EDITORIAL – Disciplining Dayton Dunbar

Post by radiodavel »

EDITORIAL – Disciplining Dayton Dunbar
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2019 ... ton-dunbar

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: EDITORIAL – Disciplining Dayton Dunbar

Post by formerfcfan »

Of course, some boomer dumbass who lives two states away keeps on pining on some topic that lost fanfare and general interest two weeks ago.

Hey Dave — why is it when I click on your website, I get redirected to an adware site? Riddle us that. Seriously.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Stateline Sports Network is a very reputable online high school sports news source. They are journalistic in format rather than school specific forum based. They are a good source for news out of the OHSAA. Never had any issues with adware or spyware.

That said, the Dunbar story has been beat to death.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
14U
S

Post by 14U »

I remember back in 1987 #1 D-I Dunbar came to Portsmouth to play in Wendy’s Holiday classic, Portsmouth beat them 71-70 in the final and there was things going on then. Getting face to face with coaches, throwing stuff on bench, taking shirt off throwing them behind bench and wouldn’t put back on or listen. Couldn’t control the players then. Dunbar went and won State but after that season some of those players went to Prison for different things from drugs,thief and murder. Time went by then in the 90’s I went to watch my cousin play couple Dayton teams in 94 by that time Dunbar and every city football team had to play on Saturday during daylight only because of how they acted, drugs, murders and drive by shooting. The stadium had police all around Dayton Welcome Stadium for security. So this isnt something that just started, it’s been there since the 80’s that I know of.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree, my team played them in the early 80's over there right after they consolidated with Roth, and they were a wild out of control bunch then.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I saw them play Chillicothe. Great game. But those were two well coached teams

Return to “Football”