October 11, 2019 Nelsonville-York 7 - 36 Wellston

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 7: Wellston (5-1, 2-0) @ NY (4-2,2-0)

Post by Shotgun red »

I'm going with Wellston in this one. They are way to physical for Wilburn and the boys.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Could be a dandy here, NY after playing 2 REALLY good teams to start the season has rattled off 4 wins against teams they should've beaten. I think the same can be said for Wellston who have really responded since a week 1 loss to Jackson. Wellston's defense has been top notch all season long, kept them in the Jackson game and they had a 44-9 lead on Piketon at the half, I believe it was. Last 4 weeks have only given up 14 points total. Containing Wilburn is obviously key here and playing at NY is no walk in the park but I look for Wellston to do just enough on the offensive side of the ball and come away with a 7 point win.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'll give a slight edge to the Buckeyes with the home field advantage. This Rocket team doesn't fold its tent if and when something goes wrong. Could and should be a very good game. I know this can be said about just about any game, but I think the team that plays the cleanest game, and avoids penalties and turnovers, will probably have the best chance to win the game. Lets hope both teams have an injury free game.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I agree with Vetteman. Should be a great game. Bucks had trouble stopping the run at the beginning of the year but has faced some hard running RB’s to prepare us for this game. Wellston will have the tougher back of any team we have beat and it will be quite the challenge for the bucks defense. I know they can pass the ball as well. I’m glad to see Wellstons new coach doing well, seems to have the kids hitting on all cylinders right now, good for the future of the program.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:21 am This will definitely be the game of the week on Power 105.5FM

TVC-Ohio championship implications and both teams are in must win situations for playoff chances.
Looking forward to calling this one on Power 105. Huge matchup with the winner getting a big push for a TVC title and possible
Post season berth. Should be a good one!

Live Like A Champion!
NY BUCK
All State

Re: Nelsonville-York - Wellston

Post by NY BUCK »

The 3 combined losses from these two teams comes from teams with a combined record of 18-0.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I might go to this one

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Logangrad wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:23 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:21 am This will definitely be the game of the week on Power 105.5FM

TVC-Ohio championship implications and both teams are in must win situations for playoff chances.
Looking forward to calling this one on Power 105. Huge matchup with the winner getting a big push for a TVC title and possible
Yea, I just went ahead and assumed this would be the game of the week. Your room will be set up and ready to go.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Nelsonville up by 14 already

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

dilligaf wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:40 pm Nelsonville up by 14 already
explain?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wellston has been playing great football.....and improving every week......one thing that may hurt them some is the golden rockets are not accustomed to being where they are at this time of year in the recent past of the program...…however, I do think this group of kids are special and have bought into the new system brought with the new coach.....they have tons of momentum right now and playing with tons of confidence.....they will not be easy to beat...….the QB is improving steadily and they have a dynamic player in Ryan molihan...…the defense continues to play lights out and they may find themselves winning the TVC and playing in week 11...…..BUT standing in their way is the super fast Wilburn OU bound kid and the NY buckeyes....which is never an easy task to beat...…..should be plenty of playmakers on the field between these two teams and cannot imagine that this game is not the game of the week for the area...…Wellston will be plenty physical enough and maybe too physical for 4qrters of football for NY this year....remains to be seen...….going to be an absolute great game and those that capitalize on the opportunities with minimal mistakes will be the ones on top when the dust settles...….and if I was NY I wouldn't prepare with the mindset of "ol its just Wellston"…….those boys are for real in golden rocket country...…curious to see how many pages this thread brings up by Friday...…..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 am Wellston has been playing great football.....and improving every week......one thing that may hurt them some is the golden rockets are not accustomed to being where they are at this time of year in the recent past of the program...…however, I do think this group of kids are special and have bought into the new system brought with the new coach.....they have tons of momentum right now and playing with tons of confidence.....they will not be easy to beat...….the QB is improving steadily and they have a dynamic player in Ryan molihan...…the defense continues to play lights out and they may find themselves winning the TVC and playing in week 11...…..BUT standing in their way is the super fast Wilburn OU bound kid and the NY buckeyes....which is never an easy task to beat...…..should be plenty of playmakers on the field between these two teams and cannot imagine that this game is not the game of the week for the area...…Wellston will be plenty physical enough and maybe too physical for 4qrters of football for NY this year....remains to be seen...….going to be an absolute great game and those that capitalize on the opportunities with minimal mistakes will be the ones on top when the dust settles...….and if I was NY I wouldn't prepare with the mindset of "ol its just Wellston"…….those boys are for real in golden rocket country...…curious to see how many pages this thread brings up by Friday...…..
NY doesn't prepare for anyone like that, every week it's the same mindset. Prepare for the team standing in your way this week. Wellston looks much improved. Should be a good game.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Trust me, Wellston is never a team that Ny over looks. Like VC they always play us tough and this year is probably the best team they are bringing to Boston Field in a long time. Bucks are going to have to come ready to play to win this game. Should be a good game and atmosphere, I know the Wellston faithful will bring a great crowd.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

NY keeps rolling toward redemption.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:10 pm
Logangrad wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Yea, I just went ahead and assumed this would be the game of the week. Your room will be set up and ready to go.
Thank you!

Live Like A Champion!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 am Wellston has been playing great football.....and improving every week......one thing that may hurt them some is the golden rockets are not accustomed to being where they are at this time of year in the recent past of the program...…however, I do think this group of kids are special and have bought into the new system brought with the new coach.....they have tons of momentum right now and playing with tons of confidence.....they will not be easy to beat...….the QB is improving steadily and they have a dynamic player in Ryan molihan...…the defense continues to play lights out and they may find themselves winning the TVC and playing in week 11...…..BUT standing in their way is the super fast Wilburn OU bound kid and the NY buckeyes....which is never an easy task to beat...…..should be plenty of playmakers on the field between these two teams and cannot imagine that this game is not the game of the week for the area...…Wellston will be plenty physical enough and maybe too physical for 4qrters of football for NY this year....remains to be seen...….going to be an absolute great game and those that capitalize on the opportunities with minimal mistakes will be the ones on top when the dust settles...….and if I was NY I wouldn't prepare with the mindset of "ol its just Wellston"…….those boys are for real in golden rocket country...…curious to see how many pages this thread brings up by Friday...…..
Good post.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:05 am
Good post.
That's a great story. Glad to see ole Dutch has them boys believing. Thanks for the challenge of being "too physical for 4qrters of football for NY..." We'll be sure to let the NY players know what you're expecting out of them. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

Im taking wellston in this one. NY just does not have enough in them to pull this one out. Wellston-32 NY-20

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wellston will be too physical for NY. Rockets get the W.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Nelsonville should win this one handily. They need the playoff points and so does Trimble, so here's to a win for the Orange. :D

Return to “Football”