Can Payton Shoemaker get 3000?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: Can Payton Shoemaker get 2000?

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Look, he’s a good back. I enjoyed watching his determination and gritty effort. I hope he plays at the next level, I’m sure he’s a great kid.
I wish him and the tigers luck moving forward

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
14U
S

Post by 14U »

I see he has 190 carries on the year. What does he avg a carry? I see the player from Portsmouth has 118 carries and around 300 yards behind. Have we ever had two backs in our area go over 2000 yards? If not it looks like these two could be the first!

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:26 pm
Shoedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:48 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:22 pm How much does he bench and squat?
Probably 250-275 & 450-475
No disrespect, no way. Not at 155lbs. He’s a good back, with crazy skill, but if he’s doing that on squat and bench he’s the strongest pound per pound back in America and should be in the Olympics
Finished 2nd in the state in his weight class this spring. Benched 250, squated 450. Bad deadlift kept him from first.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Shoedaddy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 am
Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:26 pm
Shoedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:48 pm

Probably 250-275 & 450-475
No disrespect, no way. Not at 155lbs. He’s a good back, with crazy skill, but if he’s doing that on squat and bench he’s the strongest pound per pound back in America and should be in the Olympics
Finished 2nd in the state in his weight class this spring. Benched 250, squated 450. Bad deadlift kept him from first.
Nice

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:50 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:45 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Carroll for unioto is squatting close to 450. He’s a back at about 215 lbs
At 215, i can believe. Not at 155
I was just giving reference to my son who is 15-20 lbs heavier than Shoe and is in that range. I was off on his squat like I said. He said at their last max day he got either 385 or 395 on squat. Which isn’t bad for a kid that size.his dead lift is in the mid 4’s. And I agree 450 squat sounds crazy for a kid at 155. Sounds like he was just kinda guessing anyway. I myself am the opposite. I weigh 450 and squat 155
Same on the personal squat, actually my hamstrings are so tight, I doubt I could get 155. According to Payton he squated 450. I witnessed him squat 415 in our basement last winter so with a suit on and he's probably put on 5-10 lbs of muscle I don't see the amazement? I had a squat that was above average for my weight in HS as well, 465 weighing 165. May be the only good genetics he got from me or the fact that our legs are so short we only have to squat about 3 inches to be below parallel?!? :D

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

14U wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:54 am I see he has 190 carries on the year. What does he avg a carry? I see the player from Portsmouth has 118 carries and around 300 yards behind. Have we ever had two backs in our area go over 2000 yards? If not it looks like these two could be the first!
Math says 8.82

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Shoedaddy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:30 am
Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:45 pm
At 215, i can believe. Not at 155
I was just giving reference to my son who is 15-20 lbs heavier than Shoe and is in that range. I was off on his squat like I said. He said at their last max day he got either 385 or 395 on squat. Which isn’t bad for a kid that size.his dead lift is in the mid 4’s. And I agree 450 squat sounds crazy for a kid at 155. Sounds like he was just kinda guessing anyway. I myself am the opposite. I weigh 450 and squat 155
Same on the personal squat, actually my hamstrings are so tight, I doubt I could get 155. According to Payton he squated 450. I witnessed him squat 415 in our basement last winter so with a suit on and he's probably put on 5-10 lbs of muscle I don't see the amazement? I had a squat that was above average for my weight in HS as well, 465 weighing 165. May be the only good genetics he got from me or the fact that our legs are so short we only have to squat about 3 inches to be below parallel?!? :D
This is a true statement. Shorter people don't have to burn as much lactic acid or burn as much oxygen when lifting. It gives them some of an advantage. This thread is strange though. It started out as a question as to whether he could hit 2000 yards but has turned into what he can bench, squat, etc. Shoemaker is fun to watch and a terrific talent but I don't see credit given to offensive line, play calling, the ability to stretch the field with shanks and futhey, so defenses have be balanced and can't play as much run support allowing him to get in space more. I see a lot of things but not that.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

laser breath wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:07 am

This is a true statement. Shorter people don't have to burn as much lactic acid or burn as much oxygen when lifting. It gives them some of an advantage. This thread is strange though. It started out as a question as to whether he could hit 2000 yards but has turned into what he can bench, squat, etc. Shoemaker is fun to watch and a terrific talent but I don't see credit given to offensive line, play calling, the ability to stretch the field with shanks and futhey, so defenses have be balanced and can't play as much run support allowing him to get in space more. I see a lot of things but not that.
Earlier in this thread the O-line was talked about. Reference was made to Shoemaker having a cookout for them and feeding them some steaks. I talked to a couple kids and confirmed that this did happen. Shoemaker has made reference to his line in a couple interviews also. He knows they do work for him and obviously greatly appreciates it. If you watch him play, you can see him sit back and wait just long enough for the line to do its job and then he hits the hole like a race car and is gone.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

OldTiger wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:26 am
Earlier in this thread the O-line was talked about. Reference was made to Shoemaker having a cookout for them and feeding them some steaks. I talked to a couple kids and confirmed that this did happen. Shoemaker has made reference to his line in a couple interviews also. He knows they do work for him and obviously greatly appreciates it. If you watch him play, you can see him sit back and wait just long enough for the line to do its job and then he hits the hole like a race car and is gone.
Any good back will tell in every interview that it couldn’t be done with the Big Hogs up front. The steak is icing on the cake and great to get closer to each other. I seen where Zeke bought all his linemen John Deere 6 wheelers, others dinners etc!! Point is those big guys need love too! I’d say 3/4 of the fans in stands watch the ball but I watch the line first after the back clears the line then it’s time to watch ur back.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Yes, people asking questions have made this thread weird. If Waverly was fully healthy, the 2,000 would have been much tougher as the passing game would have been utilized more. Not many are talking about it, but Wolfe still isn't 100% from his injury during basketball and obviously Shanks is struggling as well. His line does a marvelous job and as always, they get blamed when things go bad and the backs & receivers get the glory when they have the holes and time. He has a great relationship with the linemen and always likes to celebrate with them because he knows where his bread is buttered. Type of offense has helped get him in space but when Waverly played Fairland they didn't have Shanks and most of the night Payton was in the Wildcat, they knew he was running right and the line opened up some big holes and he made some nice runs to the tune of 363. He's a really good kid, in spite of his father.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I believe with the passing he would still get his yards!! Went u pass it backs up everybody and as fast and quick as he is in open field the yards would come up in chucks. Look at Portsmouth runningback, everybody in the stadium knew Parker was getting the ball because they had no passing last year and earlier this season but that as changed and took the pressure off him. Parker still had over 2000 plus last year and would be right at or over 2000 this year but didn’t play offense against river valley and first half against Fairland and don’t know why.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Nothing about the yardage but I want to say Shoe is a great kid. I favor 2 kids on the Tiger team because of what they did for my son. Shoe is one. His freshman year was the year Shoe started and Swepston came back. They were involved in some early summer learning with those two because they were all learning the program. When my son wanted to quit because of personal reason those two kept him playing and out of trouble.

If any kid deserve the praise it is Payton. Great kid on and off, he supports and appreciates his line, his scout team defense and even players who spend the season on the sideline. I believe he can do it, and I hope to see him take Montavon's record Friday night.

What is the exact yardage needed for school record

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:54 pm Nothing about the yardage but I want to say Shoe is a great kid. I favor 2 kids on the Tiger team because of what they did for my son. Shoe is one. His freshman year was the year Shoe started and Swepston came back. They were involved in some early summer learning with those two because they were all learning the program. When my son wanted to quit because of personal reason those two kept him playing and out of trouble.

If any kid deserve the praise it is Payton. Great kid on and off, he supports and appreciates his line, his scout team defense and even players who spend the season on the sideline. I believe he can do it, and I hope to see him take Montavon's record Friday night.

80 breaks it

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Shoedaddy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:08 pm
Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:54 pm Nothing about the yardage but I want to say Shoe is a great kid. I favor 2 kids on the Tiger team because of what they did for my son. Shoe is one. His freshman year was the year Shoe started and Swepston came back. They were involved in some early summer learning with those two because they were all learning the program. When my son wanted to quit because of personal reason those two kept him playing and out of trouble.

80 breaks it
I tend to get a little excited on the mic - I’ll try not to get too excited when he breaks it Friday night.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Lol we will only hear the first 3 words so it is ok. Lol

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Might be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. Do/will they do anything for the player if/when he breaks the record? In basketball, when a player breaks a record or hits 1000 points, they stop the game and all that. I just wondered if they did anything like that in football? Good luck to the young man though.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

transplant wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:32 pm Might be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. Do/will they do anything for the player if/when he breaks the record? In basketball, when a player breaks a record or hits 1000 points, they stop the game and all that. I just wondered if they did anything like that in football? Good luck to the young man though.
Zach wanted to be there but i haven’t heard anything

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I think he has a great shot at eclipsing 2,000, wish him well. He is really going to have to carry a heavy load if Shanks is out. Best wishes!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Matthews got 264 on the ground against Waverly. He's not a running back....until they need him to be.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

And I'm not buying those weight numbers either. Sorry, not at 155. That's otherworldly.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”