Trimble 45 - 0 South Gallia

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Re: Trimble (3-0) vs South Gallia (1-2)- Week 4

Post by Happy McGavin »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:24 am What makes Trimble so good? I know nothing about the team. Is it the area? Coaching staff that good. I’ve read for years and they seem to be good every year. Sorry for the dumb question lol.
I think the main thing is stability in the program. Coach Faires has been the head coach for 26 years I think and his staff is full of Trimble guys and a few past Tomcat greats that played for him. They seem to love the game, definitely like hitting people, and most of the kids have been playing ball together since biddy league so thats a plus too.

Its all in the hips
Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

DuceGun21 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:11 am
Carzycurt wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:24 pm [quote=mattash post_id=<a href="tel:1793915">1793915</a> time=<a href="tel:1568574017">1568574017</a> user_id=2]
JV offense to start the game and D play the entire game ?
Not really able to get ready for post season like that
Tell me the last time Trimble had a schedule that was able to get them ready for post season? Crickets everywhere! But they continue to win regional titles and make appearances in the state finals so I’m sure this years schedule will make no difference just like that past season didn’t either! JMO
[/quote]

Man why so defensive? I hope they do well representing our area! Just saying there is a huge difference in starters having to play a whole game under stress then just playing a first half! If ya dont believe that then you prove your knowledge of football!

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

This will be one of the more ugly games of the season. The question, can SG's starters score on Trimble's youngn's?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:24 am What makes Trimble so good? I know nothing about the team. Is it the area? Coaching staff that good. I’ve read for years and they seem to be good every year. Sorry for the dumb question lol.
Being a D7 school with a high population density for the district helps a lot.

TCAT1000+
Waterboy

Post by TCAT1000+ »

madpolecat wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:32 pm
Being a D7 school with a high population density for the district helps a lot.
Trimble has always had kids that will hit you. But in my opinion, It was Konnor Standley, Jacob Koons and the 2013 team that showed teams to follow the way to get it done. Their belief in team, commitment to the weight room and the whatever it takes attitude has pushed Trimble to another lever. Also, Coach Trace, his dedication to the students of Trimble and how he runs the weight program has had a major positive impact on our teams.

Wowtimmy
Waterboy

Post by Wowtimmy »

Trimble is good for a few reasons.
Stable coaching staff
Since 2012 just better players
Tvc hocking always bad and getting worse
Tvc hocking teams expect to lose before game starts
Coach trace does a helluva job in the weightroom
Trimble will always be in the
playoffs till the end of time, becuase 8 wins with there schedule is 99% guaranteed.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

I could see them not making it in D6 with 8 wins

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bone dust wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:06 pm I could see them not making it in D6 with 8 wins
Trimble could make the playoffs at 7-3. 6-4 would be on the bubble. Trimble will go 10-0 with 22 to 23 points. Probably be the #2 seed

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 pm
Bone dust wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:06 pm I could see them not making it in D6 with 8 wins
Trimble could make the playoffs at 7-3. 6-4 would be on the bubble. Trimble will go 10-0 with 22 to 23 points. Probably be the #2 seed
Wont matter because next year or year after they will be back in D7

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Coach Faires does a great job with the kids that he has. I completely agree with the influx of talent combined with mental toughness. Most importantly, every Trimble team that I have seen in person plays hard and plays together. They rarely make mistakes or have big errors and truly support each other when one player is having a great game.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Ground Buck wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:27 am Are all you people posting on here from Glouster? :mrgreen:
they better be. As I understand from recent posts, if you dont live in glouster you are a troll and should be ignored or possibly banned from the site.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Trimble’s schedule will start to strengthen beginning next year. With Wahama leaving that gives them another non league game. Miller is leaving too but they will probably keep playing as a non league game at least for a couple years. Next year Trimble has Nelsonville, Vinton County, Fort Frye for non league games. Only playing a 6 game league schedule will help a lot with branching out and playing some bigger schools so people can finally stop whining about their schedule lol.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

As others have stated, Trimble will win big.

As for Trimble's dominance, I know there are a lot of things that contribute to it, but I don't think it is stressed enough how the stability of the program creates a winning environment. When we look at the other schools in the area, how many can say they have had the same coach for 10+ years, let alone 25+. I honestly feel the stability in the leadership is the key to success, or should I say, sustained success. Once there is a winning culture developed, it takes quite a bit to tear it down.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Whenever I see a program like Trimble's (and there aren't many) I figure it comes back to the head coach. Every coach knows how a football program is supposed to work. A few are gifted at getting it done.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

I agree it's program from pee wee all the way up I mean 2013 team kish coached all the way to Jr high and now you have this class that kittle and koons have always coach and still do then you guys have a really good Jr high that hardy coached until this year and now they have Osborne who has been a coach in a state championship not taking anything from coaches now just saying they have program from 3rd grade up also look at NY maybe a little down this year but they always had good football and Jerry Lewis has coach little bucks for probably 30 years

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Trimble too much for south gallia…..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Trimble has a great football program from pee wee league to jr high to high school. They groom these kids each year. They get them started at an early age and it is in there blood. Look at the past coaches Ed Bolin for example was at Trimble for many years before he decided to go to Waverly and he had alot of winning seasons. We have a winning Tradition at Trimble and its being led by your younger past athletes like Brady, Jacob, Austin, Konner, Philip, and the older ones ,jeff, reuben and phil...............they all work as a unit ................

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

SG ! Good luck

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

As the sultan of smack once said in a Charlie daniels singing voice the rebels roll in to glouster looking for a soul to Steel they was in a bind because they was way behind and the tomcats sealed the deal!!! Cats by 40+
#whatmakesyouthinkimfromtrimble

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Running clock in 2nd qt due to coaches decision and 6min qt in the 2nd half 45-0

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast

Return to “Football”