Fairland 21 - 31 Waverly

Omega
SEOPS H

Fairland 21 - 31 Waverly

Post by Omega »

This game might be considered the "rebound" bowl as both squads are coming off resounding defeats. Fairland was beaten down by Ironton 49-7 and Waverly was physically dominated by Unioto 41-14. Thoughts please.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: WK 4: Waverly (2-1) @ Fairland (2-1)

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Waverly wins by a couple scores.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

This game will be very important for Waverly. They need to come out focused and make sure that they put a solid game together. Going forward in the season they need this W to get back on track and gain some confidence back.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Not sure in the severity of shanks injury but Waverly could potentially be in a dog fight with Fairland if they play like they did against Unioto. Need to get rid of those red zone woes

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'll take Waverly in this one by 2-3 scores, Shoemaker is still the best player on the field and at some point I've got to think it dawns on the play callers at Waverly to say maybe we should get this kid the ball inside the redzone and score some freakin points. After all it was Shoemakers video game run that won it against Athens, how quickly they forget that they don't need to throw the ball to score. Waverly 35-14

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

fairland is a tough place to play. Grass will be long, mosquitoes big and lighting dim.

I still like waverly by a score or two.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Interesting matchup

I’ll take the Tigers in this one but they’ll have to play well all around. I don’t think it will be easy.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Friday is going to be interesting indeed. Waverly has no choice but to make changes. with Shanks and Zeke Brown sidelined changes will have to be made on both sides of the ball. To add to those changes, I saw Sweptson and Zack Brown taking reps on both sides of the ball in practice tonight.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll take the dragons

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Being that both teams suffered pretty bad defeats last weekend, it might be interesting to see witch team can bounce back and regain there confidence this week. I don't think that probably very many people really gave the Dragons much of a chance against the Tigers regardless last week. I really thought that Waverly would probably beat Unioto, but that it would be a pretty good ballgame. I know that Waverly has some key injuries, and that Unioto has a very good running game, I guess that more than anything, I'm just surprised at the margin of the defeat. I also know that even last year, as well as this year, that Waverly can usually depend more on there offense than there defense. I hope that both teams will have an injury free game.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Going into this one I don't really know what to expect. If Waverly was fully healthy I would take them pretty confidently. But they aren't and they could be without a couple of key guys tomorrow. The Tigers in recent years have always relied on their offense to win them games, not defense. But now that the offense is seeing some unpredicted changes early in the season, it'll be interesting to see how they approach things. I'm not sure what expectations to have going into tomorrow, I could see it going so many different ways. I just hope the Tigers come out focused and play with energy and effort. And both teams walk away with no additional injuries.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

I talked with some of the boys at Roosters last night and I am excited to see the defense look for Friday. I followed all Crab's career and think he made a wise decision for this week. I think having the two senior boys back with help. I think both with play defense. I did get some insight on why Swepston has been side lined prior to his injury at ZT. He had orginally decided to not play this senior season and did not start till the opening of practice.

Get him and the older Brown boy should help out

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:37 am I talked with some of the boys at Roosters last night and I am excited to see the defense look for Friday. I followed all Crab's career and think he made a wise decision for this week. I think having the two senior boys back with help. I think both with play defense. I did get some insight on why Swepston has been side lined prior to his injury at ZT. He had orginally decided to not play this senior season and did not start till the opening of practice.

You care to give any insight on the possible changes for this week. Different scheme or personnel or? If you don't want to get into all the details I understand.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:53 am
Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:37 am I talked with some of the boys at Roosters last night and I am excited to see the defense look for Friday. I followed all Crab's career and think he made a wise decision for this week. I think having the two senior boys back with help. I think both with play defense. I did get some insight on why Swepston has been side lined prior to his injury at ZT. He had orginally decided to not play this senior season and did not start till the opening of practice.

You care to give any insight on the possible changes for this week. Different scheme or personnel or? If you don't want to get into all the details I understand.
Tigers could look a whole lot different this Friday night.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

I did not know much info boys were to share, just heard because one of them date my daughter. But it is a older style defense that they use to run. The older boys know it and they worked on it this week. I look for it to be more effective.

I expect the same boys adding Brown some.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I am excited to get to go share some thoughts with the Tigers this evening. Hopefully I can pass on something useful to these fine young men.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:52 pm I am excited to get to go share some thoughts with the Tigers this evening. Hopefully I can pass on something useful to these fine young men.
Do they still do the Thursday night walk thru or is it after school?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Traditionally waverly has always been a 3-3 stack team but this year they have been running a 3-4 defense. Maybe they will go back to 3-3?

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:33 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:52 pm I am excited to get to go share some thoughts with the Tigers this evening. Hopefully I can pass on something useful to these fine young men.
Do they still do the Thursday night walk thru or is it after school?
It’s not under the lights like it was back in the day. They meet after school, do a walk through, then have some sort of motivational speaker, then they are fed a meal by the football parents group.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Was just informed that kickoff has been changed to 7:30

Return to “Football”