Logan 7 - 14 Sheridan

SouthernComfort
Waterboy

Re: Week 4: Logan (0-3) VS Sheridan (2-1)

Post by SouthernComfort »

I hope things work out in Logan. The criticisms that I am reading here are in line with some of the issues Logan's new coach had at Parkersburg South over his tenure.
He picked a good time to leave South as the “talent” all graduated and his best chance to win squandered a 3 or 4 TD lead to end the season. What he didn’t count on was several of the guys he didn’t give the time of day are doing well. One of his 3 year backups is a QB who is being discussed as a wv player of the year candidate. Two defensive linemen came out because the new coach rebuilt bridges with basketball and wrestling that were previously burned by Coach Eddy & staff. (Ask Athens coaches/fans what they think of those 3 guys).

Reading this, it sounds like I dislike the coach. Nothing further from the truth. I wish him and Logan the best. I hope he focuses on creating a system around his available talent, playing the best guys, working with other sports in the school to get guys on the football field.

RNATION
Waterboy

Post by RNATION »

Chieftain nation wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:56 pm Offense was better tonight got the passing game going need to finish drives they played the four hardest teams on the schedule things looking good for now on passing game looked nice when time was given and the QB made a lot of good plays out of nothing things are coming around.
Agreed quarter back had time to throw things are coming around

RNATION
Waterboy

Post by RNATION »

SouthernComfort wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:51 am I hope things work out in Logan. The criticisms that I am reading here are in line with some of the issues Logan's new coach had at Parkersburg South over his tenure.
He picked a good time to leave South as the “talent” all graduated and his best chance to win squandered a 3 or 4 TD lead to end the season. What he didn’t count on was several of the guys he didn’t give the time of day are doing well. One of his 3 year backups is a QB who is being discussed as a wv player of the year candidate. Two defensive linemen came out because the new coach rebuilt bridges with basketball and wrestling that were previously burned by Coach Eddy & staff. (Ask Athens coaches/fans what they think of those 3 guys).

Reading this, it sounds like I dislike the coach. Nothing further from the truth. I wish him and Logan the best. I hope he focuses on creating a system around his available talent, playing the best guys, working with other sports in the school to get guys on the football field.
New coach got some players that didn’t play last year or so and he’s bringing good vibes to the program

RNATION
Waterboy

Post by RNATION »

Chief02 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:31 am I will say that Logan may be the most dangerous 0-4 team in Southeast Ohio. 😝
Agree

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Chiefs continue to improve and get better every week and the elusive win will come. Kids believe in each other and they want to win. Just need four complete quarters. Glad to see the offense open it up more and get the ball down field at times. I hope they can make it work on offense even tho I’m of the belief that maybe an old school Logan offense might be the way to go. But I’m not on the sidelines obviously. Offense seemed to be clicking last night so what do I know? Lol
Games balls to Spatar and McCarty and the OL. Rushed for 159 and threw for 139. Big guys up front getting it done.
Chiefs playing on Thursday night on TV at chilly, a game I think they can win. Short week could bring the W

Live Like A Champion!
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:51 pm Phew. Sounded like a disastrous third quarter for Logan. Special teams mistake. Fumble inside their own 10.

Wasted 1st and goal. Sheridan driving to put the game out of reach as the quarter ended.

How do you guys think Sheridan was compared to Jackson?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Sheridan's QB got hurt week 1. He should be back late in the season. When he comes back, Sheridan should have a much better pass game.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow didn't know that teach! That kinda puts a damper on things. Hope he gets better and has a productive year for the Generals.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:00 pm Sheridan's QB got hurt week 1. He should be back late in the season. When he comes back, Sheridan should have a much better pass game.
I take it he got hurt before week 1? Who was supposed to be QB1?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:17 pm How do you guys think Sheridan was compared to Jackson?
Jackson was a MUCH better football team on both sides of the ball. The Ironman front seven is a nightmare for a lot of teams.

Jackson offense is still working some things out, but I give them the edge because their backs are a step up from Sheridan. Both have good lines who controlled the line of scrimmage for periods. Jackson did a better job finishing drives than Sheridan.

A lot can change between now and the end of the season, but that's how I see the two teams right now.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

SouthernComfort wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:51 am I hope things work out in Logan. The criticisms that I am reading here are in line with some of the issues Logan's new coach had at Parkersburg South over his tenure.

Interesting. Maybe coach has learned some lessons.

I feel like one of the things he's best succeeded with is building bridges within the school and the community. Little things like having his kids show up at biddy football games to working with the popular choir director to learn the Fight Song and Alma Matter have been very popular.

And I don't think HE believe the "talent" had dried up - he seemed to make a point every time he talked about leaving that he knew he was leaving a good group - but he felt Logan was an opportunity he needed to take.

Time will tell. Certainly one thing that HAS to get better for Logan to succeed is for more athletes - especially basketball players - to get on the football field. In last year's senior class 4 of the 5 basketball starters could have walked in to the football starting lineup. Three would have been QB1 - and they all could have been outstanding receivers/DBs. Only 1 of them played a single year of Varsity football. And the best QB at LHS is a standout basketball player, but hasn't played football in high school.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:37 am
countywide35 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:17 pm How do you guys think Sheridan was compared to Jackson?
Jackson was a MUCH better football team on both sides of the ball. The Ironman front seven is a nightmare for a lot of teams.

Jackson offense is still working some things out, but I give them the edge because their backs are a step up from Sheridan. Both have good lines who controlled the line of scrimmage for periods. Jackson did a better job finishing drives than Sheridan.

A lot can change between now and the end of the season, but that's how I see the two teams right now.

fair enough....good rundown and thanks......

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Sorry your son didn't get to play when coach Eddy and staff were at P. South. Maybe they weren't ready yet. But I realize from a daddy's or mommy's perspective that's hard to take. It's good that junior is doing well this year. Best of luck to you and your son on a great season. :mrgreen:

Chieftain nation
Waterboy

Post by Chieftain nation »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 am

I feel like one of the things he's best succeeded with is building bridges within the school and the community. Little things like having his kids show up at biddy football games to working with the popular choir director to learn the Fight Song and Alma Matter have been very popular.

And I don't think HE believe the "talent" had dried up - he seemed to make a point every time he talked about leaving that he knew he was leaving a good group - but he felt Logan was an opportunity he needed to take.

Time will tell. Certainly one thing that HAS to get better for Logan to succeed is for more athletes - especially basketball players - to get on the football field. In last year's senior class 4 of the 5 basketball starters could have walked in to the football starting lineup. Three would have been QB1 - and they all could have been outstanding receivers/DBs. Only 1 of them played a single year of Varsity football. And the best QB at LHS is a standout basketball player, but hasn't played football in high school.
I completely disagree that doesn’t make much sense at all and that’s far from the truth

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Chieftain nation wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:13 pm
loganlocos wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 am

I completely disagree that doesn’t make much sense at all and that’s far from the truth

I agree with the disagree. Dont take anything from a good basketball player being able to help the football team. They all should. But they all don’t. Biggest reason is they don’t like the physicality that football dishes out. Give me a good football player for a basketball team than a good basket player for the football team any day of the week. Football mentality. Wins in all sports and in life.

Return to “Football”