Logan 7 - 14 Sheridan

loganlocos
SEOP

Logan 7 - 14 Sheridan

Post by loganlocos »

Logan returns home to face Sheridan.

While the Generals may not be quite the juggarnaut they have have been the last two seasons, they still are probably the top contender (maybe New Lex?) to Tri-Valley for the MVL crown. Sheridan lost to Licking Valley week one, but the Panthers seem to have reloaded. Sheridan has beaten Maysville (21-0) and John Glenn (13-12) the last two weeks.

Logan lost to Jackson 28-7 last week. Jackson's defense held Logan's offense in check while the ground game slowly wore down the Chiefs. Logan probably should have found a way to beat Teays Valley and were outmatched by Tri-Valley the first week.

This is the last of Logan's 4-game opening gauntlet. Hopefully should be a competitive battle on Friday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 4: Logan (0-3) VS Sheridan (2-1)

Post by Ironman92 »

I think should be a good game. I can’t wait for analysis after game of how Sheridan compares to Jackson.

Good Luck to our Logan friends. Tough matchup

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Man, Logan’s schedule.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

What a way to welcome a new coach lol, after Sheridan, then Chillicothe, then Athens, then Zanesville, geez.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

He needs to do something with that failing offense or the L's will keep stacking up......Tell the OC to try something else.....I see the same this week....Sheridan in a close one with logan's defense with hands on their hips gasping for air.......

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

:lol: Now inches go easy on the new skipper! I kind of agree with ya though. They will probably beat three or four teams doing what they are doing now but to beat the winning teams things have to change.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

kinda agree?....you either agree or you don't, c clamp.....it's there for the eyes to take in and mine could see it.....Not being hard on the new coach just yet.....trying to keep in him out of trouble......before the real trouble arises.....his oc needs to change it up......plenty of oc's would have already tried something different by now.....the s gun is complete failure for what he has.....

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sheridan will win this one with some more 3 and outs from the Chiefs. Feel sorry for the defense.

Buckeyes1979
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyes1979 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:00 am Man, Logan’s schedule.
Big school they're playing the teams they should hell most teams they play school size is a good bit smaller

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Here's what I'll say about Logan's offense:

These are valid takes:

Could they involve more players in the run game? i.e. slot backs, receivers, and the "H-back" on jet sweeps, more options, etc.

Could they incorporate more RPO with short routes over the middle to slow down linebackers?

Could they use more bubble action to get players out of the box? - or to punish defenses who DON'T respect boundary players?

But to say "well, the spread can't work" or "move to a run base offense" is just silly talk.

First - a video of a "spread" team where the QB runs for over 1200 yards and 24 TDs while throwing for less than 500 and 8 touchdowns. Oh and the team won 10 games:

And secondly - Logan IS a run based offense. They are currently running the ball on almost EIGHTY PERCENT of their plays. Now - some of those runs may actually be QB sacks - but at a minimum they are calling running plays 70-percent of the time - and its probably closer to 75% of the time.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That was a great Alexander. Sucked their best player got hurt

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Should be a nice evening for football. Weather/temp won't be too bad when the sun goes down. GO CHIEFS!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Logan 14

Sheridan 28
:mrgreen:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

good luck chiefs...…..tough matchup coming off the Jackson game...….Sheridan /Jackson could very well see each other in week 11 week 12....keep doing the things that it takes to turn the program around and for the most part that has happen.....after talking with jr high players and other Logan faithful with the numbers that are out playing football grades 7-12 good things will come out of that....new facilities…new coach....great numbers...those ingredients will get Logan football back where it wants to be...….im with I92.....im anxious to hear the Chiefs comparison of Jackson TO Sheridan.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:19 am good luck chiefs...…..tough matchup coming off the Jackson game...….Sheridan /Jackson could very well see each other in week 11 week 12....keep doing the things that it takes to turn the program around and for the most part that has happen.....after talking with jr high players and other Logan faithful with the numbers that are out playing football grades 7-12 good things will come out of that....new facilities…new coach....great numbers...those ingredients will get Logan football back where it wants to be...….im with I92.....im anxious to hear the Chiefs comparison of Jackson TO Sheridan.
Logan is beginning to refill the cupboard. In a few years I think you will see a return on investment. Our middle school numbers are growing and our youth program (Tomahawks) is making great improvements. I know it’s hard to project years down the road, but I see nothing but good things ahead.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logan is a team that should go back to the I or some sort of Wing T offense like they did at the end of last year. They are as big up front as they have been since 2015 and they have a solid RB, if even 2 possibly. The QB is small and is NOT a passer. So instead of making your kids adapt to your offensive philosophies maybe someone should adapt their philosophies to your kids? If they aren't a spread team don't try and make them one. (Round peg/square hole) The Chiefs could run a wishbone style (Trimble does it and is very good at it) or a Wing T and just smash people up front with it with their size imo. Or some variation of those. They have the horses to do that. They don't have the burner speed on the outside, the 6-4 gunslinger, the 6-3 WR who runs past people. Go with what will work for your kids. End rant.

Live Like A Champion!
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Ahhh someone finally agrees with me! I been saying it all along, the under center, small QB wing t would be a good fit for this team. The big line with good runners. Lancaster has ran it for many years with success. People might say" well teams will just stack the line and stop it" Not so easy when you can't see who has the ball until they already break through the line. The misdirection and ball handling between the QB and runners is what makes it successful. Too late now anyway, takes a lot of preparation to install something like that. Anyway good luck tonight the Generals. Should be close with the defense playing as well as it is but they can only last so long if the offense can't generate much offense.

RNATION
Waterboy

Post by RNATION »

Logangrad wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:02 pm Logan is a team that should go back to the I or some sort of Wing T offense like they did at the end of last year. They are as big up front as they have been since 2015 and they have a solid RB, if even 2 possibly. The QB is small and is NOT a passer. So instead of making your kids adapt to your offensive philosophies maybe someone should adapt their philosophies to your kids? If they aren't a spread team don't try and make them one. (Round peg/square hole) The Chiefs could run a wishbone style (Trimble does it and is very good at it) or a Wing T and just smash people up front with it with their size imo. Or some variation of those. They have the horses to do that. They don't have the burner speed on the outside, the 6-4 gunslinger, the 6-3 WR who runs past people. Go with what will work for your kids. End rant.
AGREED logangrad

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

I think a more reasonable change would be to switch to the backup QB who is a more natural passer. Let Spatar be in the running game. I think Locos summed it up very well earlier.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

saw a score 06/00 Logan?????

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”