow just wow. If he would have been more of a team player over the years instead worrying about things like this you guys may have won a few more games.

If you would watch him play you’d see that he wears his heart on his sleeve and wants nothing more than to win. It’s people like you that discourage all of the kids on the team, talking down on them when you don’t even know the kids. But I’m just saying I’d like to see him reach it cause I know he’s close.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Black n silver wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:29 pm

If you would watch him play you’d see that he wears his heart on his sleeve and wants nothing more than to win. It’s people like you that discourage all of the kids on the team, talking down on them when you don’t even know the kids. But I’m just saying I’d like to see him reach it cause I know he’s close.
I’m not going down this road with you. I think all of these kids are already discouraged and it has nothing to do with what the public says. It started internally with the decision administration made on leadership.

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

galliagrad your comment is uncalled for too. You don’t know 24 obviously. He gives everything he has to the team. Reading comprehension must be tough for you since you’re a gallia grad but this poster said he hopes to see 24 get to 1000. How does that make 24 not a team player because someone else hopes he reaches a certain milestone?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

One things for sure, consolidation in early 90's hindered them in sports starting out in DII at the time. Then the debacle with South Gallia (or Hannan Trace if you wish) going back down river on their own because of distance between them and old Kyger Creek, North Gallia and part of old Southwestern area..... and then you can top that off with various kids going to the new Gallipolis City schools over the years. It's definitely still a work in progress after 25 or so years.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

galliagrad89 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:44 pm
Black n silver wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:29 pm

I’m not going down this road with you. I think all of these kids are already discouraged and it has nothing to do with what the public says. It started internally with the decision administration made on leadership.

Thank you. I’m sure the Raider fans would have loved to have Jacob Winters for the next four years. His dad earned that job with his work for RV, but the AD’s ego got in the way and he hired Jason Peck. You see, it all stays in the family at RV. Only those who played for the tradition-rich Raiders know how to coach at RV. If you want someone to blame, it’s the administration.... they chose this when multiple better paths were available.

For the record, I wouldn’t hire Jason Peck to mow my grass for fear that it would be too hard for him to intellectually process the job, let alone put him in charge of a football program. They either knew that too or are on the same intellectual plane, I can’t tell which one it is.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Pretty sure Winters never applied for the job.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Raiderball wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:17 am Pretty sure Winters never applied for the job.
But somebody should have said, “hey, Winters is the guy who helped build the program and was with Sparling from Day One, and by the way, let’s keep his kid in the program and his other kid enrolled here... maybe we should ask him if he’s interested in taking the job?”

Just saying.

— Dan Polcyn

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

I feel bad for the kids, they are the real ones who had to pay the price for inept administrators.

This hire ranks up there with basketball coaches we have hired over the past few years. They are so successful we just can’t keep them coaching after one or two years. Oh yeah, most of them were RV born and bred too.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:03 pm I feel bad for the kids, they are the real ones who had to pay the price for inept administrators.

This hire ranks up there with basketball coaches we have hired over the past few years. They are so successful we just can’t keep them coaching after one or two years. Oh yeah, most of them were RV born and bred too.
Part of that might be true... 6 coaches in 12 years.
2 were RV grads so saying “most” is not true.
I won’t get into a pissing match with you but will point out when you are wrong.
As for Jason Peck... go talk to him, talk to the AD, the principal or the superintendent. Posting negative comments on here doesn’t help anyone.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

madpolecat wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:19 am
Raiderball wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:17 am Pretty sure Winters never applied for the job.
But somebody should have said, “hey, Winters is the guy who helped build the program and was with Sparling from Day One, and by the way, let’s keep his kid in the program and his other kid enrolled here... maybe we should ask him if he’s interested in taking the job?”

Just saying.

— Dan Polcyn
I just think if he had interest in the job he would have applied or at least discussed it with those in charge of hiring. 🤷🏻‍♂️

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

If I remember correctly just two years ago there were RV fans and parents complaining about Sparlimg being the problem back then even after taking RV to the playoffs in 2015.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Raiderball wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:00 am
Edmond Dantes wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:03 pm I feel bad for the kids, they are the real ones who had to pay the price for inept administrators.

Part of that might be true... 6 coaches in 12 years.
2 were RV grads so saying “most” is not true.
I won’t get into a pissing match with you but will point out when you are wrong.
As for Jason Peck... go talk to him, talk to the AD, the principal or the superintendent. Posting negative comments on here doesn’t help anyone.

Is it a pissing contest or are you stamping your feet at me?

Of the 7 total coaches at RV, James, Deel, McClleland, and Peck were all products of GCLS due to their extended stay in the district. How did each one of those work out? The last 3 mentioned all had/have similar looking programs in terms of disarray on and off the field, turmoil, lopsided losses despite having athletic talent, and lack of wins...which is what RV is known for.

I will stop posting opinions though, as mine is worth as much as the next guy’s. Would you like me to post facts, those are probably even more negative lol.
Last edited by Edmond Dantes on Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Raiderball wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:12 am
madpolecat wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:19 am

Just saying.

— Dan Polcyn
I just think if he had interest in the job he would have applied or at least discussed it with those in charge of hiring. 🤷🏻‍♂️

To my knowledge, there were discussions and those were fumbled away. Nonetheless, there were more qualified candidates that interviewed.

Notorious
Waterboy

Post by Notorious »

I mean if I’m dan polcyn I guess I’d have a pretty easy time bashing a program I used to be a part of and coached with the current head coach when he was handed a program like wellston..that was build by mr Lucas himself...not polcyn..but again bashing does nobody any good here

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Taking a program and making it better and scoring more points is never a bad thing. That’s a credit to Coach Polcyn.

Unlike the current regime, who is 2-15 after RV went 21-19 over the previous 4 years.

Return to “Football”