Valley 16 - 21 Oak Hill

Izladoom
All State

Re: Week 6 Oak Hill (2-3) vs. Valley (4-1) SOC2

Post by Izladoom »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 am If OH scores more than a touchdown, I'll really be surprised. They have no passing game whatsoever, if this game isn't a 3 or 4 score margin, I will really shocked.
If valley wasn’t so banged up and had their qb you probably would be right they should have some guys back and hopefully valley can find a passing attack my guess it’s 20-14 valley

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Is this being streamed?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

lineman7 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:16 pm Is this being streamed?
I think valley streams all of the games on their Facebook page

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

you have a link? I dont see anything for events or videos or posts about it on Valley's facebook. The newest post from the VSN facebook is from a year ago

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

N/m it is there on the main valley facebook page

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Congratulations to the Oaks. With the injuries the Indians needed to play mistake free football, and did not. Giving up the KO return for a TD, and not getting those points before the half were the difference.

Bounce back and play hard next week fellas!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I just saw the final score, as I didn't go to the game. Did the injuries have a bearing on the game? I would have bet money on the game, that Valley would have won the game. ( I would have lost also ) I owe Coach Paul Carver and OH an apology, I didn't think there was anyway that they could beat Valley.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: October 4, 2019 Valley 16 - 21 Oak Hill

Post by mattash »

Big win for Oak Hill, I thought it would be a down year. Making some noise.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:13 pm I just saw the final score, as I didn't go to the game. Did the injuries have a bearing on the game? I would have bet money on the game, that Valley would have won the game. ( I would have lost also ) I owe Coach Paul Carver and OH an apology, I didn't think there was anyway that they could beat Valley.
Yeah the 2 returning rbs went out again early and our starting fb was out I think we was down to only 2 our freshman and not sure about the other kid he’s not in the program I think at one time we had 4 freshmen in on offense granted they are not your average freshmen but valley still had a chance to win they played hard I can’t wait to see this team in the future if your betting bet that they will win the soc within the next 3 years

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:39 pm
VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:13 pm I just saw the final score, as I didn't go to the game. Did the injuries have a bearing on the game? I would have bet money on the game, that Valley would have won the game. ( I would have lost also ) I owe Coach Paul Carver and OH an apology, I didn't think there was anyway that they could beat Valley.
Yeah the 2 returning rbs went out again early and our starting fb was out I think we was down to only 2 our freshman and not sure about the other kid he’s not in the program I think at one time we had 4 freshmen in on offense granted they are not your average freshmen but valley still had a chance to win they played hard I can’t wait to see this team in the future if your betting bet that they will win the soc within the next 3 years
This I can agree with those kids came in and played hard, and had a chance to win.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Much respect to Valley’s backup QB last night. It’s hard to become a starter halfway through the season, especially against the teams they’re about to face. He was as good as you could be with Oak Hill’s defense in the backfield every snap, hitting the open receiver all night. It was a real bright spot for the Indians when they couldn’t get any rushing yards most of the game

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

3sUp wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:01 am Much respect to Valley’s backup QB last night. It’s hard to become a starter halfway through the season, especially against the teams they’re about to face. He was as good as you could be with Oak Hill’s defense in the backfield every snap, hitting the open receiver all night. It was a real bright spot for the Indians when they couldn’t get any rushing yards most of the game

Yeah he really stepped up last night and hats off to oak hill no one has caused us problems like they did all night valley had no answer for their blitz not sure why valley kept trying to roll out so much and with routes that take a little longer to develop they had most of their success with quick passes from the pocket oak hill could not cover #3 who is just a freshman I was surprised they kept just single man coverage on him and 1 safety

will_eye_am74
Waterboy

Re: Valley 16 - 21 Oak Hill

Post by will_eye_am74 »

:ugeek:
Last edited by will_eye_am74 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:28 pm I think the valley coaches don’t use what talents they have enough. They have 3-4 Receivers that are talented enough to catch a ball and get yards. They need to mix up the run more. Nothing personal to any one but Arnett has talent but has a hard time finding or making a hole and seems to be easy to tackle. They used the freshman Glover (#9) after starting FB Trey B was injured and he was doing a fine job and then went back to handing the ball off to Arnett instead of mixing it up. The Oaks defense was calling out the plays on the line. You can’t win like that if the defense already knows what your doing then it probably won’t work . A lot of talented athletes on that Valley team taking backseats if you ask me!
As a long time fan, supporter, and parent, this post couldn't be more misguided. I'm actually shocked that any reasonable person feels this way. I too thought Valley would win, but when you look at things it's kind of a miracle that they were in the game. A QB that was making his first varsity start, 2 freshmen running backs, 2 freshmen receivers... You lose your 2 starting backs who are also your best linebackers in the first half and you still had a chance to win. It looked like plug and play all over the field, as this team resembled nothing that we saw throughout the first 4 weeks. I felt like the Oaks won up front and that was the story of the game. The Indians outgained them and moved the ball up and down the field, and Arnett ran great during the 2nd half. It looked like Valley found some things that worked even with the Oaks controlling the line. Arnett and Glover both found a little success, and Perkins and Arnett both made nice catches. The other freshman #80 also looks to have a bright future. But in week 1 if you tell me this team is in a game without Andronis, Brickey, Mollette, D. Glover and Bratchett, I'd call you crazy. But after reading your post, I wouldn't call you anything... I'd say your comments say plenty.

will_eye_am74
Waterboy

Post by will_eye_am74 »

#douchebaghere
Last edited by will_eye_am74 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

I don't mean to get in to this argument, but they tried a dive on the 1 yard line the play before the sweep which was from the 3-4 yard line. Oak Hill blew them up on the line all night. Valley tried throwing it earlier in the redzone and didn't complete anything. Sometimes players don't make plays, sometimes the other team makes the play. What would your play call had been?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:36 pm Well call me crazy but I feel that Valley is still in it with what they have Arnett E.Glover as backs plus Perkins, Wiley and Duncan in the flats I think they can win. There just going to have to mix up the play calling. My understanding is the QB has had previous varsity starts and thought he did a fine job. Valley had 3 different opportunities to score and the play calling cost them the game. Your on the 1 yard line and try a sweep that oak hill was all over. In the first half your with 5 yards why not kick the 3 and go in to half 1 point down. The players played there hearts out!! Coaching lost that game sir
Your understanding is wrong. That was Connor's first start.

So coaching allowed a 99 yard kickoff return?

Coaching committed a 15 yard late hit the play before a 45 yard TD run?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:36 pm Well call me crazy but I feel that Valley is still in it with what they have Arnett E.Glover as backs plus Perkins, Wiley and Duncan in the flats I think they can win. There just going to have to mix up the play calling. My understanding is the QB has had previous varsity starts and thought he did a fine job. Valley had 3 different opportunities to score and the play calling cost them the game. Your on the 1 yard line and try a sweep that oak hill was all over. In the first half your with 5 yards why not kick the 3 and go in to half 1 point down. The players played there hearts out!! Coaching lost that game sir
Hea Bud,
You seem to be having a really bad day. It's pretty obvious that you only got on this Site today, because you either have an ax to grind with the coaching staff, or I would hope not one of the players on the team. I don't see any of the fans or supporters of Valley, on this Site blaming the coaching staff or any of the players for the fact that they lost a close tough game to OH. Most of the fans knew the odds were stacked against them even before the game with all the injuries and such. They knew that they would probably end up playing a bunch of freshmen, as well as a lot of non-starters. It doesn't really matter who "You" or I think should be playing, you can bet your bottom dollar that the coaches know the players a lot better than we do. Probably the best thing would be to just Chill-out, try to get a good nights rest, and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Oh by the way, I'm not really a Valley fan, I still think if they would have had most of there players, that they are a better team than OH.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I’m an Oak Hill guy and what willeyeam74 wrote is just simply fallacy. Valley’s football staff is one of the best I’ve personally seen coach in the SE part of the state. I’ve seen them do less with more for a long time. The proof is in the pudding so to speak, especially with Darren Crabtree. The guy has to be near 250-300 win mark, and does it the right way. Every Valley team he has had does the small things right. Yes, they made mistakes against Oak Hill but look at how many young kids he was playing. They’re going to make mistakes. Make no bones about it though, look for this Valley team to be really good in a couple years. They have a potential to win the SOC2 and make a deep playoff run at that time.

will_eye_am74
Waterboy

Post by will_eye_am74 »

:arrow:
Last edited by will_eye_am74 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”