NEW SVC CONFERENCE???

bdizzy
Waterboy

NEW SVC CONFERENCE???

Post by bdizzy »

Heard a rumor today that it was official that the SVC was going to have 2 divisions? anyone heard this?

mlittle
SEOP

Re: NEW SVC CONFERENCE???

Post by mlittle »

That’d be news to me

bdizzy
Waterboy

Post by bdizzy »

came from a school board member. So who knows

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I highly doubt this will happen. Would be good idea but also would need to add teams

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:53 am I highly doubt this will happen. Would be good idea but also would need to add teams
I agree this won’t happen but if the SVC were to add a larger division, I could see invites to Waverly, Vinton County, Logan Elm and Circleville.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I am always a "if it ain't broke, don't fix" it type of guy.

The SVC is stable with eight teams that allows for round robin league scheduling with three slots for non conference games. No one school has dominated competition over the years and I do not think any schools want to leave. So who would they add to necessitate two divisions? Waverly? McClain? Vinton County? Pike Eastern?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

Post by Westfallmustang »

Hummm!

Division A:
Logan elm
Circleville
Zane Trace
Westfall
Adena
McClain

Division 2
Waverly
Piketon
Huntington
Southeastern
Paint Valley
Unioto

3 non conference games and 5 against your Division. Then 2 week playoff where all teams play but only top2 from each division play for first through 4th place.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

Westfallmustang wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 pm Hummm!

Division A:
Logan elm
Circleville
Zane Trace
Westfall
Adena
McClain

Division 2
Waverly
Piketon
Huntington
Southeastern
Paint Valley
Unioto

3 non conference games and 5 against your Division. Then 2 week playoff where all teams play but only top2 from each division play for first through 4th place.
Take my advice and don't go to two divisions. It creates a mess. We're now trying to get out of the mess the TVC has by creating our own, one division conference. So, if you want to screw up your conference then by all means add teams and split it into two divisions.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Using OSHAA enrollment numbers for this year, Unioto is 258 enrollment with 269 competitive balance figure. Adena and PV combined have enrollment of 255 and 261. Yeah, I would say it might be broken

Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

What happened? If you don’t mind me asking. I don’t have any say in anything. Just saw the post and put my thought into it. I like the idea of North / South divisions if it does come into play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’d go big and small. Move Unioto and Waverly up and Adena/Westfall down

Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

Yeah I guess it gets hard when you got 180 boys in school vs what ever your numbers were you posted.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfallmustang wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 pm Hummm!

Division A:
Logan elm
Circleville
Zane Trace
Westfall
Adena
McClain

Division 2
Waverly
Piketon
Huntington
Southeastern
Paint Valley
Unioto

Don't like where you have 2 week playoff. 5 division games, 2 cross divisional matchup and 3 non conference opponents. Can have a huge 1 or 2 day jamboree where teams who don't face each other can play. Go with size of enrollment numbers not location, no one is really spread out to far in this scenario. I'll be curious if there's any truth to this but I've thought they needed 2 divisions for quite sometime. TVC just went to far with expansion, this can be done and relatively easy assuming the current members can agree on teams to add.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Adena
PV
SE
HN
ZT
WF
PK
McClain

Jackson
Chillicothe
WCH
Logan Elm
CV
Waverly
Miami Trace
Unioto

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rosscoresident wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:05 pm Adena
PV
SE
HN
ZT
WF
PK
McClain

Jackson
Chillicothe
WCH
Logan Elm
CV
Waverly
Miami Trace
Unioto
So in this scenario you are absorbing the entire FAC pretty much?? Keep it simple current SVC and what 4 teams might they invite. Keeping in mind teams you invite are probably in a quality conference and have been for sometime. Northwest is one I think would move also.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rosscoresident wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:39 pm Using OSHAA enrollment numbers for this year, Unioto is 258 enrollment with 269 competitive balance figure. Adena and PV combined have enrollment of 255 and 261. Yeah, I would say it might be broken
Even with the size differences over the last 20 years that I can remember there hasn’t been an overly dominant team. The balance of power usually shifts. Unioto maybe if you consider all sports. But we haven’t won a league title in 20 years in football. The numbers in the schools may be drastically different but if you look at the size of the teams in football across the board it seems like the numbers are usually pretty consistent. I’d guess most teams in the svc dress between 40 and 50 kids consistently.

Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

Last 3 years close to 30 for Westfall 35 with injuries. I remember when they had 55-60 on sidelines.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

mlittle wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:11 pm
Rosscoresident wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:39 pm Using OSHAA enrollment numbers for this year, Unioto is 258 enrollment with 269 competitive balance figure. Adena and PV combined have enrollment of 255 and 261. Yeah, I would say it might be broken
Even with the size differences over the last 20 years that I can remember there hasn’t been an overly dominant team. The balance of power usually shifts. Unioto maybe if you consider all sports. But we haven’t won a league title in 20 years in football. The numbers in the schools may be drastically different but if you look at the size of the teams in football across the board it seems like the numbers are usually pretty consistent. I’d guess most teams in the svc dress between 40 and 50 kids consistently.
Good luck with this argument. It is completely true but you learn pretty quickly ppl on here don’t care for Unioto and will take a shot when they can. We may be d3 but as little said we struggle to get 50 kids. Our program is a svc contending d6 team like most other schools in the conference.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

All teams but pv will go from 25-50 regardless of division.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

There are more sports than just football. Look at cross country, track, soccer, golf, etc. The smaller schools can’t begin to compete with Unioto in those sports

Return to “Football”