October 11, 2019 Waverly 51 - 7 Valley

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly - Valley

Post by smurray »

will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:11 pm Voice of reason must be a valley coach with stats like that. But I agree that most of those young men did touch the ball and while doing so do well with it. I like how you seem to be offended by the stat boosting comment and Crabtree the winningest coach in SOC history. I don’t know where you got that but okay let’s roll with it. If he is the winningest coach in SOC history then why in the hell did he not do a quarterback keeper from the 1 yard line ? Plus before the half he had a chance to kick a pat , why didn’t he ? Mister voice of reason. Stay on the bench there is a reason why your there
Before the half he had a chance to kick a PAT? Did he go for 2 and didnt get it. I didn’t follow the game.

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

Not a coach. Just been around for years. Have been on this board and others for years. I pay attention to the game, not just my kid. My point is you start calling coaches out because your little Johnny didn’t get the ball enough. Your grapes seem awfully sour. But as a casual observer, I’ll play devil’s advocate here... Did Valley run a sneak on 4th and inches earlier in the game? What was the result? Did they run a dive on 3rd and goal from the 1? What was the result? Not taking the FG is a legitimate question. Maybe Valley should have ran a trick play like the week before. Again, that would be a legit question. Saying plays were called to pad stats is only something said by a jealous parent.

The point of responding to your comments is to show you just how hypocritical you’re being. Oak Hill beat Valley up on the line most of the night. They did so again on the final plays of the game.

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Smurray

Valley went for a TD before half instead of a short FG.

will_eye_am74
Waterboy

Post by will_eye_am74 »

who is this @$$
Last edited by will_eye_am74 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Well I think you’re watching a different game than the rest of us. But can you please let us know what position the stud is taking a backseat to a freshman? The freshmen I’ve seen on the field have all performed and only been out there since injuries happened.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:41 pm My grapes aren’t sour and I don’t have a little Johnny on the field but I know a player when I see one and valley has a stud taking the backseat to to a freshman and you can defend it til your blue in the face and call me a hypocrite or what ever big word you find to make your self fell better. When a better player takes a backseat to another player it should be because he better be a ball player and I still yet to be impressed. With that being said I really was just trying with my original post say valley had a lot of talent that was being overlooked but you turned it into something it wasn’t. So the real question here is why so defensive and who is little Johnny because I guess he is being shafted to. The play calling in all wasn’t so bad if you was #1 I mean how many reverses or sweeps did Valley try to run with him ? He got tackled by a kid already on the ground and still kept getting the ball. So what I am getting out of this is valley has no more backs.. not good waverly may just pummel them !! O I didn’t get to watch the game against northwest I was out of town but heard it was a good one

Yeah the northwest game was a good one and we won because of how good #1 is he stepped up big time they are down to only 2 healthy backs I think and both are freshmen so not sure who you think isn’t being treated right

will_eye_am74
Waterboy

Post by will_eye_am74 »

dam water boy
Last edited by will_eye_am74 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

My kid was a JV player last year. Haven’t seen anyone playing JV that is ready for Varsity carries now that Glover has moved up. I can’t think of any other healthy players that play the position.
Last edited by Baseball_Dad on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Voice of Reason wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:35 pm Smurray

Valley went for a TD before half instead of a short FG.
Ya, I asked that because he said he should have gone for a PAT (point after). I figured he was meaning a FG...……… LOL

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:59 pm So what you and the other gentleman is saying is that Valley has no other backs to run the ball but Arnett. Dam that stinks. Plus I never said anyone was being miss treated I believe I said over looked. But thank you for twisting my words. Argue til your blue in the face Arnett isn’t as good as you want him to be 27 carries for 134 yards isn’t that good. I got those from sosa. Now I am not saying he is a bad player or person so please don’t twist my words. This is my opinion so please don’t take it personal or make it personal because it’s not. I have been watching a couple of young boys play and yes we are related but I am just extended family member so my opinion may be a little bias but I try to be fair.
I dunno, but a freshman going 27 carries for 134 yards sounds pretty good to me.*

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

How many boys do you guys have out? Reguardless of outcome of the game, I like to see the kids get to play. We too have had injuries we had 4 or 5 starters out this year but thankfully it has been a week or two for each kid. They are all getting some time in. I hope your players are not out for the season

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:59 pm So what you and the other gentleman is saying is that Valley has no other backs to run the ball but Arnett. Dam that stinks. Plus I never said anyone was being miss treated I believe I said over looked. But thank you for twisting my words. Argue til your blue in the face Arnett isn’t as good as you want him to be 27 carries for 134 yards isn’t that good. I got those from sosa. Now I am not saying he is a bad player or person so please don’t twist my words. This is my opinion so please don’t take it personal or make it personal because it’s not. I have been watching a couple of young boys play and yes we are related but I am just extended family member so my opinion may be a little bias but I try to be fair.
I sure didn’t start engaging you on here because about defense or promotion of a certain player. But as you said, you weren’t at the Northwest game. It was an extremely impressive performance from a kid that wasn’t getting carries at that point in the year. All of the freshmen seeing time have been impressive, especially since all except Perkins were forced into the role by injuries. Perkins has been the top receiver all year. I’m sure the Valley coaches would like to have their squad intact from game 1, but that’s not been the case. With the way the injury bug has hit the Indians I’m sure they’d welcome a “stud” onto the field.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:41 pm My grapes aren’t sour and I don’t have a little Johnny on the field but I know a player when I see one and valley has a stud taking the backseat to to a freshman and you can defend it til your blue in the face and call me a hypocrite or what ever big word you find to make your self fell better. When a better player takes a backseat to another player it should be because he better be a ball player and I still yet to be impressed. With that being said I really was just trying with my original post say valley had a lot of talent that was being overlooked but you turned it into something it wasn’t. So the real question here is why so defensive and who is little Johnny because I guess he is being shafted to. The play calling in all wasn’t so bad if you was #1 I mean how many reverses or sweeps did Valley try to run with him ? He got tackled by a kid already on the ground and still kept getting the ball. So what I am getting out of this is valley has no more backs.. not good waverly may just pummel them !! O I didn’t get to watch the game against northwest I was out of town but heard it was a good one
I have missed maybe 10 valley games in 25 years. I've seen a lot. I have to know who this "stud" is. Please give me the name.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Sorry that was autocorrect I meant to say misused

WhiteGoodman
Waterboy

Post by WhiteGoodman »

I would like to know the name of this stud as well? You also brought up previously that #1 for Valley had 134 yards on 27 carries... my math isnt always the best but thats just shy of 5 yards a carry as a freshman. Please tell me what would impress you? Im really not sure what game you watched last Friday night if you even did.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Trap game for Waverly with Burg next on the schedule. I’d be surprised if this wasn’t a battle. Darren will likely circle the wagons and be ready for the Tigers. Hopefully Waverly learned their lesson against Unioto.

Mclovinit
Waterboy

Post by Mclovinit »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:55 pm
I dunno, but a freshman going 27 carries for 134 yards sounds pretty good to me.*
"27 carries for 134 yards isn’t that good." My calculator tells me that is 4.96 yards per carry, I would take that any day of the week.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Every team would love to have #1 on their team I can’t wait to see this valley team in a few years anyone know how the talent coming up in the next few years is?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly can NOT afford a Unioto type performance. Several of our mistakes were self-inflected. Defense jumping off sides at a critical time and turnovers were devastating. We're going to have to be laser focused and expect a tough game against a well coached team.

Two years ago Valley showed up and gave us a heck of a game. Expect nothing less this go around.

Waverly is improving and seems to be getting healthier. Critical game in so many respects. Go Tigers!!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

I do not know any of these players what so ever, however 27 carries for 134 yards is 5.0 yards per carry, and that is pretty good

Return to “Football”