Heads Up Bridgeport and Stubenville CC, Games With Trinity WV May Be In Jeopardy

Omega
SEOPS H

Heads Up Bridgeport and Stubenville CC, Games With Trinity WV May Be In Jeopardy

Post by Omega »

Saw on a WV Sports site that Morgantown Trinity has cancelled their game for this weekend due to injuries. That possibly does not bode well for Bridgeport and Central Cath that have upcoming games scheduled with the WV school.

http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/forum_ ... 477.0.html

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
carbon_dated
All State

Re: Heads Up Bridgeport and Stubenville CC, Games With Trinity WV May Be In Jeopardy

Post by carbon_dated »

How many did Trinity have to start with? Are the injuries season-ending or what?
That was the best chance for my Bridgeport Bulldogs to be in a competitive game.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Heads Up Bridgeport and Stubenville CC, Games With Trinity WV May Be In Jeopardy

Post by Omega »

carbon_dated wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:01 pm How many did Trinity have to start with? Are the injuries season-ending or what?
That was the best chance for my Bridgeport Bulldogs to be in a competitive game.
I think Trinity started with 20 or fewer on the roster. They played Fairport Harding last week and were just physically pounded by the Cleveland area school. The web site had no details as to Trinity's numbers or injuries. I commend Trinity's decision to prevent further injury and hopefully to heal to complete the rest of their schedule. Still the uncertainty effects the rest of their opponents. We might be looking at states establishing minimum roster sizes to be able to schedule or start s season.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Being that Ohio does not "Yet" recognize 8-Man football, there is around 20 schools or more that are very interested in going that route. We know that the bottom line is "Money" as far as the OHSAA is concerned. There has been talk about adding another Division ( An 8th Division), but so far nothing but talk. It seems as if every year, the numbers keep getting lower and lower.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Sad to report that former Superintendent at Bridgeport — Ted Downing passed earlier this week suddenly.

Ted was Current Super at Whiteoak schools

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:58 pm Being that Ohio does not "Yet" recognize 8-Man football, there is around 20 schools or more that are very interested in going that route. We know that the bottom line is "Money" as far as the OHSAA is concerned. There has been talk about adding another Division ( An 8th Division), but so far nothing but talk. It seems as if every year, the numbers keep getting lower and lower.
Ok, zero talk about an 8th division, ZERO! And fact is that adding a division has done zero at increasing revenue. And 8 Man football is legal and supported by the OHSAA, but to provide facts to your factless post, there are NOT enough teams playing 8-Man football yet to be an official OHSAA sport.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pol pot wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:35 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:58 pm Being that Ohio does not "Yet" recognize 8-Man football, there is around 20 schools or more that are very interested in going that route. We know that the bottom line is "Money" as far as the OHSAA is concerned. There has been talk about adding another Division ( An 8th Division), but so far nothing but talk. It seems as if every year, the numbers keep getting lower and lower.
Ok, zero talk about an 8th division, ZERO! And fact is that adding a division has done zero at increasing revenue. And 8 Man football is legal and supported by the OHSAA, but to provide facts to your factless post, there are NOT enough teams playing 8-Man football yet to be an official OHSAA sport.
There was a gentleman I talked to who came to our game last week to observe the officiating who mentioned that there was a “legitimate possibility” that a pilot division for 8-man football in a probationary context of OHSAA sanctioning of the sport could come as soon as next year- 2020.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

thing
I'm just posting what I read about. I read that the OHSAA had explored the idea of a 8th division, but that nothing had come of it as yet. I just typed in ( Ohio 8-Man Football ) and that is the site that I saw it on. I know that a lot of other States have been playing 8-Man for quite some time. Mayby what I read was not the most up to date,as it also said that out of 7 hundred and some schools in Ohio, that Ohio had not yet decided to go that route. I'm sorry if I posted the wrong information, that was certainly not my intension. Oh, and by the way, I most certainly did not want you to have to get your pants in a wad, mayby you just need a hug. You have a nice day.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Trinity is playing Football for the 1st time in 5 years

The team they cancelled is Maryland School of Deaf (3-0)
With wins over
Central Christian MD (52-0)
Hampton Roads VA (46-8)
St Johns Prep MD (46-8)

Trinity is (2-1)
wins over
Mapletown PA (38-34)
Hannan WV (42-0)
Lost to
Fairport Harding OH (0-50)

Trinity Roster has:
SR 4 but 3 of the 4 are out with injuries if played this weekend
JR 5
Soph 3
Fresh 7

Nick Beimel 12 6'0 170
Josh Rosen 12 5'11 160
Turner Lawrence 12 5'10 255
Fetcher Hartsock 12 6'6 180
Grant Maxwell 11 6'0 175
Mason Steptoe 11 5'10 140
Finn Sinclair 11
Calvin Blunt 11 5'7 155
Kyler Grimes 11 5'10 215
Carter Anderson 10 6'1 160
Evan Rice 10 5'8 160
Brekken Swafford 10 5'9 260
Matt Gadd 9 6'6 185
Davon Eldridge 9 6'0 185
Levi Teets 9 5'4 130
Gavin Jackson 9 5'10 145
Jon Moore 9 5'9 165
Ethan Jorge 9 5'5 130
Andrew Boczek 9 5'7 117

Trinity total enrollment Girls and Boys 85 9-12

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 pm
There was a gentleman I talked to who came to our game last week to observe the officiating who mentioned that there was a “legitimate possibility” that a pilot division for 8-man football in a probationary context of OHSAA sanctioning of the sport could come as soon as next year- 2020.

As I stated OHSAA member schools are allowed to play 8 man football. However there are currently not enuscjools participating for 8 man to be sanctioned? Yes! Especially in areas like NW Ohio and areas in Southern Ohio where school enrollment is declining.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Hope Trinity heals up enough to play Bridgeport.

Nothing better than a great tan on a nude beach!
carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Best of health to the Trinity players so you can finish the season. Always makes homecoming game more special.. if there's a game.

Return to “Football”