Top 10 Offenses in SEO

Alumboy
Waterboy

Top 10 Offenses in SEO

Post by Alumboy »

List them

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Top 10 Offenses in SEO

Post by trojandave »

I can only speak for the Portsmouth Trojans. Scoring 40 PPG through 3 games, and averaging around 150-160 yards passing in addition to having Talyn Parker as the home run threat at RB, with Tyler McCoy getting some good yards also. Sophomore QB Drew Roe is emerging as one of the district's best QB's, both in passing and running. WR's Eric Purdy and Bryce Wallace, with TE Michael Duncan, give the Trojans some playmakers in the air attack.

Portsmouth has played 2 teams that are 2-1, Valley and West, so it's not like the Trojans have accumulated offensive numbers against weak opponents.
Last edited by trojandave on Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Minford
Portsmouth
Waverly

My guess

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Can't compare because of competition !!!!!

a.) New Lex, Trimble and Southeastern who are 9-0 have outscored their opponents by 396 points to start the year and the teams they beat opponents have an overall record of 7-20.

b.) Belpre, Athens and Wheelersburg who are 2-7 have been outscored by their opponents by 125 points and the opponents of these teams have an overall record of 24-4.

Moral of story: Numbers after league play will get a lot closer for b. to a. other than Trimble who has a cakewalk until the playoffs.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Waverly will prolly drop some with Shanks being out I’d imagine but should still be explosive with Shoemaker

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Warren
Averaging 44 per game
Kurt Taylor has 931 yards passing with 13 TDs
Gandee has 350 yds receiving with 4 TDs
Simoniette has 412 yds receiving with 5 TDs
Not the best run game, but serviceable.
Last edited by beg003 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Also Fort Frye. Not flashy or fancy, but they don’t miss opportunities. They’ve perfected that Wing T.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Warren
New Lexington
looks to have the highest numbers

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
socbasketballfan
Waterboy

Post by socbasketballfan »

I agree with trojandave. Portsmouth has played two stout defenses and have done well.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I understand that they aren’t considered an SEO school by many, but I’ll honorably mention Fisher Cath. when you talk about an offense where all 11 guys on the field do their job very well. Big guys up front do great in run-blocking, good pulling guards as well. The fullbacks are athletic, strong and are even better at following their assignments and setting their blocks than they are as hard runners.

I won’t go down the rabbit-hole of “players ‘X’ and ‘Y’ have ‘Z’ stats” because of their strength of schedule so far, but anyone that’s seen them in person or on tape can judge for themselves how good their skill guys are. Put simply, they’re having the season they are so far because of how well they play as a unit and how every guy on the field is doing what’s expected of them in their role toward the winning effort.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:25 pm Minford
Portsmouth
Waverly

My guess
I'd probably agree with the first 2 on the list to start the season anyways. Waverly's injury to the QB and inability to put points up in the redzone keep them off this list. A lot of this though is based on who teams have played, not flashy but look at the stats Southeastern has put up this year. Athens would be my #3 probably. I want to see the level of competition pick up for both Minford and Trojans but at least for the 1st 3 weeks I'm comfortable putting them this high.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye is number 1 in D6 in ppg with 49. In 3 games they have over 1000 yards rushing as a team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton is holding it's own as well. I think they average like 29 a game. while giving up like 4.3 points a game. and that's against 3 good teams, burg, Russell, ky, and fairland.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:21 am ironton is holding it's own as well. I think they average like 29 a game. while giving up like 4.3 points a game. and that's against 3 good teams, burg, Russell, ky, and fairland.
Bait, I’ll take the stingy defense all day too

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

mattash wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:39 pm Warren
New Lexington
looks to have the highest numbers
Fort Frye leads D6 in ppg 49

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:21 am ironton is holding it's own as well. I think they average like 29 a game. while giving up like 4.3 points a game. and that's against 3 good teams, burg, Russell, ky, and fairland.
I’m curious bait how well they do vs Ashland. As stated you don’t need many points if you are giving up 4 a game lol. Tigers are playing well.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

trojandave wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:22 pm I can only speak for the Portsmouth Trojans. Scoring 40 PPG through 3 games, and averaging around 150-160 yards passing in addition to having Talyn Parker as the home run threat at RB, with Tyler McCoy getting some good yards also. Sophomore QB Drew Roe is emerging as one of the district's best QB's, both in passing and running. WR's Eric Purdy and Bryce Wallace, with TE Michael Duncan, give the Trojans some playmakers in the air attack.

Portsmouth has played 2 teams that are 2-1, Valley and West, so it's not like the Trojans have accumulated offensive numbers against weak opponents.
I agree with trojandave. Watching Portsmouth this past Friday night, and while we all know about Parker, I was SO impressed with Drew Roe, the Sophomore QB. 3 TD passes and a outstanding game overall. Plus Purdy and Wallace at the receiver spots. WOW!

I've now seen Gallia Academy and Portsmouth back to back.....pretty darn close.....maybe even edge to Portsmouth.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:28 am
trojandave wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:22 pm I can only speak for the Portsmouth Trojans. Scoring 40 PPG through 3 games, and averaging around 150-160 yards passing in addition to having Talyn Parker as the home run threat at RB, with Tyler McCoy getting some good yards also. Sophomore QB Drew Roe is emerging as one of the district's best QB's, both in passing and running. WR's Eric Purdy and Bryce Wallace, with TE Michael Duncan, give the Trojans some playmakers in the air attack.

I agree with trojandave. Watching Portsmouth this past Friday night, and while we all know about Parker, I was SO impressed with Drew Roe, the Sophomore QB. 3 TD passes and a outstanding game overall. Plus Purdy and Wallace at the receiver spots. WOW!

I've now seen Gallia Academy and Portsmouth back to back.....pretty darn close.....maybe even edge to Portsmouth.
WhAt I thought was impressive is what Portsmouth done without Parker. Last year he was the whole offense. No disrespect to river valley but was able to put 40 points on the board without him. They are a threat 2 different ways. Once it gets going a bit more they will be really good. In get going i mean Friday and definitely next Friday lol.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 am
I’m curious bait how well they do vs Ashland. As stated you don’t need many points if you are giving up 4 a game lol. Tigers are playing well.
I guess we'll see Friday. stiff test for the tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”