Site Admin

Greenup County 45 Notre Dame 0

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Matt77
Varsity

Re: WK5 Notre Dame v Greenup County (KY)

Post by Matt77 »

Always root for the Ohio Schools. But Greenup County should win big.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Just don't think ND has enough to stop GC but at the same time haven't seen any indication where GC can stop the run. Could be a good game but going with GC by 2 scores but don't be shocked if ND just holds onto the ball and eats up the clock to pull out a close one.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Greenup County 40plus to Nd maybe 14. I think whatever GC wants it to be here.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

This one gets ugly fast!!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Why would Greenup what too play ND.
Greenup by as many as they what.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Is this game being played on Friday or Sat?
ND used to play Sat home games but I'm thinking they changed to Fridays a couple years ago..

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Why was this game scheduled for either school? Only thing I see coming out of it is padded stats for Greenup Co. and injuries for Notre Dame.

Like we discussed in the Sciotoville East thread, most D7 schools are better off playing a 9 game schedule rather than getting their teeth kicked in by large schools just to have a full schedule.*

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Agree with above posts. Why even schedule some of these games around the state.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:19 am Why would Greenup what too play ND.
Greenup by as many as they what.
Few years back ND had them beat. ND isn’t the team they once were in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s but they do play hard for what they have in players. I figure ND would cancel football because the last 10 years they struggle to field a team playing many freshmen and kids transferring out. I see what ur talking about with Greenup being a AAAA school playing a D-VII school. This game is a huge mismatch this year and will get out of hand early.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Moses Guthrie wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:45 pm Is this game being played on Friday or Sat?
ND used to play Sat home games but I'm thinking they changed to Fridays a couple years ago..
You know why they played on Saturday Moses, because the Trojans played on fridays but since the Trojans have their own stadium ND went to Friday’s.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:13 pm Agree with above posts. Why even schedule some of these games around the state.
Yes ur right! These D-VII schools don’t need to play these teams but there are many school they can play in Adams county area to fill their non league openings.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Would be nice to play schools ND can be competitive with.
Look at the job Green has done in their scheduling. I would suspect the kids are enjoying themselves as is the community. They have scheduled what some on here would call cupcakes. There are no cupcakes when you are the 2nd or 3rd smallest school in the state fielding a football team.

Best of luck ND! Hoping everyone gets out of this Friday injury free.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I know its hard to schedule people who are your size when you are the smallest of the small but scheduling GC is just dumb .. its OK when you have one of your best teams in a decade or so like 5 years ago but playing this game knowing you are terribly overmatched is a bad deal for the players . Taking a week off to heal is better than getting drubbed . And GC shouldnt have ever agreed .
Fairview , Lewis Co or a handful of small eastern ky schools would be a good fit .. not GC .

SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:05 pm Why was this game scheduled for either school? Only thing I see coming out of it is padded stats for Greenup Co. and injuries for Notre Dame.

Like we discussed in the Sciotoville East thread, most D7 schools are better off playing a 9 game schedule rather than getting their teeth kicked in by large schools just to have a full schedule.*
100% agree! ND is already beaten up and they start SOC play next week. ND has played 3 really tough teams and one I think they should have won. Hopefully the scheduling will get a little bit more competitive!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Guy told me Notre Dame athletic director also a member of football coaching staff, so can’t put it all on AD. But ND gotta be more realistic with their scheduling going forward if they want football to survive there.*

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Final?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Greenup County 45 Notre Dame (OH) 0

AIM
Waterboy

Re: Greenup County 45 Notre Dame 0

Post by AIM »

The scheduling for ND is ridiculous! They have walking wounded after every game. They 2 played teams that could beat most schools in this county. What is it doing for morale getting their teeth knocked in physically and psychologically week after week and then come to SOC play everyone is hurt and the players can't wait for the season to be over? Shame on the AD and coaches for approving such teams. They need to put some effort in and do some research into these teams.
The coaches won't allow the players to pick up a basketball during football season, "cause they might get hurt", but then they schedule bloodbaths and blame the kids for being soft, slow, uncoachable!!! Maybe if the kids respected the coaches for putting together a competitive schedule, were realistic with their abilities, and took some blame for these losses, they would play hard for them. Kids won't play hard if they don't respect the authority. Don't know when the parents and administration will FINALLY stand up and say enough!! ND hasn't won a conference title since 2000 and they had the talent to do so. Not what ND football tradition used to be!!

eagle25
JV Team

Re: Greenup County 45 Notre Dame 0

Post by eagle25 »

ND should open the season with Hannan WV every year and then South Gallia game two. Also should try to pick up Parkersburg Catholic too. Then find out who Hannan beat and get them on the schedule. Fed Hocker would be a good pickup as well. Those might require some long road trips but they are winnable games. They might want to consider the revived SVAC once it's up and running cause they could compete in that league. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”