D-1 Prospects in South Eastern Ohio

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

D-1 Prospects in South Eastern Ohio

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Who are the kids in southeastern Ohio getting some looks at D-1 programs?

Here are a few I see from games I have scene. (warning I am giving the kids the benefit of doubt here) Some of the younger kids have to get bigger faster stronger but they may have one aspect such as speed or just size that scouts look for...… maybe need to work on footwork or technique just throwing out some names for fun and I haven't watched a ton of games this year.

Gallia Academy
JR's
Armstrong 5'10" 190 lbs I like him as a DB at a bigger school but I think he could play slot at a MAC or conference USA school
Starns 6'5" 300 lbs I watched him against the Licking Valley kid that went to Iowa State and he looks the part and does things right he is D1 for sure in my eyes.

Freshman
Clary 6'6" -6'7" 285 He has long arms, quick feet and good hands. He needs work and age but he has the tools to be a big time prospect.

Ironton
JR

Carrico 6'3" 230 Linebacker We all know the story and he deserves all the awards he receives he is the real deal

Portsmouth
SR

Parker 5'10" 195 I like Parker as a slot receiver maybe a DB don't know how physical he will be as a DB but I don't know if he is a RB at the next level I would like to see more downhill running out of him this season as time goes on

Nelsonville York

SR 5'9" 185 most likely a DB at Ohio when he gets there. They have him listed as an athlete.

Lets here what everyone thinks

Ed Ott
Varsity

Re: D-1 Prospects in South Eastern Ohio

Post by Ed Ott »

Some of these kids are legit D1 kids but it seems to be anymore that if you go to enough camps and showcases and run pretty fast in your underwear you are “D1”

I don’t believe there are 25+ D1 players in southern Ohio

Sorry

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

If a kid gets an offer to play d1 then he is a d1. Until then it’s just fans talking.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ed Ott wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:12 pm Some of these kids are legit D1 kids but it seems to be anymore that if you go to enough camps and showcases and run pretty fast in your underwear you are “D1”

I don’t believe there are 25+ D1 players in southern Ohio

Sorry
I’ll congratulate them when they get to campus.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

If a kid hasn’t committed by their junior season or that following summer it’s unlikely they’ll earn a D1 scholarship their senior season unless they grew 3 inches and put on 30 lbs of muscle

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Any of the Trimble kids getting looked at ?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:42 pm Who are the kids in southeastern Ohio getting some looks at D-1 programs?

Here are a few I see from games I have scene. (warning I am giving the kids the benefit of doubt here) Some of the younger kids have to get bigger faster stronger but they may have one aspect such as speed or just size that scouts look for...… maybe need to work on footwork or technique just throwing out some names for fun and I haven't watched a ton of games this year.

Gallia Academy
JR's
Armstrong 5'10" 190 lbs I like him as a DB at a bigger school but I think he could play slot at a MAC or conference USA school
Starns 6'5" 300 lbs I watched him against the Licking Valley kid that went to Iowa State and he looks the part and does things right he is D1 for sure in my eyes.

Freshman
Clary 6'6" -6'7" 285 He has long arms, quick feet and good hands. He needs work and age but he has the tools to be a big time prospect.

Ironton
JR

Carrico 6'3" 230 Linebacker We all know the story and he deserves all the awards he receives he is the real deal

Portsmouth
SR

Parker 5'10" 195 I like Parker as a slot receiver maybe a DB don't know how physical he will be as a DB but I don't know if he is a RB at the next level I would like to see more downhill running out of him this season as time goes on

Nelsonville York

SR 5'9" 185 most likely a DB at Ohio when he gets there. They have him listed as an athlete.

I always hate when people get on here and word it in this manner. Question should be and should always be how many kids have you seen or heard of that have the grades and skill level to get a scholarship. So many people get caught up in the D1 aspect of everything that they lose site to the fact these players can also earn scholarships in the DI-AA and some can get full but typically partial DII scholarships. I mean there's so many different D1 schools, 129, FCS has roughly the same number of teams, there's just so many different avenues that players with the ability can earn these scholarships we just don't need to sit here and say DI. Kid gets schooling paid for I don't care what level that's awesome.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

How many SEO kids are currently playing at the D1 level now? Full, partial, or walk on? Three or four?

Everyone knows Carrico is the real deal. But other than that... anyone else have D1 offers? Anyone else hitting the summer camp tours hard?

Ruby has D1 talent, but lacks in size. He could be a CUSA or MAC or other smaller D1 player, but not at QB. Considering he doesn't have active Hudl, Rivals, 247, or NCSA profiles, I don't think he's looking to play at the next level. Not in football, at least.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

greygoose wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:17 am
THEbuckeyes wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:42 pm Who are the kids in southeastern Ohio getting some looks at D-1 programs?

Gallia Academy
JR's

Freshman

Ironton
JR

Portsmouth
SR

Nelsonville York

I always hate when people get on here and word it in this manner. Question should be and should always be how many kids have you seen or heard of that have the grades and skill level to get a scholarship. So many people get caught up in the D1 aspect of everything that they lose site to the fact these players can also earn scholarships in the DI-AA and some can get full but typically partial DII scholarships. I mean there's so many different D1 schools, 129, FCS has roughly the same number of teams, there's just so many different avenues that players with the ability can earn these scholarships we just don't need to sit here and say DI. Kid gets schooling paid for I don't care what level that's awesome.

I am sorry if my wording offends you..... I am happy for any kid that gets there education paid for in any way I could care less what level they play NAIA pays for a lot of young people to get there life started with out owing a bunch of student loans so I am all for that. I am for all the kids not just certain ones I love the game and know what it takes to play at an elite level. I was just curious if there were any of those kids out there that I had not heard about. I would like to hear about them and watch them if I could. These are a few of the kids that have a chance in my opinion. There are a lot of kids that can play at smaller schools and if it makes you feel better you can list some of those kids too.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg has two kids that are getting “looks” It’s a hard road to becoming a D1 athlete.

Richardson and Matthews are currently being recruited by small d1 and d2 schools

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

GoIrish wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:29 am How many SEO kids are currently playing at the D1 level now? Full, partial, or walk on? Three or four?

Everyone knows Carrico is the real deal. But other than that... anyone else have D1 offers? Anyone else hitting the summer camp tours hard?

Ruby has D1 talent, but lacks in size. He could be a CUSA or MAC or other smaller D1 player, but not at QB. Considering he doesn't have active Hudl, Rivals, 247, or NCSA profiles, I don't think he's looking to play at the next level. Not in football, at least.
Ruby IS looking to play at the next level in FOOTBALL. He has been to numerous summer camp tours at D1 schools and visits to universities. He has offers I believe from University of Findlay, Indiana Wesleyan University, and Olivet University. At all the camps he has been working out with the wide receiver group. Some of the video I have seen is he has embarrassed some DBs. However, like you said, schools focus heavily on size. Personally, I think he would fit in just fine at a MAC or CUSA school.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

GoIrish wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:29 am How many SEO kids are currently playing at the D1 level now? Full, partial, or walk on? Three or four?

6 from Athens and the kid from Jackson

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

3 from SOC currently playing I think

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Has Parker had any offers yet? I know last year they said OSU and some MAC schools were interested.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Ironton's Gage Salyers has committed to Youngstown State.

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

mattash wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:31 pm Any of the Trimble kids getting looked at ?
I would say Ian Joyce will get looked at. Already invited to the Blue Grey game in Dallas Texas. He has been all over the camps this past year

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

Chief02 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:23 am

Ruby IS looking to play at the next level in FOOTBALL. He has been to numerous summer camp tours at D1 schools and visits to universities. He has offers I believe from University of Findlay, Indiana Wesleyan University, and Olivet University. At all the camps he has been working out with the wide receiver group. Some of the video I have seen is he has embarrassed some DBs. However, like you said, schools focus heavily on size. Personally, I think he would fit in just fine at a MAC or CUSA school.
That is excellent news! I have personal experience with Findlay, it's a great school.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Tartanblue wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:08 am Has Parker had any offers yet? I know last year they said OSU and some MAC schools were interested.
Toledo, BG, and Western Michigan. I would guess Toledo since they were the first to recruit him. Weird Marshall isn’t recruiting him

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:27 am
mattash wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:31 pm Any of the Trimble kids getting looked at ?
I would say Ian Joyce will get looked at. Already invited to the Blue Grey game in Dallas Texas. He has been all over the camps this past year
Joyce is getting recruited by Ohio U

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Butcher from Athens will play somewhere. You don’t teach 6’4 300 and quick

Return to “Football”