October 11, 2019 Oak Hill 0 - 55 Wheelersburg

Post by burgfella69 »

thoughts?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: Week 7: Wheelersburg at Oak Hill, Oct 11

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Calpreps 35-6 burg

No rest for the road warriors. Hoping this is not a trap game with waverly in two weeks for homecoming. I don’t think any of the kids would have that thought in their head, but again, they’re kids.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:10 pm Calpreps 35-6 burg

No rest for the road warriors. Hoping this is not a trap game with waverly in two weeks for homecoming. I don’t think any of the kids would have that thought in their head, but again, they’re kids.
Oak hill will cause problems if burgs defense doesn’t stay aggressive. They have big dudes and will run down hill to chew clock. Nothing fancy out of the oaks. Burg took a step forward offensively with horsley at qb but I’m not sure if the coaches won’t want to keep developing masters. I’d say they will play both. Have different sets. Just a guess. Horsley May be given the keys.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Oak hill will cause problems if burgs defense doesn’t stay aggressive. They have big dudes and will run down hill to chew clock. Nothing fancy out of the oaks. Burg took a step forward offensively with horsley at qb but I’m not sure if the coaches won’t want to keep developing masters. I’d say they will play both. Have different sets. Just a guess. Horsley May be given the keys.
I’m still not sold on strong pirate (23). He’s not setting the edge or getting blocked and not shedding, etc.
I like the Tampa two look tho

Tell me what you see?

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:25 pm

I’m still not sold on strong pirate (23). He’s not setting the edge or getting blocked and not shedding, etc.
I like the Tampa two look tho

Tell me what you see?
He’s athletic enough and strong enough. Just needs a little more experience

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

The oaks have maybe 25 total passing yards on the season, they will dominate you on the lines but so far this season once the opponent stacks the box they struggle mightily

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History:
1930: Oak Hill 30 Burg 0
1931: Burg 12 Oak Hill 0
1932: Oak Hill 31 Burg 7
1933: Oak Hill 15 Burg 6
1934: Oak Hill 6 Burg 0
1935: Burg 14 Oak Hill 12
1936: Tied, 0-0
1937: Burg 33 Oak Hill 0
1938: Burg 26 Oak Hill 0
1939: Oak Hill 26 Burg 12
1950: Oak Hill 53 Burg 0
1951: Oak Hill 51 Burg 0
1956: Oak Hill 40 Burg 25
1957: Burg 20 Oak Hill 12
1967: Burg 24 Oak Hill 0
1968: Burg 58 Oak Hill 22
2005: Burg 34 Oak Hill 13
2010: Oak Hill 29 Burg 22
2011: Burg 41 Oak Hill 0
2014: Burg 54 Oak Hill 7
2015: Burg 48 Oak Hill 0
2016: Burg 42 Oak Hill 0
2017: Burg 44 Oak Hill 0
2018: Burg 37 Oak Hill 6

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Burg pounds this out 35-7

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burgers get the W

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Oak Hill got a really nice win against Valley last week, but Valley right now has been hit really hard with injuries to the offensive side of the ball. Still think the oaks are struggling offensively as someone stated lack of a passing game is really hurting. It will be interesting to see how burg handles this game in the beginning, coming off a big emotional OT win against Minford 1 week and if they get caught looking ahead to Waverly the next week. Burg could start out a bit slow in this one but I think they'll pick it up and Burg pulls out the win by 3 scores.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Oak hill will cause problems if burgs defense doesn’t stay aggressive. They have big dudes and will run down hill to chew clock. Nothing fancy out of the oaks. Burg took a step forward offensively with horsley at qb but I’m not sure if the coaches won’t want to keep developing masters. I’d say they will play both. Have different sets. Just a guess. Horsley May be given the keys., that has a
I haven't seen OH play any game at all this year, I have a friend that I worked with that has a son on ( Freshmen ) the team, and from time to time he informs me how they are doing. I know he has told me that they have no passing game whatsoever. They are mostly just a running team, I'm not saying that you are wrong, but by saying "big dudes", if you are saying big running backs, they have very average size kids. I know I was wrong when I said that Valley would beat them, I'll try again. Burg will beat them, and it probably won't be close.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

When Oak Hill played NY, they were very one dimensional. They probably threw the ball 5 times at the most. Their RB’s are average sized as stated above but they do run hard. I don’t see Burg having much of a problem here.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: Oak Hill - Wheelersburg

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Load the box, Mano y Mano. I love it

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Wheelersburg wins then bangs their chest about how they are back and should’ve beat Ironton and Jackson .

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Larry, burg never went no where. No comeback,burg been here for years. Ironton don't have any more rings than burg.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Larry Larry Larry, ur Tigers had burg 10-6 with burg without a QB. I was at my sons game but watched it on my phone and Irontons fumble was in a burg lap but bounced out, ur Tigers were lucky they didn’t recover that fumble because ur tiger tails would have been up between ur legs!! Lol. Then I watch Russell go up and down the field and inside the 15, 4 times. Also the tiger TD was incomplete but ref turned his head and motioned touchdown. The player was in the air before he touched the ground Russell knock it loose. It should have been 3-0 Ironton, Russell ball with time left for them to score with momentum but we will never know!!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Larry, you're cute, but not smart,just the kinda girl everybody wants to meet when it's 4th and long.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:55 pm Larry, you're cute, but not smart,just the kinda girl everybody wants to meet when it's 4th and long.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg grad 85
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg 33-14

Return to “Football”