Transfers:

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Transfers:

Post by Pete_Bell »

Thoughts: I find it to Be quite amusing that when school A receives a transfer who ends up being a great addition to a program they have been recruited. When school B receives the same type of player , they are only seen as a great addition to the team.

Also, times are different than they were 20 years ago. Played from different cities are friends, and talk and decide they want to play with a different group of friends and try to have a more successful season than they would if they were to stay at their home school. But if you look at the CB for schools in the SE you would be surprised. Just one example. River Valley, Jackson , Zane Trace, Minford, Miami Trace, Sheridan all have about the same CB. Some of those schools people would say well it’s all transfers, and others not so much.

Thoughts ::: not calling out individual schools by any means at all.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Transfers:

Post by Raider6309 »

Every good school has transfers. Ironton’s best player lives in rock hill school district. Jackson’s QB is from Point Pleasant. John Glenn won a state title with a Zanesville transfer. Chillicothe won a state title with a Zane Trace transfer. Oak Hill won a state title with transfers. I could keep going.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Exactly. But only a few schools are called out as being schools that recruit and are only successful because of transfers.

KSW
Riding the Bench

Post by KSW »

Open enrollment is the rule we live and play under. So tired of hearing about it. Play ball!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Open enrollment. Blame the state I guess. There’s no transfers when you can enroll anywhere.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens gets this the worst but everyone loves bashing rich people. It is funny watching Burg and Ironton people accusing each other of recruiting

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Raider i would agree with both of those statements. I think Athens, Burg Ironton catch the most grief about transfers. Athens is in the same category as jackson and the list above. Burg and ironton double and triple the above mentioned schools and are a lot smaller, and that is why they are talked about. With that being said. Good players want to play for great programs.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Why does it matter?? I mean no school should be blamed for gaining transfers. Pointless topic as nothing good can come of it. Eventually it'll just turn into this school does this while this does that. Let the kids enjoy their childhood if they think they'll be happier going elsewhere then we as adults need to stop argurping about it, stop fighting about it and just enjoy Friday nights it goes by so fast for these young players.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Totally against high school transfers. It’s ridiculous if you ask me.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:11 am Totally against high school transfers. It’s ridiculous if you ask me.
:D :D :D I love the humor

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:10 pm Why does it matter?? I mean no school should be blamed for gaining transfers. Pointless topic as nothing good can come of it. Eventually it'll just turn into this school does this while this does that. Let the kids enjoy their childhood if they think they'll be happier going elsewhere then we as adults need to stop argurping about it, stop fighting about it and just enjoy Friday nights it goes by so fast for these young players.
I AGREE GOOSE. IT IS WHAT IT IS NOW.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

You guys do realize that some kids transfer because they can't play for their home schools because they are not good enough. It happens on the collegiate level all the time. I'm not saying its right but you have to do what is best for you. At least one name mentioned above transferred because he would have had to sit until his senior year because there was a kid a head of him that was much better. So just wanting to play for a better team is not always the case. My personal opinion is if you want to transfer then transfer. Most don't know all the reasons why these kids transfer just assume it's solely for sports. Heck it may be for education. Some schools in SEO are just bad(education). Can't blame parents for wanting their children to have more and better opportunities.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Seriously,if you have an idea of how many recruits ,I mean transfers your school is getting next year,post them.Would be a fun topic.Wecould even rank them. 8-) 8-)

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I’ve always thought that if it isn’t my kid, it’s not my business.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

522Pirate wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:34 am I’ve always thought that if it isn’t my kid, it’s not my business.
Best statement so far^^^

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

BigChuck wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:42 am
522Pirate wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:34 am I’ve always thought that if it isn’t my kid, it’s not my business.
Best statement so far^^^
and the same can be said for those who hold their kids back for a year

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Two different discussions going on in this topic. There are transfers and there are recruits. Yes it does happen, you would have to be stupid to think that school A doesn't have someone going to school B and trying to recruit their star player. As for transfers, whatever you want to do that's fine but lets not act like there is not any recruiting going on in our area, or the state for that matter.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

I for one, don't see a problem when someone transfers schools, like someone mentioned earlier, open enrollment. I wasn't bashing schools that have a lot of transfers. It is what it is. As far as recruiting goes, some schools do a better job than others, whether it be coaches, players, parents, ect..... the point I was trying to make was, that people need to not complain about a school who is successful (due to transfers) but then not mention other schools who are not as successful, yet have the same number of transfers according to OHSAA. I am not calling out any school, or programs, or trying to stir the pot.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I say might as well make it legal to recruit. Who's going to stop it anyway? Let the kids decide where they want to play with no penalty's.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:11 pm Athens gets this the worst but everyone loves bashing rich people. It is funny watching Burg and Ironton people accusing each other of recruiting
Hey, it's not our fault that we have the best academics, athletics, facilities and most money of any school in the area. People want their kids in our school. We have so many open enrolled students that we could close down a building if we stopped allowing it. You people complaining just need to admit that you secretly want your kid to go here too but little Johnny and Jenni just aren't good enough to play for us. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”