Wilmington 27 - 31 Minford

14U
S

Re: Minford (3-0) vs. Wilmington (1-2)- Week 4

Post by 14U »

Who does all the kicking for Minford this year?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

14U wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 am I’m glad Minford has a team with plenty of playmakers on it. They been needing this for awhile. Risner and Skaggs I think stuck out the best for me. Wilmington threw the ball too much, u alway need a running game. How many rushing yards and attempts for Wilmington? Wilmington had many INT’s as Risner had 3 of them, great for that young man, good kid! Wilmington played alittle after the whistle cheap shots ref missed some. Anyways falcons pulled out a close one after turning the ball over and Wilmington bring ball to make it interesting but Risner came up big with INT in endzone. 5-0 going into burg week and the stadium will be packed!!
So you already beat East Clinton? Did you play that one this morning?
You probably should beat them, but take no opponent lightly.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:34 am
14U wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 am I’m glad Minford has a team with plenty of playmakers on it. They been needing this for awhile. Risner and Skaggs I think stuck out the best for me. Wilmington threw the ball too much, u alway need a running game. How many rushing yards and attempts for Wilmington? Wilmington had many INT’s as Risner had 3 of them, great for that young man, good kid! Wilmington played alittle after the whistle cheap shots ref missed some. Anyways falcons pulled out a close one after turning the ball over and Wilmington bring ball to make it interesting but Risner came up big with INT in endzone. 5-0 going into burg week and the stadium will be packed!!
Nope I’m picking Minford to win east Clinton game this week so yes 5-0 going into rival week!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

14U wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:50 am
Nope I’m picking Minford to win east Clinton game this week so yes 5-0 going into rival week!!
I realize that, I’m saying don’t count it until it happens.

joeshmo
Waterboy

Post by joeshmo »

Burg a rival? You need to win some games vs Burg to be considered a rival IMO. What’s Minford’s record vs Burg?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

joeshmo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:29 pm Burg a rival? You need to win some games vs Burg to be considered a rival IMO. What’s Minford’s record vs Burg?
7-53 ??? Heck I have no idea.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Fair analysis.

Its amazing to see some of the throws that Vogelsong Lewis can make and Risner and Skaggs have great hands and speed along with running terrific routes.

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Re: Wilmington 27 - 31 Minford

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Great to see Minford with a strong program this year. Hope they beat Burg in SOC 2

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

LOMBARDI9.9 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:03 pm Great to see Minford with a strong program this year. Hope they beat Burg in SOC 2
Yes, year 4 of the Ruby regime so these are his players , hopefully it sustains.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I didn't know that Burg and Minford was a rivalry game? I thought Minford v/s Valley is a rivalry game. Burg v/s Ironton is a rivalry game. Maybe I'm wrong? But Burg playing Minford is just another SOC game that usually starts off conference play. Burg v/s West is kind of a rivalry game. I always thought for it to be a rivalry game the other team has to win atleast once every few years? Maybe this is Minfords year to beat the Burg who knows? IMO not this year Burg is down a little but still very good and still getting better but good luck to both teams and GO BURG! Beat Jackson!!!

Burg grad 85
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

scott1297 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:46 pm

I didn't know that Burg and Minford was a rivalry game? I thought Minford v/s Valley is a rivalry game. Burg v/s Ironton is a rivalry game. Maybe I'm wrong? But Burg playing Minford is just another SOC game that usually starts off conference play. Burg v/s West is kind of a rivalry game. I always thought for it to be a rivalry game the other team has to win atleast once every few years? Maybe this is Minfords year to beat the Burg who knows? IMO not this year Burg is down a little but still very good and still getting better but good luck to both teams and GO BURG! Beat Jackson!!!
It’s an arguable rivalry since 2000 or so that’s kinda cooled off in competitive level after 2010 or so , but the SOC 2 is almost like the AFC North , every week in conference play is a rival with the exception of Oak Hill aand Northwest(when they were 2).

14U
S

Post by 14U »

scott1297 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:46 pm

You’re right but to listen to most falcon fans thru the 35 year that’s their game so I joking put rivals, lol but always come on the losing end!! Yes Portsmouth-Ironton, Minford- valley for the road, ironton-Ashland, etc!! that’s rivals in my book

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Since 1972, Burg leads the series with Minford 43-4 with only one Minford victory prior to 2000. The two communities are in close proximity to each other though.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

NewEra wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:26 pm
LOMBARDI9.9 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:03 pm Great to see Minford with a strong program this year. Hope they beat Burg in SOC 2
Yes, year 4 of the Ruby regime so these are his players , hopefully it sustains.
Yes they are but in big games he finds ways to lose!! Logan last year and Wilmington (after he didn’t knee the ball 3 times) took ball down the field to win. Falcon players saved his rear! Valley. Last year 5-0 ended up? If not for some good assistant coaches and players making athletic plays it would be different. Burg down? Try great schedule without cupcakes and a young team. If burg played Minfords schedule they would be undefeated but playing 0-3 or 1-3 teams don’t get you better. What would Minfords record be if they played burgs schedule? Just asking.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

14U wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:38 pm
NewEra wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:26 pm
Yes they are but in big games he finds ways to lose!! Logan last year and Wilmington (after he didn’t knee the ball 3 times) took ball down the field to win. Falcon players saved his rear! Valley. Last year 5-0 ended up? If not for some good assistant coaches and players making athletic plays it would be different. Burg down? Try great schedule without cupcakes and a young team. If burg played Minfords schedule they would be undefeated but playing 0-3 or 1-3 teams don’t get you better. What would Minfords record be if they played burgs schedule? Just asking.
This year the product on the field just looks different. I don’t think this years record is fools gold, but we’ll see. Probably the same record or one less as Burg(Ashland) but they eat Greenup pretty similar minus not playing as well defensively.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I agree that Minford looks better offensively. I believe Wiget was hurt last year? Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Also, not sure why we didnt see Vogelsong Lewis at QB last year. The kid makes throws that havent been seen at Minford in a very long time, if ever. That's a total head scratcher. People pleasing I guess at its finest. Totally different mentality with him at QB.

Defensively Minford looks solid this year. They are off to a good start. Barring no injuries I see them having a very good season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Probably not rivals in football but the other sports I could see that. Minford has a good team this year.

Return to “Football”