October 11, 2019 Waverly 51 - 7 Valley

Blitz
Varsity

Re: Waverly - Valley

Post by Blitz »

I'm interested too lol Hey crab's bro ... how is the younger Glover doing? I heard he suffered a preseason injury and was wondering if he has returned? He was a really solid player at burg last year and I thought he would be able to help at the varsity level for you guys this year

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

he might need to tell someone, apparently the coaching staff doesn't know he is a stud either.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Waverly too much for the young Indians this year.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Valley coming in at 4-2 and ranked 9th in regional 24. A win here and the Indians would move in to the top 8 which would qualify them for the playoffs for the time being.

Huge game for BOTH teams.

Vitally important that Waverly show up revved up and ready for this one. Anything less and we could go down. Looking for senior leadership to make sure the team is focused. Go Tigers!!

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

toast wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:23 pm Valley coming in at 4-2 and ranked 9th in regional 24. A win here and the Indians would move in to the top 8 which would qualify them for the playoffs for the time being.

Vitally important that Waverly show up revved up and ready for this one. Anything less and we could go down. Looking for senior leadership to make sure the team is focused. Go Tigers!!
Isn't that one of the weaknesses. The senior leadership. What do they have 3 or 4 that play

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Waverly should win big. But I have to give valley props they started the season way better than many expected. A young team that has been hit with a lot of injuries I look for them to be really good the next couple years.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:31 pm
toast wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:23 pm Valley coming in at 4-2 and ranked 9th in regional 24. A win here and the Indians would move in to the top 8 which would qualify them for the playoffs for the time being.

Isn't that one of the weaknesses. The senior leadership. What do they have 3 or 4 that play
Senior leadership for Waverly is just fine. Granted numbers are low but quality is high. Shoemaker, Diener and Swepston to name a few. They'll have the team ready! :)

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:59 pm I'm interested too lol Hey crab's bro ... how is the younger Glover doing? I heard he suffered a preseason injury and was wondering if he has returned? He was a really solid player at burg last year and I thought he would be able to help at the varsity level for you guys this year
Not crabs but he came in last week because the older glover was out with injury and our other 2 starting backs went out he played really well I wasn’t sure who he was at first because they don’t have him listed in the program

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Before Valley was stung with the injury bug I thought they could probably keep this one close through much of the game.

Now I think it's a boat race.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

toast wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Senior leadership for Waverly is just fine. Granted numbers are low but quality is high. Shoemaker, Diener and Swepston to name a few. They'll have the team ready! :)
Zack Brown is a senior too big help. Just a small senior group, I always worried about thier leadership seems like alot of quite boys. But I never been on field with them, they may change there.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

CalPreps October 10th update. SOCII

Minford (OH) at Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth, OH), 7:00pm [projection: Minford (OH) 46-17]
Valley (Lucasville, OH) at Waverly (OH), 7:00pm [projection: Waverly (OH) 31-17]
Wheelersburg (OH) at Oak Hill (OH), 7:00pm [projection: Wheelersburg (OH) 35-6]

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Valley has a good freshman class, the problem going forward will be numbers. Middle school is playing a 7th grade schedule with 12 kids total between both grades and not fairing well at that.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:01 pm
Zack Brown is a senior too big help. Just a small senior group, I always worried about thier leadership seems like alot of quite boys. But I never been on field with them, they may change there.
There are 7 Seniors on the team this year:

Payton Shoemaker Starting RB/DB
Zack Brown Starting RG
Dakota Sweptson Starting LB
Greyson Diener Starting K/Punter/ DB
Kenny Cydrus Starting DT
Hunter Ward Starting on all special teams/special defense packages
Trevor Magwin Alternates at Nose.

They are all fairly quiet, however very respected in each one of their player groups. They lead by example. You can pick out any piece of film and will see one or more of these boys leading the charge and laying the smack down. Walk softly and carry a big stick, ya know.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OldTiger wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:19 pm
Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:01 pm

There are 7 Seniors on the team this year:

Payton Shoemaker Starting RB/DB
Zack Brown Starting RG
Dakota Sweptson Starting LB
Greyson Diener Starting K/Punter/ DB
Kenny Cydrus Starting DT
Hunter Ward Starting on all special teams/special defense packages
Trevor Magwin Alternates at Nose.

They are all fairly quiet, however very respected in each one of their player groups. They lead by example. You can pick out any piece of film and will see one or more of these boys leading the charge and laying the smack down. Walk softly and carry a big stick, ya know.
A small group of seniors but very IMPACTFUL. Getting Zack back mid season was very helpful for the line, adding depth. Sweptson was injured and out for a while but he is back. Having these two guys back adds to that senior leadership.
Tigers are extremely young and have responded very well to that awful loss to Unioto.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

This is going to be a bludgeoning. Watched film on valley earlier in the year.

Waverly 49
Valley 13

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:26 pm This is going to be a bludgeoning. Watched film on valley earlier in the year.

Waverly 49
Valley 13
If, and a big if at that, if we get up big I’m sure Coach Crabtree will pull the starters and take the foot off the gas like last week at West. Up 37-0 before halftime when starters were pulled. JV nearly scored before halftime.
If that happens I don’t see us scoring 49 unless Valley puts a few scores on the board.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:40 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:26 pm This is going to be a bludgeoning. Watched film on valley earlier in the year.

Waverly 49
Valley 13
If, and a big if at that, if we get up big I’m sure Coach Crabtree will pull the starters and take the foot off the gas like last week at West. Up 37-0 before halftime when starters were pulled. JV nearly scored before halftime.
If that happens I don’t see us scoring 49 unless Valley puts a few scores on the board.
Ok, 49-20

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Waverlys already impressive win over Amanda is looking even more impressive after seeing Amanda beat a really solid Bloom Carroll team last week. I watched Carroll pound Hamilton Township a couple weeks ago on the Thursday night game of the week. If the Waverly team that beat Amanda and West shows up then it will be a long night for Valley and every one else left on the schedule.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the waverly tigers. from an ole ironton fighting tiger.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:59 pm I'm interested too lol Hey crab's bro ... how is the younger Glover doing? I heard he suffered a preseason injury and was wondering if he has returned? He was a really solid player at burg last year and I thought he would be able to help at the varsity level for you guys this year
Ethan burst onto the scene last week. Ran the ball hard and played well. Valley is now down quite a few bodies, so he should be seeing quite a bit of time over the last 4 weeks.

I believe someone said his older brother was out with an injury. Not correct. His season is over as the OHSAA ruled him ineligible after 5 because the family didn't move in time. All of the shady things that go down and a kid that is trying to do things correctly gets punished.

Return to “Football”