S

Re: Top 10 Offenses in SEO

Post by dilligaf »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:03 am
mattash wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:39 pm Warren
New Lexington
looks to have the highest numbers
Fort Frye leads D6 in ppg 49
Think it they might have same problem as Trimble playing weak teams dont earn much respect i guess.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

dilligaf wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:29 pm
mattash wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:39 pm Warren
New Lexington
looks to have the highest numbers
Think it they might have same problem as Trimble playing weak teams dont earn much respect i guess.
Well they added 3 playoff teams Meadowbrook, Wheeling Central (A WV State Champs ) , Magnolia plus Nelsonville York a state semi finalist in 17. I don’t know what else they can do.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Well they added 3 playoff teams Meadowbrook, Wheeling Central (A WV State Champs ) , Magnolia plus Nelsonville York a state semi finalist in 17. I don’t know what else they can do.

Yeah i just meant so far in the season sure it will change for ff later down the road.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

dilligaf wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:51 pm

Yeah i just meant so far in the season sure it will change for ff later down the road.
Again, reading these forums:
Nelsonville thinks they're a playoff team. Belpre still thinks they can make the playoffs. Waterford has a good chance to sneak into the playoffs. Everybody is good until Fort Frye beats them. Just as soon as Fort Frye beats a team, the story becomes "Fort Frye plays weak teams."

On this forum, they don't get thought of, because the school is 300 yards from the boundary of Southeastern Ohio and don't play many teams in that direction. We've always scheduled OVAC teams as much as possible. So, I get it.

I will keep repeating: People who saw Fort Frye in Coach Huck's first 5 years don't have any idea how good they are right now.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

efarns wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:22 am
Nelsonville thinks they're a playoff team. Belpre still thinks they can make the playoffs. Waterford has a good chance to sneak into the playoffs. Everybody is good until Fort Frye beats them. Just as soon as Fort Frye beats a team, the story becomes "Fort Frye plays weak teams."

On this forum, they don't get thought of, because the school is 300 yards from the boundary of Southeastern Ohio and don't play many teams in that direction. We've always scheduled OVAC teams as much as possible. So, I get it.

I will keep repeating: People who saw Fort Frye in Coach Huck's first 5 years don't have any idea how good they are right now.
Yeah, it is funny because the teams that both Fort Frye and Trimble have beaten have ONLY lost to Fort Frye and Trimble. It just so happens that they each played Belpre & N-Y in back-to-back weeks, so those two teams got tagged with 2 early losses (and both will likely finish with 6-8 wins).

Fort Frye’s program is in a place where they SHOULD be scheduling up. And everything they did with their schedule this year was a move in that direction. Sometimes teams won’t sustain their success and an opponent won’t be as good as you thought, but you can’t predict that stuff.

Literally every team on Fort Frye’s schedule has either a great history/tradition, fairly recent success, and/or a great coach with high expectations. Nothing else they can really do.

Side note, though I put zero stock in the AP Poll, I was surprised to see FF not get the respect they’ve really earned. Not that they need any extra motivation or that it will change anything they do, but not sure opponents will appreciate an already dangerous team with a chip on its shoulder.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

enigmaax wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:55 am

Yeah, it is funny because the teams that both Fort Frye and Trimble have beaten have ONLY lost to Fort Frye and Trimble. It just so happens that they each played Belpre & N-Y in back-to-back weeks, so those two teams got tagged with 2 early losses (and both will likely finish with 6-8 wins).

Fort Frye’s program is in a place where they SHOULD be scheduling up. And everything they did with their schedule this year was a move in that direction. Sometimes teams won’t sustain their success and an opponent won’t be as good as you thought, but you can’t predict that stuff.

Literally every team on Fort Frye’s schedule has either a great history/tradition, fairly recent success, and/or a great coach with high expectations. Nothing else they can really do.

Side note, though I put zero stock in the AP Poll, I was surprised to see FF not get the respect they’ve really earned. Not that they need any extra motivation or that it will change anything they do, but not sure opponents will appreciate an already dangerous team with a chip on its shoulder.
I helped look for teams to schedule and most local teams just won’t play Fort Frye. Fort Frye does have Williamstown and Trimble replacing Meadowbrook and Monroe Central next season.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Fort Frye would hang at least 35 points on every team in the SE district with the exception of Jackson, Ironton, and Wheelersburg, and potentially Trimble. Fort Frye is that good.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Ironton is effective, but at times is like watching paint dry.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

N2Hoops wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am Ironton is effective, but at times is like watching paint dry.
Paint or not, it gets points and with their defense it works.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Dawg he was being playful on Trimble’s and the first part of FF’s schedule. Trimble and FF have played two of the same three teams, he said both played weak teams.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Dawg he was being playful on Trimble’s and the first part of FF’s schedule. Trimble and FF have played two of the same three teams, he said both played weak teams.
Dilligaf was just saying what other people may be thinking. I didn't come for him.

Fort Frye is a D VI school with no special advantages. It's a far-flung district in a small town with an aging population. They are beating the pants off of just about every school like them within 75 miles. But, somehow, for some people to respect them, they have to play teams two divisions above them, or some handpicked team from one of the biggest cities in West Virginia. It's just ridiculous. They're the top scoring offense in their division. I don't see any reason to trash half the teams in the region because you can't just say "Fort Frye is an elite offensive football team in this part of the world."

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

I'm a homer, but surely GA has earned a spot on the top 10 offenses in the area. Top 5, maybe. If I'm not mistaken, Point Pleasant would be a D-II school in Ohio, yet GA edged them out, and hung up a total of 62 in the first two games (granted, not against the best of competition, but....)

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:39 pm I'm a homer, but surely GA has earned a spot on the top 10 offenses in the area. Top 5, maybe. If I'm not mistaken, Point Pleasant would be a D-II school in Ohio, yet GA edged them out, and hung up a total of 62 in the first two games (granted, not against the best of competition, but....)
They also have one of the best RB in the area.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Blue/92 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:33 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:39 pm I'm a homer, but surely GA has earned a spot on the top 10 offenses in the area. Top 5, maybe. If I'm not mistaken, Point Pleasant would be a D-II school in Ohio, yet GA edged them out, and hung up a total of 62 in the first two games (granted, not against the best of competition, but....)
They also have one of the best RB in the area.
Gallia is a top 3 team , I have them ranked above my Ironmen . I’m sure would be a helluva game

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Point lost a ton of players that graduated last year from their playoff runs recently and it was their first game of the year last week. The other 8 teams they play this year are D5 with a D6 thrown in for good measure. Gallipolis will score 30+ points on most of these teams with no problem. The scheduling gods were kind this year with what I think are the 3 best teams you play all @ home (Point, Portsmouth and Ironton) so that's a plus. I'm predicting another playoff birth but another 1st rd. loss.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:11 am Fort Frye would hang at least 35 points on every team in the SE district with the exception of Jackson, Ironton, and Wheelersburg, and potentially Trimble. Fort Frye is that good.
Maybe we see how good your prediction is come week 12 or 13? :o That would be one heck of a game in my opinion.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.

Return to “Football”